April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by manini3

This might be my favorite skin care product of all time. This cleanser has kept my skin zit-free for 5 years. It is gentle, and has never dried my skin out, even as my skin ages. It says on the package that it doesn't remove makeup, but after I wash with this, there is never a trace of makeup on me.

About a year ago I started using this in conjunction with the Clarisonic Mia. That is the true power couple - it has worked wonders on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

Clinique has included the Mild Facial Soap in their GWPs, which is how I came to try this cleanser out. After using the trial size which is quite generous, I purchased the full size product.

Mild Facial Soap lathers well but it is very gentle and does not strip the skin. It is not enough to remove heavy duty makeup, but light makeup is no problem for full removal with this cleanser. There is a slight scent which is clean and not bothersome. Overall, a good cleansing product at a decent price - I think this goes for $21 dollars Canadian or so.

Would I purchase again? Yes, but I do like to try new products, so perhaps I will not repurchase for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have used this product for the past 5 years and it is great for my sensitive post-pill acne prone skin.

PROS: The texture is great and it's fragrance free. Does not break me out and it leaves my face feeling very cleansed and it is one cleanser that takes off nearly all the makeup. At $29 AUD per bottle, it is a lot cheaper than my previous cleanser, Shiseido's Purifying Cleansing Foam.

CON: The only con is that it can be a bit drying for a mild formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by pkha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this cleanser. It was light and lathered fairly well. I thought that it really cleared up my acne. Scent: light, almost floral scent. The consistency was very watery and runny, and I didn't like that as much; I prefer thicker soaps. But a little goes a long way with this one. I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product and have used it off and on for years. I started by using the bar soap but tried this and much preferred it. My only gripe is the price. It is just not worth the money when there are loads of simple, unfragranced products out there that do the same job. Cetaphil is just as good if not better as is Freederm. If you can afford this and love it, go ahead, but I have stopped buying it and now use aqueous cream (pennies in the chemist) instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For some reason, my skin loves Clinique products especially cleansers and foundation. I love this soap. It does a great job of cleansing and my skin looks better and better. I would recommend this product to those with dry and or combo/dry skin. Out of all the cleansers I've used including Philosophy, Dermalogica, Bliss, etc and d/s products as well, this is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard good things about clinique and wanted to try it for myself. Unfortunately the face wash causes me to break out in a rash. At the clinique counter in the middle of my local mall I was talking to the SA and she kept pushing me to get the acne face wash. I use an effective topical prescription cream for acne and it has worked well for the last 6 yrs so I see no need to get an acne wash. Anyway, Nordstrom was having a sale where if you spent $25 you received $75 worth of Clinique product. I purchased this mild wash and the moisture enhance.
I am a few days away from graduation and an very frustrated at myself for deviating from a skin care system that works for me. Some people have told me it takes a full month of usage for my skin to adapt, but I really don't think I want to go another 3 weeks using this stuff as I am fairly certain it will continue to agitate my skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by trishapats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow so many bad reviews! Personally i love this stuff. A lot of face washes leave my face dry, irritated, bumpy and all in all not what i want! this stuff leaves my whole face v. smooth and nice :) It also mattifys my t zone, which no other product has managed to do without drying my cheeks. all in all ive seen a massive improvement to my skin using this.

Also i know that there are a lot of bad reviews but honestly i would go out and by the sample 3 step programme(so if it doesnt work your not put out too much) Thats what i did, and although i found the toner too harsh and thought the moisturiser was just okay, i love this soap. Cliniques products really are hit and miss, but if you hit your skin will improve dramatically like mine has with this soap.. just my opinion :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

The Liquid Facial Soap Mild performs well as a cleanser. It cleanses without stripping my skin of moisture unlike other foaming cleansers on the market. It is a good basic cleanser to have. However, I notice that the packaging is highly defective as I had experienced faulty pumps on 2 separate occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

This was an okay cleanser. It's just a basic liquid soap, which is kinda over priced. It did clean pretty good - I use it with my play pro-x brush and it has a nice lather to it. I change facial cleansers all the time, so I won't be repurchasing. Like I said - it was just 'okay'.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No