December 18, 2014 | 1220 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It's probably HG for me. Let me just preface this by saying that my other HG blush at this point is MAC Well Dressed so I don't go for bright blushes. This one looks really bright which is why I avoided it. The only other NARS blush I've owned is Torrid which looked perfect in the store but when I got it home was red. It was also so pigmented that I couldn't get a small enough on my brush to apply evenly. It was just too much work, didn't look all that great, and in the end I returned it.
Back to Amour, this blush had none of the issues Torrid had. I tap my brush2-3x to get the right amount of pigment and it gives me a perfect natural bright pink flush. Oddly enough, it is the same shade (not intensity) I turn when I sunburn (my chest was burned and I put this on my face).
I noticed a lot of fair girls are having trouble with this blush being to potent. I'm pretty darn pale (Clinique and Estee Lauder don't make a foundation light enough to match me) and using a MAC 129 to apply, I have no trouble at all. And I did struggle with Torrid. I do have to say, I did not own the MAC 129 when I had Torrid. I think I used a MAC 168 or equivalent with Torrid, so maybe it's the brush you use. In Sephora when they tried Amour on me, they used a small dome brush, like the MAC 109. I haven't tried applying with a 109 yet. I'll update when I do.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AquaGlitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the idea of this color, but the reality is its a little intense for me. I can make it work if I'm VERY lighthanded, but when I'm not careful I've been asked if I have a sunburn :P I probably wouldn't buy it again only because its too easy for me to over-do it...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only blush i own because i find it hard to find a nice blush with my nc45/nc50 skin and this one is pretty good. doesnt have the best staying power, but looks AMAZING if you put it on top of the NARS multiple in palm beach.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I was once completely obsessed with all NARS blushes and then got very sick of all of them. This is the first NARS blush that i have bought in over a year and i couldn't be happier with it. It reminds me of BB Nectar but more peachy and brighter. For my NC-35 skin it gives me the perfect pop of subtle peachy pink glow and I have been getting so many compliments on how I look while wearing it. Been loving it paired with NARS Chihuahua and Mayflower. I swear the combination of amour and mayflower takes 5 years off of me. With Laguna bronzer the look is to die for and so perfect for summer. I love how youthful it makes me look and feel!
The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last very long on. Strange considering how pigmented it is....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first matte blush. Although I LOVE blushes with shimmer, when I wear shimmery eyeshadow I don't want shimmer overload on my face. Hence, I was in search of a matte blush. I purchased it because I saw a picture of Beyonce wearing Amour and I loved the flush it provided. It is a beautiful peachy pink that blends flawlessly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lycaonvulpes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this blush, it gives my skin such a cute peachy pink glow. The product is super pigmented so only two taps is required to get a natural flush for the cheeks.This product is going to last me a long time. My only complaint is that it can be easy to over do it so a light hand is advised or you are in for a lot of blending.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ishu

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product especially for summers . I personally dont like shimmery look and prefer matte . I am taking one lippie off since i believe its important to blend it very well since its super pigmented

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ndl

it makes me look like i was just about to get a sunburn, but not quite. my skin is on the lighter side, but with this pop of color it looks better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by liveinbeauty

My first NARS Blush lol. I didn't want to go with Orgasm just cause I thought it was way overrated lol. But I'm pretty sure I'll pick one up eventually lol. I'm glad I get a discount on this because I would NEVER purchase this at full price. At least not right now. Anyway, I love the colour pay off for this blush. It gives me a nice blushed cheek that looks natural but can also be buildable. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Next to Deep Throat, Amour is one of my favorite blushes. I like it because it's matte and there are some days when I just don't feel like looking shimmery. Amour is SUPER pigmented--I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk skunk brush and I only need to swipe the pan once or twice to get enough product. That being said, it's very easy to overapply, so I always have to make sure I use a light hand. The color lasts all day on me (from around 7 AM until I remove my makeup around 10 PM). Even though NARS blushes are somewhat expensive, I feel like this pan will last for years since I don't wear it every day. But I would repurchase when/if I ever hit pan on this!
My coloring for reference: Asian NC25-30 with strong yellow/golden undertones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No