September 17, 2014 | 940 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first got this in highlighter pink, and I hated it: too watery and didnt do anything. THEN, i exchanged it for Medium Dark. It doesnt cover my circles because its a thin concealer but its moisturizing; It doesnt really cake up under my makeup. I wont be purchasing since it doesnt cover I just wanted to try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

After using (and generally liking) YSL Touche Eclat, Dior Skinflash, and Guerlain Prescious Light, I wanted to give this one a try to see how it compares - for undereye use only. At $24.50, this is also much cheaper than the three good concealers I mentioned above. MA recommended the color "Light" because the other lightest shade "Soft Pink" did not have any concealing properties (highlighter only). Light seemed too dark, but I couldn't really tell in the store lightning and I purchased it anyway. Well, it turned out too dark and yellow indeed. What a disappointment, because the texture is excellent and very blendable, and I do think this could really work for darker skin tones. Now I'm NC 15 and almost always wear the lightest concealer/foundation shade in any brand. I returned this to EL counter. If you're, say, NC 30 or darker, give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by mulan400

I have tried all kinds of high end to low end brands but keep coming back to estee lauder. This is my HG concealer and I will never waste money on anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Cathy717

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this by accident. Looking for dermablend, or something to help camouflage my dark circles. Bought this in light pink. Couldn't be happier. Lightens and brightens and really wakes up the face.. Using it for undereyes only, does not cake or settle in lines. It may actually be my first HG product! If you wear it on top of another concealer, it still works, and does not cake. I think I have tried every concealer out there, from the cheapest to most expensive. I would put this at the top of my list.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by moodygall

Luminous!
This is a pretty brilliant concealr/highlighter. The package is beautiful & it's very easy to use. It gives the eye area a great glow & freshness.
It does cover dark areas pretty well, the only downside is that it sometimes has a little tendency to cake up just a little bit so therefore it doesn't get five lippes.
However I love this consealer, it gives me a nice glow & it's cheaper for me than Yves Saint Laurent's touch eclait.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by eshn

Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-on Illuminator - I have this in 02 Light Medium. Comes in a champagne gold tube with a brush, quite pricey for very little amount of product (2.2ml or 0.07oz). There is shimmer in the liquid so if you don't like shimmer, this is not for you. I bought this for my under-eye circles, it goes on smoothly. After application with its brush, I would blend it in gently with my ring finger and I use a bit of pressed powder to make it look more natural. I'm happy that it does the job of both concealer and highlighter well - when I started wearing it, people actually told me that I'm glowing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by mcr29

This is a decent concealer/highlighter. I prefer it to YSL touche eclat for undereye, actually. It also works fairly well at covering slight imperfections. However, it doen't seem to last throughout the day and in areas where oil buildup occurs, a chalky film replaces the once concealed area. Also, not good for real blemishes such as pimples.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 6:49:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

UPDATE: I've knocked this down several lippies now that I've been using it daily for a while. I've found that this cakes up under my eye in the corners over the day and really emphasizes the fine lines/wrinkles. Since my main use for this is for undereye, this obviously doesn't work for me! Back to YSL I go. It's really too bad, because I prefer the applicator on this product over the YSL. :-(

Decided to give this a try as a possible replacement for YSL Touche Eclat. Firstly, the SA gave me the wrong color - she matched me to #2, and I use YSL #2, which is actually much lighter than EL#2. EL#2 matches my skintone, rather than be a shade or two lighter, which is what I need in a highlighter. Nevertheless, I decided to give the EL#2 a go, and applied this to one side of my face and YSL on the other. Color aside, I was looking for how long it lasts, coverage, and whether the product would end up looking cakey. I'd have to say that EL did a fine job in all respects, being basically equivalent to my YSL.

The EL illuminator is slightly thicker than YSL, and comes in a click pen with a wider brush that feels a bit more gentle on the skin. Although the EL product is thicker, I don't feel that it necessarily provides more coverage - it is still rather sheer, like YSL, and blends just as easily. All in all, I would say this works just as well as YSL, and I'm sure I would be completely convinced if I had a lighter, yellow-based shade (back to the EL counter I go). Although the EL pen is bigger, you do get slightly less product than YSL (.22 vs .25 ml) however, considering that the EL product costs $13 less than YSL, I think I can overlook that! ;-)

A worthy, less-expensive alternative to YSL Touche Eclat, in my opinion. (so far! - if not, I;ll update) Just make sure you get the right color for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by celticrose

Great undereye highlighter. It's not a traditional concealer so it's best to have a separate one if you need to hide really dark circles. Otherwise, it creates a really nice luminosity wherever you need it and illuminated your face. I really like it. I'll be using this until I can get my hands on the YSL Touche Eclat to try it, since I've never tried it before. Highly recommanded.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

yesterday i went in search of the perfect concealer for my undereyes .... i tried this just for fun as ive never really looked at estee. i was surprised by what came out of the click wand. it looked like liquid gold was flowing onto my hand! it was very soft and light and the colour was gorgeous. it had a beautiful subtle gold sheen. but anyway i didnt buy it as i didnt like the SA (good customer service makes the purchase a satisfying one). i couldnt stop thinking of it so today i went back to another Estee branch. the lady was super nice and i happily bought it. i bought 02 light medium which looks very dark but when it goes on its perfect and sheer (i am a NC 30 tanned asian chinese girl). i put it on my eyes and the great texture makes a world of difference. i think it took years off my eyes compared to the crappy dry revlon liquid foundation i had been using. its also light reflective and it gives your face a subtle glow. you can use it on your chin or anywhere else too. a wonderful buy!!! i will try guerlain precious light when i run out of this, cos i hear its better, but as for now im so impressed with this Estee purchase. by the way, this cost me over $40SGD and the guerlain one is hear is double the price. EDIT : This is too white under my eyes ! :P Boo. i really liked it. But i'll still use it as a highlighter.