MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

I know some of you love MAC brushes and I do love most of them, but this 190 isn't good for me. It streaks when I apply my face and body foundation and I still feel I need to use my fingers ( I know it's a no no) to blend it after all. Not to mention there is a smell after I wash the brush. It makes me feel that the brush isn't getting clean enough or is holding on to some mildew or residew. I will not repurchase and I don't reccomend this one.

on 7/4/2011 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got this as part of a set. Dont use it much because I dont really use liquid foundation, but when I do, this brush does the job well

on 6/19/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

this is a great standard foundation brush. these types of brushes suck in aot of product, so you need to be using it properly. I use different foundation brushes for different types of foundations, but this great for liquid. I also use mine to apply moisturiser sometimes. i know many people find that these streak and i used to too, but its because they need to use it properly. Need to apply the foundation on in streaks and then pressed it down all over your face. I learnt this off a makeup artist on youtube. Gossmakeupartist, go and check him out for more detail. Buts its a great brush, and tends to get over looked sometimes, which is a shame because if used properly it can give a great finish.

on 5/13/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had never used a brush for foundation before my friend reccomended that I purchase this. It delivers a perfect finish every single time... I will never go back to using sponges or *gasp* my fingers again to blend foundation.

on 4/10/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this at the MAC counter when I bought their studio fix foundation. I never liked the foundation but I still use this to apply revlon colorstay and at times I will miss a streak so I have to do sections and take my time. It was my first foundation brush and I haven't tried any others since I bought it in 2008 so it must be good enough. I do remember it being pricey and I just don't get why they need to be so greedy with their prices when there are similar brushes as MAC ones for 12$!

on 4/7/2011 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is a classic foundation brush and I got it in a set for Christmas, so I really don't have an idea of the cost of the brush. It has semi-dense bristles, liquid foundation might get stuck easily in it, so I'd recommend regular washing.
I love the size of it-it can get into the smaller areas like under my eyes and round my lips. In the beginning it made me very streaky, but I think this might be mostly due to my own usage of the brush. So it sort of needs some practice to discern how it works best for each individual.
I find it better to first use it to disperse the foundation and then tap to prevent streakiness. If I lost I'd definitely buy it again, since it makes my foundation look more natural than if I use fingers.

I love this brush! It is my first foundation brush, and I don't really want to try any others! I never had any problems with streaking, and it blended beautifully! I didn't have to struggle to get a good finish, either. I would definitely recommend this if you have the money, but I'm assuming there are foundation brushes just as good for less money.

on 4/1/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush!
Actually, it is my first foundation brush. Before I would use my fingertips to apply makeup. After a bad experience with Estée Lauder blush and power brush and decided I should invest in some professional makeup brand. I was divided between MAC and Bobbi Brown. I tried MAC and I don't regret, it worths every cent! My friends also say very good things about Bobbi Brown, but it it is more expensive and since MAC delivers such a great result and don't even want to try other brands!
My foundation looks much more natural, lighter, very well blended and the brush feels soft on the skin.

on 3/5/2011 2:40:00 AM

i use this brush for apply foundation very roughly but i don't really use this to buff the foundation or to get a good finish. its a very standard brush and you don't really need to spend this much money on a brush like this. i alternate between this and a double sided concealer/foundation brush i got at walgreens. most of them are very similar since they usually are synthetic brushes and the quality rarely varies.

i have fallen in love with my MAC 190 brush! for the longest time I had used the 187 for foundation and i felt like its performance was ok, it didnt apply like how my 190 does. the 190 blends my foundation like a dream and it makes it look so nice and natural, just like i have perfect skin! i dont understand how ppl get a streaky face after using this brush! my 187 is just gonna be a cream blush brush from now on.

Top Rated MAC Products