October 2, 2014 | 1035 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by aleegirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I've started using this product I have noticed a few differences in my face. First, the bottle is only $16 and it's a pretty big size. I've used it for a week everyday sometimes twice a day and the bottle still looks new. I like how it feels when I am washing my face, it has a minty tingling feeling. It cleanses my face from all dirt and left over make-up. (I use face wipes before using this.) Before my face would be oily every morning but after washing my face with this at night I wake up with an oil free face! And I love that. I've also notice that it makes my skin feel softer and some of my acne has cleared up a little bit, but I've been using this with the Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer so that could be why. I would recommend this product and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by elopes83

I was very disappointed in this product - I was looking for something that would clean my face, and it did clean but didn't stop blackheads or whiteheads from showing up. For the price I was expecting it clean my face of makeup and make sure I didn't get blemishes, it really did neither. As much as I like Clinique products I will not buy a product that costs $20 CND just for the label, when it's no different then a cheap over the counter face wash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is probably not oily enough to be in the exact target demographic for this product, but I do break out and I used a sample over the course of a week or two. It does leave skin squeaky clean and didn't break me out by over-drying. However, it must have menthol or something like that because if it got anywhere near my eyes I could feel fumes that made them, well not really sting or burn, but feel mildly uncomfortable. (That's why I could only give it a 3 lippies.) Since I travel a lot and want to carry a single cleanser that can be used all over my face, including my eyes to remove mascara, etc. this is just too irritating. It does leave your face tingly fresh, but it's just a bit too much for my eyes. My sample was in tube packaging which is great for the shower. Looking at the retail price for the full size bottle, it's a bit much for a cleanser, but it's a nice gel, so maybe worth it for some.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by iloveskincaresososomuch

Very gentle on my combo/oily skin, which is good 'cause if a cleanser is too drying my skin goes into an oil frenzy, leaves a bit of a matte finish after washing, but I was using the #4 toner which made it shiny :/ but overall it's an amazing cleanser, gels are great because they give the gentlest clean.
l had to switch though, 'cause l used this product for over a year and my skin was getting used to the ingredients, so of course it wouldn't clean as deep and I was breaking out. Now I'm using some random neutrogena wash, which is keeping acne at bay but it dries out my skin a little. I'm switching to laneige soon, the cleanser and pore minimiser have shipped in (I ordered from ebay) but I'm still waiting for the toner and moisturizer (I'm also questioning on whether I should get the balancing emulsion)
all in all (sorta got off topic ahaahah) this is a great cleanser :) I think it would even work on dry/normal skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by shenyi0415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, I acknowledge it is mild and after wash my face doesn't feel tight and dry. But it is not magic and special. Generally, it is a good cleanser, but the price I think is a little high. There are many other products can substitute it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by PeepBunnies

Love this sooo much. It makes my skin squeaky clean, but it's also gentle (I have a lot of redness in my face). I love the fact that my skin doesn't feel overly dry after I use this. A lot of oily skin products will just dry your skin out and that's counter productive because then your skin will over compensate and produce even MORE oil. I use this with the clarifying toner as well (#3, the pink one) and my skin is super soft. If you're finding that your skin is still oily after using it, you might need to use the #4 formulas for oily skin and not the #3 for combination skin. OR you're having the issue of this drying out your skin and then the natural oils of your skin are trying to overcompensate. Use the moisturizing gel that goes with this 3 step system.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Annalyt

This works well with the clinique mosturising gel! My face definitely looks less oily during the day when I use both these products! I skipped the clinique toner though, felt like it made my face too dry so I use a Dior toner.

This feels fresh on the skin, a little tingly but refreshing. I will definitely buy this again and use in combination with the moisturing gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by stl

I like this cleanser, it is gentle, yet it cleanses my skin well. My skin feel cleaned and fresh. The price is good too, and you just need a tiny bump of it, so the bottle will last a while. I use it together with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer gel.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to like this product. but it was horrible. at first when i used it, i noticed it made my skin VERY oily... and i thought maybe it was because my skin was getting used to a new product. used it for a couple of weeks until the one night i went out to a club and took a look at my makeup and it was HORRIBLE! my makeup was literally MELTING off my skin.. and this was in november!!!!!!!! and i barely danced. it was all the oil from my skin. i knew it wasnt any of my other products because ive used them before and they never did this.. it was this soap. this is the WORST PRODUCT i have ever used...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful for removing my Revlon Colorstay liq fndt! (The comb/oily fndt.) All it takes if part of a pump, and it comes off stat!! And not a trace of mu left!! It does not dry out my comb/oily skin at all or irritate it. Just soft supple clean skin.

As for the scent, I am one to get migraines or just plain annoyed with scents, so I would have noticed. The previous reviewer must have got a bad batch or something. Weird. I have never experienced anything like that with this mu remover over the past 10+ years of using it. Sames goes for the stripped skin comment. (I would never use a comb/oily skin formula if I had dry skin!!)

Overall, I love this product. Def a staple of mine. Love the packaging. And as for the price, a little goes a long way for me, so I can live with it. Highly recommend!!!