April 19, 2014 | 1754 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by vera89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush!
Actually, it is my first foundation brush. Before I would use my fingertips to apply makeup. After a bad experience with Estée Lauder blush and power brush and decided I should invest in some professional makeup brand. I was divided between MAC and Bobbi Brown. I tried MAC and I don't regret, it worths every cent! My friends also say very good things about Bobbi Brown, but it it is more expensive and since MAC delivers such a great result and don't even want to try other brands!
My foundation looks much more natural, lighter, very well blended and the brush feels soft on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this brush for apply foundation very roughly but i don't really use this to buff the foundation or to get a good finish. its a very standard brush and you don't really need to spend this much money on a brush like this. i alternate between this and a double sided concealer/foundation brush i got at walgreens. most of them are very similar since they usually are synthetic brushes and the quality rarely varies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkyparadise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have fallen in love with my MAC 190 brush! for the longest time I had used the 187 for foundation and i felt like its performance was ok, it didnt apply like how my 190 does. the 190 blends my foundation like a dream and it makes it look so nice and natural, just like i have perfect skin! i dont understand how ppl get a streaky face after using this brush! my 187 is just gonna be a cream blush brush from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by GeorgieM19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had this for four years, its been used every day, and it has served me well. If you look after these brushes and clean them monthly there is no reason they should need to be replaced! Thats why we call it an investment :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have used this for years and its so soft, never sheds, doesn't streak my foundation and washes and dries beautifully. But I would never buy it again. Why? It is horribly overpriced. I just found a $3 ELF brush that is just as good...and I'm very serious about applying my foundation (I'd never dream of using my fingers or some other primitive application so a good brush is paramount). In a nutshell, this is a great little brush but you really can find ones just as nice at a much lower price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by maia74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like the 190 gets a lot of flack. It's a traditional foundation brush and when you're using it, it feels a lot like you're actually painting. There are no gimmicks or trickery here. No stippling and swirling, no buffing, just a good old paintbrush for your face. That's what I like about this brush. I feel like other brushes work well with certain types of foundation. The 187 works well for me with light foundations, dense flat-top brushes (like the Sigma F80) work well with heavier foundations. I've found that this brush works with all of them...light, thick, medium, gel, cream, or whipped. Since I know this and could essentially use it every day, but have other foundation brushes I enjoy, I tend to use this when I feel like having more control over my product (like on icky days). It's also easier to see exactly where the brush is going since the head is so small. In any case, it's not my all day every day holy grail brush. But I like it and I like it a lot. I can see us being friends for years to come.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Sadiegem

Best foundation brush i own, others left me streaky, this one is easy the use the hairs are quite flexible. i use small strokes and patting notions, gives great results with mac studio fix.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a novice, this was my first foundation brush and introduction to makeup tools. At the time, it was like my holy grail - I liked the idea of "painting" my face and was inspired by all the makeup artists who would do my makeup with this sort of brush. But it takes so painstakingly long to finish my face and the result is medium to full coverage so if that's the look you want, it's a good brush. However, if you're like me and prefer a "barely there" look, this is not the most suitable brush to use. I've since moved on other brushes, but I still keep this one handy for thicker foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

I bought this brush a while ago but never reached for it mostly because it produced streaks across my face no matter how random, small, gentle the strokes were. Back then, I used NARS Sheer Glow and I much preferred using my fingers or the MAC 109 brush. But just recently, I bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to apply it properly. I used the 109 and 187 brushes, my fingers - nothing worked, my foundation was just not crackalackin' with me. I figured why not give the 190 brush a try and it gave me the. most. flawless. finish. evar. You definitely have to use small, random strokes with this brush and patting does help, too. I'm not exactly sure if I would repurchase though, as much as I love this brush. It's so, so expensive ($42 USD) and I'm sure other brands, like Sigma, produce equal quality brushes at a MUCH cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Can't complain. This is a dense but flexible brush with synthetic bristles, which makes it perfect for liquid product application as its hairs will absorb far less product than natural fibers would. Overall it "coats" the skin with foundation really well, doing justice to whatever coverage each foundation claims to provide, and the streaking is minimal on me - nothing that can't be fixed with an additional 2 or 3 careful swipes. Would repurchase.