NARS Amour

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 9/24/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This blush is super pigmented so a little goes along way. On me it is more of a rosy pink color then a coral, but it is still beautiful. It is definitely much more pigmented then my other nars blush, deep throat. It is a matte blush so it is very forgiving on large pores or any small wrinkles . All over very pleased with this purchase:)

on 9/13/2011 5:14:00 PM

On my top favorite blushes for sure! I love this blush it seems a bit scary at first but on tanned skin its beautiful and looks pretty natural. Mine broke after dropping it.. im still devistaded but i will go out and buy a new one soon.

on 9/6/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm currently an nc42 (nc35-37 during winter) and this blush is the perfect color for my tanned skin. It gives me the kind of glow I would get from a morning run. I was using NARS O as an everyday blush for a while but grew tired of the glittery finish. I also had a hard time getting it to show up decently when I'm tan so I decided to find one that is matte and a bit darker. Some people described this blush as O without the glitter but I would say this is a tad more coral/pink and yes, a bit darker. A little goes a long way and even on my tanned skin, I still have to be careful with application as it's very easy to overdo it. I don't see myself hitting pan anytime soon but this is a definite repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't decide whether I like this or Dolce Vita best. Amour is perfect for every day, every look. It just makes me look...awake. I don't really find it to be a coral color, just a light, bright warm pink. And as with all Nars blushes, it is pigmented and a little tap for each cheek will do. I apply mine with MAC 187, because I'd look like a child who found mom's makeup for the first time if I used a normal blush brush with any of the Nars blushes I own.

on 8/17/2011 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this thing. I just got mine in the mail and have been playing with it for a bit. Thankfully I got a discount on this, because $27 is a tad steep...that said, this blush is SO pigmented it will take me AGES to hit pan. I'm fairly tan and still have to use a light hand else I end up over-applying. Lovely coral color, and definitely could become my HG blush. Just have to be a tad careful with application.

on 8/17/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love this blush. It's probably HG for me. Let me just preface this by saying that my other HG blush at this point is MAC Well Dressed so I don't go for bright blushes. This one looks really bright which is why I avoided it. The only other NARS blush I've owned is Torrid which looked perfect in the store but when I got it home was red. It was also so pigmented that I couldn't get a small enough on my brush to apply evenly. It was just too much work, didn't look all that great, and in the end I returned it.
Back to Amour, this blush had none of the issues Torrid had. I tap my brush2-3x to get the right amount of pigment and it gives me a perfect natural bright pink flush. Oddly enough, it is the same shade (not intensity) I turn when I sunburn (my chest was burned and I put this on my face).
I noticed a lot of fair girls are having trouble with this blush being to potent. I'm pretty darn pale (Clinique and Estee Lauder don't make a foundation light enough to match me) and using a MAC 129 to apply, I have no trouble at all. And I did struggle with Torrid. I do have to say, I did not own the MAC 129 when I had Torrid. I think I used a MAC 168 or equivalent with Torrid, so maybe it's the brush you use. In Sephora when they tried Amour on me, they used a small dome brush, like the MAC 109. I haven't tried applying with a 109 yet. I'll update when I do.

on 8/14/2011 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I like the idea of this color, but the reality is its a little intense for me. I can make it work if I'm VERY lighthanded, but when I'm not careful I've been asked if I have a sunburn :P I probably wouldn't buy it again only because its too easy for me to over-do it...

on 8/14/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

The only blush i own because i find it hard to find a nice blush with my nc45/nc50 skin and this one is pretty good. doesnt have the best staying power, but looks AMAZING if you put it on top of the NARS multiple in palm beach.

on 7/28/2011 6:08:00 AM

I was once completely obsessed with all NARS blushes and then got very sick of all of them. This is the first NARS blush that i have bought in over a year and i couldn't be happier with it. It reminds me of BB Nectar but more peachy and brighter. For my NC-35 skin it gives me the perfect pop of subtle peachy pink glow and I have been getting so many compliments on how I look while wearing it. Been loving it paired with NARS Chihuahua and Mayflower. I swear the combination of amour and mayflower takes 5 years off of me. With Laguna bronzer the look is to die for and so perfect for summer. I love how youthful it makes me look and feel!
The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last very long on. Strange considering how pigmented it is....

on 6/8/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first matte blush. Although I LOVE blushes with shimmer, when I wear shimmery eyeshadow I don't want shimmer overload on my face. Hence, I was in search of a matte blush. I purchased it because I saw a picture of Beyonce wearing Amour and I loved the flush it provided. It is a beautiful peachy pink that blends flawlessly.

Top Rated NARS Products