April 25, 2014 | 826 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Wet 2 Straight

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Minaly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this straightener about 2 years ago, I have medium, thick wavy hair. I've used this straightener every day. I never used it to straighten my hair while it was wet, and I don't think I ever will (with any straightener) When I bought it, it worked great, considering its price $30 it didn't leave my hair frizzy, heats and cooled pretty fast, left it pretty straight the entire day, and didn't cause much damaged (used it with a heat protector) It has a swivel chord, design is ok. But recently, the paint/ceramic started to peel, and my hair kept getting pulled and fried, it caused my hair split ends and left it very dry, not frizzy though, plus it doesn't keep the heat for very long, after about 25 minutes its starts to cool down. Which is reasonable I mean its a $30 dollar iron, you get what you pay for right. Still, its a decent iron for its price, this is my first iron I bought it when I first started getting into doing my hair and it worked great for a while, I mean even now that it doesn't work as well as it used to it still never leaves my hair with frizz. I would recommend this for any teenage girl out there that hasn't a lot to spend on a straightening iron, its not the best iron but its still pretty good for that price. I am now in the search of a new iron, GHD seems pretty good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by saigon1093

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought mine a few years ago and love it. While you shouldn't use on hair just out of the shower, you can use it on damp or towel dried hair. I haven't had any problems with it and it does straighten my hair well enough, and for the price you can't go wrong.($25-30) I would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by TopModelBELLA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This Straigtner Is Pretty Good ; It Heats Up Quick Which Is Really Good & It Has A Heat Settinq Up To 30 Which Is The Max ; I Dont Use It On My Hair Is Wet Only A Bit Damp Though & Also It Gives My Hair This Shine But Thats Probably Just The Products Anywayss . If You Lookinq For A Good Enouqh Kinda Product & Does Not Cost Much Then I Will Recommend To You .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this years ago & didn't like it. It felt raw on my hair (no gentle cushioning) & pulled on it. Gave it away to a friend.
Now my coworker who sits next to me uses this at work everyday (she's super-vigilant about keeping her curly hair straight). One day I borrowed her Wet2Straight b/c I needed to get ready for an after-work dinner date which I didn't have time to prep for in the morning & was being picked up straight from work. I don't have curly hair; it's mostly straight with some ugly kink to it if I don't style or blowdry. It took longer to straighten my already-dry hair with this than it should have, but ultimately it smoothed it out ....yet it was painful, as it kept pulling on my hair. UGH.
I avoid borrowing it unless I have an unusually dire need (such as that fancy after-work date). I would never buy this for myself again. The price I paid was decent though, just $35. But you get what you pay for. I didn't like it at all.
Another friend of mine recently bought this & she likes it for straightening her curly hair from wet to dry, but says she still has to finish it off with her Chi flatiron.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Devinmc2256

I bought this a few years ago, and I loved it! But it was so big and bulky that I decided to get a new one by conair. The conair one worked but not nearly as well as the remington! So I went back about a week ago, and I am still in love with it! I don't use it when my hair is wet however; I have heard that it's really bad for your hair, when you do that.

Sooo here is how I use it:
1.) Shampoo/ condition my hair using Aussie cleanse and mend shampoo and conditioner.
2.) blow-dry my hair
3.) Turn on straightner to highest heat setting
4.) divide my hair into top-bottom sections
5.) Straighten (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my first and only straightener but so far had no problems with it. good cuz itz wet 2 straight and i normally jus dry a lil but i dont have to worry about burnin my hair if its still kinda damp. i kno about 6 others who like it as well so im thinkin its a gooood buy nd on top of that its affordable

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by v13co

The first thing that drew me into this product was the fact that it was dual-voltage (110-240 V) so I can bring it with me wherever I travel. Chi, GHD, Sedu, other more expensive brands are typically just 110V (although they make it in 240V too) and there is no way I'm buying another $100+ flat iron and bring 2 with me wherever I go.

I have thick but really fine hair. It is naturally straight although it gets wavy if I let it air dry. I have never tried using it with wet hair, but I have used it with damp and dry hair. This product does the job well in straightening my hair and making it look sleek and smooth. I use the lowest setting possible (1-2 for dry hair, 3-4 for damp hair -- note: Remington suggests different settings but I found that these settings work best for me) and I run the iron through my hair 3-4 times to get the results I want. I use the iron maybe 2-3 times a week, always with a heat protectant, and it has not fried my hair.

For $25, this straightener has great value. It would be unfair to compare it to more expensive brands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first flat iron ever! For a $25 straightener, this is actually really good. I highly recommend this flat iron if you don't want to spend a lot of money for a very expensive one. It gets the job done, and heats up quickly. The downfall of this flat iron is that it has indents in it where water escapes if you are straightening with wet hair. Those indents collect up dirt and burnt product really quickly, making a disgusting burning smell when you turn it on. It's also very hard to clean. It also snags on your hair a lot, too, since the plates aren't raised and have those indents. I had this flat iron for a year, and for a low quality flat iron, that's really good!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ledisko17

my mom got me this in 8th grade and i loved it. i had a purple conair one that broke so she replaced it with the remington wet 2 straight 2 inch straightner. its been 3 years and im still using it. UNFORTUNATELY! i always use a heat protective product, however this straightener has damaged my hair sooo much. i get a haircut and the second i need to straighten my hair i get split ends after one use. im not gunna say it left my hair a poofy mess because it didnt... until now its so damaged it doesnt even really straighten without being a tad poofy in the back which annoys me to no end. now i rarely ever straighten my hair and use mousse every other day or 2 to keep the frizz at bay. however my sister got a Le Angelique straightener for christmas. im hearing really good reviews on that so im excited to try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by dmarie21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE! I should have known better when the sales lady at Ulta tried to warn me that someone had just returned one the day before as I was buying it. Given the fact that it was on sale I decided to try it anyone. IT WAS AWFUL! Anyone that thinks this is a good flat iron has never used a quality product before. This thing was worse than my first $15 dollar Conair that I used about 8 years ago!

Needless to say I returned it the next day!

I tried to used it on towel-dried hair and ended up with a big poof of hair. Decided to try it on my blow dried-hair...same results! It didn't glide through my hair at all - almost pulled the entire way.

TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK!!! I do not recommend at all! I am now using the Remington Shine Therapy Conditioning Flat Iron - 10000% better than this thing and only about $20 bucks more :)