MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.3

on 4/10/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this at the MAC counter when I bought their studio fix foundation. I never liked the foundation but I still use this to apply revlon colorstay and at times I will miss a streak so I have to do sections and take my time. It was my first foundation brush and I haven't tried any others since I bought it in 2008 so it must be good enough. I do remember it being pricey and I just don't get why they need to be so greedy with their prices when there are similar brushes as MAC ones for 12$!

on 4/7/2011 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is a classic foundation brush and I got it in a set for Christmas, so I really don't have an idea of the cost of the brush. It has semi-dense bristles, liquid foundation might get stuck easily in it, so I'd recommend regular washing.
I love the size of it-it can get into the smaller areas like under my eyes and round my lips. In the beginning it made me very streaky, but I think this might be mostly due to my own usage of the brush. So it sort of needs some practice to discern how it works best for each individual.
I find it better to first use it to disperse the foundation and then tap to prevent streakiness. If I lost I'd definitely buy it again, since it makes my foundation look more natural than if I use fingers.

I love this brush! It is my first foundation brush, and I don't really want to try any others! I never had any problems with streaking, and it blended beautifully! I didn't have to struggle to get a good finish, either. I would definitely recommend this if you have the money, but I'm assuming there are foundation brushes just as good for less money.

on 4/1/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush!
Actually, it is my first foundation brush. Before I would use my fingertips to apply makeup. After a bad experience with Estée Lauder blush and power brush and decided I should invest in some professional makeup brand. I was divided between MAC and Bobbi Brown. I tried MAC and I don't regret, it worths every cent! My friends also say very good things about Bobbi Brown, but it it is more expensive and since MAC delivers such a great result and don't even want to try other brands!
My foundation looks much more natural, lighter, very well blended and the brush feels soft on the skin.

on 3/5/2011 2:40:00 AM

i use this brush for apply foundation very roughly but i don't really use this to buff the foundation or to get a good finish. its a very standard brush and you don't really need to spend this much money on a brush like this. i alternate between this and a double sided concealer/foundation brush i got at walgreens. most of them are very similar since they usually are synthetic brushes and the quality rarely varies.

i have fallen in love with my MAC 190 brush! for the longest time I had used the 187 for foundation and i felt like its performance was ok, it didnt apply like how my 190 does. the 190 blends my foundation like a dream and it makes it look so nice and natural, just like i have perfect skin! i dont understand how ppl get a streaky face after using this brush! my 187 is just gonna be a cream blush brush from now on.

on 2/23/2011 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Had this for four years, its been used every day, and it has served me well. If you look after these brushes and clean them monthly there is no reason they should need to be replaced! Thats why we call it an investment :)

on 2/21/2011 5:12:00 PM

I have used this for years and its so soft, never sheds, doesn't streak my foundation and washes and dries beautifully. But I would never buy it again. Why? It is horribly overpriced. I just found a $3 ELF brush that is just as good...and I'm very serious about applying my foundation (I'd never dream of using my fingers or some other primitive application so a good brush is paramount). In a nutshell, this is a great little brush but you really can find ones just as nice at a much lower price.

on 2/10/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I feel like the 190 gets a lot of flack. It's a traditional foundation brush and when you're using it, it feels a lot like you're actually painting. There are no gimmicks or trickery here. No stippling and swirling, no buffing, just a good old paintbrush for your face. That's what I like about this brush. I feel like other brushes work well with certain types of foundation. The 187 works well for me with light foundations, dense flat-top brushes (like the Sigma F80) work well with heavier foundations. I've found that this brush works with all of them...light, thick, medium, gel, cream, or whipped. Since I know this and could essentially use it every day, but have other foundation brushes I enjoy, I tend to use this when I feel like having more control over my product (like on icky days). It's also easier to see exactly where the brush is going since the head is so small. In any case, it's not my all day every day holy grail brush. But I like it and I like it a lot. I can see us being friends for years to come.

on 1/26/2011 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best foundation brush i own, others left me streaky, this one is easy the use the hairs are quite flexible. i use small strokes and patting notions, gives great results with mac studio fix.

Popular Makeup Brushes