Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

4.1

on 5/9/2008 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this product excellent except for making the sensitive eye area dry. It's a very good illuminator and concealer, makes my dark eye area look bright and erases the marks of fatigue. It's not that good at filling the fine lines, however. I look for a concealer which moisturizes better in addition to the good features that concealer has.

on 4/22/2008 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It seems that I'm one of the few this doesn't work for, at all. Paula Begoun frequently praises this product as one of the best illuminators, and that's what I bought it to be. However, the Soft Pink color ended up being too rosy to work as a highlighter. This meant that it could only be used as a moisturizing, slightly glossy, minimum-coverage concealer (not a problem, color-wise, since I'm cool-toned). I should have been able to salvage the pen for at least this one purpose, but the product left my undereye skin sensitive and burning afterwards, so I couldn't wear it beyond that first day. A very disappointing item for me in every way.

on 3/21/2008 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product not as a concealer, but as an illuminator, a product to try to reduce the shadows around my eyes. For that purpose, I am very pleased with it. I use the pink color over my regular concealer. The pink really does take away the shadows around my eyes. The texture is quite thin, but I leave it on for a minute and then blend. As a concealer, I could not use this as it is too thin, but to diffuse the dark shadows, it works beautifully. My MA recommended it instead of Benefit's "Eye Bright" pencil because the texture is more blendable than a pencil product.

on 3/5/2008 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I first got this in highlighter pink, and I hated it: too watery and didnt do anything. THEN, i exchanged it for Medium Dark. It doesnt cover my circles because its a thin concealer but its moisturizing; It doesnt really cake up under my makeup. I wont be purchasing since it doesnt cover I just wanted to try it out.

After using (and generally liking) YSL Touche Eclat, Dior Skinflash, and Guerlain Prescious Light, I wanted to give this one a try to see how it compares - for undereye use only. At $24.50, this is also much cheaper than the three good concealers I mentioned above. MA recommended the color "Light" because the other lightest shade "Soft Pink" did not have any concealing properties (highlighter only). Light seemed too dark, but I couldn't really tell in the store lightning and I purchased it anyway. Well, it turned out too dark and yellow indeed. What a disappointment, because the texture is excellent and very blendable, and I do think this could really work for darker skin tones. Now I'm NC 15 and almost always wear the lightest concealer/foundation shade in any brand. I returned this to EL counter. If you're, say, NC 30 or darker, give this one a try!

on 2/8/2008 12:36:00 PM

I have tried all kinds of high end to low end brands but keep coming back to estee lauder. This is my HG concealer and I will never waste money on anything else.

on 1/30/2008 4:36:00 PM

I bought this by accident. Looking for dermablend, or something to help camouflage my dark circles. Bought this in light pink. Couldn't be happier. Lightens and brightens and really wakes up the face.. Using it for undereyes only, does not cake or settle in lines. It may actually be my first HG product! If you wear it on top of another concealer, it still works, and does not cake. I think I have tried every concealer out there, from the cheapest to most expensive. I would put this at the top of my list.

on 12/11/2007 6:07:00 PM

Luminous!
This is a pretty brilliant concealr/highlighter. The package is beautiful & it's very easy to use. It gives the eye area a great glow & freshness.
It does cover dark areas pretty well, the only downside is that it sometimes has a little tendency to cake up just a little bit so therefore it doesn't get five lippes.
However I love this consealer, it gives me a nice glow & it's cheaper for me than Yves Saint Laurent's touch eclait.

on 11/25/2007 9:47:00 PM

Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-on Illuminator - I have this in 02 Light Medium. Comes in a champagne gold tube with a brush, quite pricey for very little amount of product (2.2ml or 0.07oz). There is shimmer in the liquid so if you don't like shimmer, this is not for you. I bought this for my under-eye circles, it goes on smoothly. After application with its brush, I would blend it in gently with my ring finger and I use a bit of pressed powder to make it look more natural. I'm happy that it does the job of both concealer and highlighter well - when I started wearing it, people actually told me that I'm glowing.

on 10/19/2007 4:50:00 AM

This is a decent concealer/highlighter. I prefer it to YSL touche eclat for undereye, actually. It also works fairly well at covering slight imperfections. However, it doen't seem to last throughout the day and in areas where oil buildup occurs, a chalky film replaces the once concealed area. Also, not good for real blemishes such as pimples.