August 1, 2014 | 1326 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dune EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by meropale

This is a very mature, sexy and exotic scent. I can detect hints of vanilla and some sort of liquor.(Bourbon maybe)
I find this a little too heavy for me to use as a everyday scent.. dosen't go well with my wardrobe I guess. (I'm 20 but I still dress like a highschooler) This is probably more suitable for evening wear. Though this is a great Dior fragrance, I probably wouldn't buy this again. Like I mentioned before, too mature for me. I'd probably get j'adore (or Addict)though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I have Viv Westwood's Boudoir on one hand and smelling Dune on the other. I think these scents are related but if you have a hard time with the muskiness notes of Boudoir, you may really like Dune. I certainly fall into this category. I do find it best in the summer.....it smells like a breezy day to me. Also smells like Campari tastes but without any bitterness--sort of like Captain Morgan's spiced rum tastes in a favorite drink of mine, Dark and Stormy (capn morgan's and blenheim's spicy gingerale). It has its own effervescence which is the refreshing summery part--I believe this is the powdery base in the scent--and yet it's not cloying in the least. EDT has excellent lasting power, and the parfum even more so. Parfum is definitely less jovial, I actually prefer edt. Save the bucks and spring for edt, parfum lasts about as long.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

I think Dune is amazing! As someone else mentioned, it is described as a 'beachy' fragrance - however to me, it's beachy in terms of sand dunes and windy, salty beach air. Dune really has the ability to take you away to another time and place with this fragrance. The scent is quite hard to describe...it's vastly different from any other fragrance that I've ever come across and to me, is quite magical. If you like light fruity fragrances, then you probably won't like Dune. If you like florals you probably won't like Dune either. If you like something unique and a bit left of centre, this is definitely worth a try....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2007 12:47:00 PM More reviews by francoiseb

I never actually bought Dune but got to try it on as I had a free sample and I hate it! It's too strong and overpowering for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by carolngl

Of all the fragrances in my collection (and there are many), Dune stands out as being the love of my life to date. I discovered this perfume in a beach house on Martha's Vineyard, sitting on a rattan couch, reading a fashion magazine. I was sixteen. The smell: spicy, sweet, salty, amazing, from the glossy pages made me twitchy it was so good. It is still the only perfume I have ever had that sort of immediate reaction to. I bought it as soon as I was off that island and back at home and my love affair with it continued for five years. It is the only fragrance I have ever owned multiple bottles of and though time has passed and there have been years when I have reached for it not at all, this is still the only perfume that reminds me of myself and my life. It is memory, not perfumed water, in a bottle for me and it is perhaps because it is so poignant that I had to step away from it. It certainly takes me back to all of my firsts, however good or bad, and in particular to that lazy, salty summer on Martha's Vineyard.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by celtic_chick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dune is one of the few perfumes where I have owned multiple bottles. I tend to be very fickle, wearing perfumes that suit my differing moods, but Dune lasts the test of time. I never realized it was originally marketed as a "beachy" scent, for on me there are no marine notes whatsoever. It is a dry, woodsy musk with just a hint of floral. It is a very warm scent, and I do associate it with sand dunes and sunshine. That said, it's a very strong scent and suited perfectly for the milder seasons of Spring and Autumn. As far as it being "old ladyish", I suppose that is a matter of perspective; I was a young woman when I first discovered it, and it was one of my first "grown up" perfumes. So I suppose instead of "old lady" is could be described as "mature". lol!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2007 9:36:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A wonderful, spicy yet fresh scent. Can be used day or night. Even though it's a couple of years old the fragrance is still modern and timeless. Elegant and feminine, exciting and warm. I like it and have just ordered it from my mom to buy it on the airport when she's going on vacation.

UPDATED: The fragrance doesnt smell nice on me at all! It almost smells like a menīs cologne. But on other people it still smells nice though. It took of 2 lippies for this. Will not buy again and the old bottle, I sold it on Ebay.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by voodoo_cat07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap. Before I found Annick Goutal, this was one of my favourite perfumes because of how exotic, special and sexy it smelled on me. True, the first spritz of this perfume was not exactly alluring because it is such a strong scent - even bordering on giving me a slight headache - but I was willing to tolerate that for the lovely smell it gave me after a few hours when the perfume still lingered. This has warm tones in it, and is slightly musky and strong at the same time. It reminds me somewhat of an exotic incense, and could possibly pass off as men's cologne too. Definitely not a perfume for those who prefer light scents, but if you are in love with stronger scents you should try this. Personally for me, I've found perfumes that I love better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by blubellcows

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh. This is THE worst perfume I've ever bought! Thankfully, it was only a small .19 ml bottle, but a waste of money nonetheless. I put some on my wrist one day, and proceeded through my day. Then, I kept on catching whiffs of what smelled like rotted leaves and mothballs. At first, I thought it was my shirt, that I hadn't washed it properly or something. Then, I sniffed my wrist, and realized that it was Dune. Well, I ran to the bathroom, and washed it off. Christian Dior, I thought I'd love Dune, but apparently not. Personally, I think that it smells rather like Chanel's Chance, which I didn't like, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Rubberducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow this was my first "expensive" perfume , which i purchased about 10 years ago. I paid about $340 TT dollors equals to about 60 US dollars.Anyways i was not impressed with my purchase....Dune smelled musky and heavy on me. Serious old lady vibes.