Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

3.5

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, lauramidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarconisate, tea-cocoyl glutamate, di-PPG-2 myreth-10 adipate, aloe barbadenis leaf juice, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, sucrose, sodium hyaluronate, cetyl triethylmonium dimethicone PEG-8 succinate, tocopheryl ethyl suddionate ethyldimonium ethosulfate, butylene glycol, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, polyquaternium-7, laureth-2, caprilyl glycol, sodium sulfate, EDTA, disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol

on 7/28/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It took a sample from Sephora (First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser) to show me just how drying this Clinique cleanser is for my severely combo / sensitive skin. I suppose after using it for the last several years I just assumed clean meant tight and very dry (flakey). I liked how it removed makeup and did not cause me any real skin issues (other than dryness). I tried the extra mild version, but didn't like it (didn't clean well enough for me and left a filmy-feeling). I have been currently using and appreciating First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser and/or Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser--these thoroughly cleanse my skin yet don't leave it greasy, tight, and flakey.

on 7/16/2013 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I often find it difficult to find skin care products that I really love. I've been using Clinique's moisturizing gel for YEARS and so I after changing cleansers every month I decided to give this one a whirl. I have pretty normal skin, no breakouts, occasional dryness or slight oily-ness depending on the weather.(but mostly just normal) I do not have problems with sensitive skin. This cleanser makes my skin smooth and clean feeling, and I love that it doesn't contain menthol ( I feel cheated when products add this ingredient as it creates the "false clean" feeling). This cleanser does not dry out my skin either like some gel cleansers. I love it! Mild, clean smell, does the job. Worth the price. I use this cleanser day and night as my usual cleanser and have had excellent results.

on 7/13/2013 1:20:00 AM

The face was nice. I don't like the high end price for it,but it did clean well. My husband loves it too. I think it's very gentle and leaves my skin soft. But I think I can find a better wash for a better price.

on 7/1/2013 3:48:00 PM

This is my favourite facial cleanser. I use it on combination with CL #2 and DDML (and now DDML+).
Because it has sulfates in it you don't need much for it to lather, one full pump is too much for me so it does last a long time! Price is reasonable, Most drugstore cleansers reaching $10 I have no problem shelling out $16.50 for a face wash that works well with my skin and takes a long time to use up.

I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry cheeks) that's very sensitive and eczema-prone (not on my face though), with occasional breakouts. I've been using this cleanser for over 5 years now, and it does a good job at making my skin feel clean without drying it out. I use a scrublet to cleanse, a little goes a long way because it lathers nicely! I use it 2-3 times a day and a bottle lasts 9+ months for me on average. The scent is tolerable.

Is it HG? That I'm not sure of, I want to try other cleansers and see if they improve my skin better than this because this product doesn't do much else for me. I feel like there's something better out there. But in the meantime I'll continue to repurchase.

UPDATE 12/14/2014: Have used First Aid Beauty's Face Cleanser for over a year now and love it. It removes makeup pretty well without drying out my skin. I realized that the Clinique did cause dryness from time to time and decided that I needed to switch to something else. Highly recommend the FAB for those with sensitive skin!

on 6/20/2013 11:20:00 PM

I got a pretty large bottle of this as a GWP a while ago and finally got around to trying it. I've had good luck with some Clinique products in the past, but I really did not like this cleanser.
The packaging is nice -- I like that you can see how much product is left in the bottle and the pump distributes just the right amount of product. However, I'm not a fan of the product itself.
First of all, this has a weird, waxy smell. Maybe I got a bad bottle or something because I haven't seen too many others mention this, but it just smells off to me. The cleanser seems like it has a nice consistency, but when I'm rubbing it onto my face it feels a little slimy and filmy. And whenever I use this, just seconds after I start applying it to my face, my face starts to burn and itch a little. It's nothing crazy or super painful, but I feel like it immediately starts tightening and drying my skin. I have combination skin, but even my oily spots start to burn a little until I rinse. Once I rinse my face, the feeling goes away, and my skin does feel very clean and not too dry after I use this, but for whatever reason my face doesn't like the product while it's actually right on the skin. I definitely would not recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin, even though this claims to be a mild cleanser.
Overall, one point for the packaging and one for the fact that it does cleanse my skin well enough, although I haven't seen any real benefits from this. I've used better drugstore cleansers than this one, so I definitely won't buy a full size of this.

on 5/6/2013 9:37:00 AM

Really like this cleanser
Can't compere it to much as its the only one i've ever used
But it does a great job a good job at cleaning my skin well
Packaging is great-pump disperses just the right amount
I follow this with their clarifying lotion and moisturiser which is a great combination

on 4/30/2013 10:45:00 AM

I really like this product.
It doesn't upset my skin and it gets it really clean.
The minus is that it dries out my skin, so it would not be a good winter product for me. But for spring/summer it's a must have.

on 4/17/2013 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Shame about the lukewarm ratings on this! It is a great cleanser, if you know what to expect. No cleanser will remove all makeup without drying. This is a good compromise. I use it with a Salux cloth and it works well. Very economical if you just use one small pump. I get a year's use out of the small bottle.

on 4/11/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Face is clean. But sooo dry! Probably better for oily types...face never feels this tight and dry. I usually use KissMyFace olive oil soap.