September 22, 2014 | 2019 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

Good quality product. sits well. easy to carry. lasts a long long time

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by myparis

I absolutely love this product. It has a velvet-like finish and blends in with my skin perfectly; you can't even tell that there is something applied on my face.
I have been a powder user for a long time and am very particular about textures. Double Perfection is light, which I prefer. If you just swatch it on your hand or lower part of your cheek, it becomes one with your complexion instantly. Pretty unbelievable for a powder!
I, actually, love the size and shape of this compact (it's bigger than your usual powder compact). The morror is slightly rounded on top and bottom and you can see your whole face in it, which is great for touch-ups.

Many reviewers mention that this powder is on the more expensive side. Well, if you're used to using drugstore brands, it might be a good time to graduate to better quality products, which, indeed, cost more. Double Perfection is worth it.
Go to a CHANEL counter and ask a specialist to try different shades on you. Also, swatch a good amount on your hand to feel the texture. I'm pretty confident you'll like it.

I have a slightly oily T-zone and normal cheeks; this product works great on my type of skin. If your skin is dry, you might want to try Vitalumiere, Mat Lumiere or LIft Lumiere (depending on your age group) by CHANEL.

Good luck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Makeupper8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, I have oily skin, so keeping it matte is always the object of the game! I worked out once and I noticed my skin was still matte! Love this sooo much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I started using this powder, I believe, I was 17. It wasn't the cheapest, but it's been my most favorite ever since. I've used other powders that are half this price, with more coverage, but I don't know, I just love the finish on this one. I wear Suede and my skin is NC35 and it applies beautifully. Also, this powder is about the only one that doesn't clog my pores. It's awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this for awhile and really really liked it. It gives a nice coverage for a powder foundation and did a good job of mattifying my sometimes oily complexion. My skin is less oily now and I've found that Chantecaille's tinted moisturizer gives me a more natural look for everyday, but I would repurchase this if I felt the need to have a powder foundation because it really does cover without looking cakey. It is expensive at $50 but I think it lasted me like 4+ months wearing it every day and then often reapplying to go out at night. The package is slightly annoying because I never really used the sponge it came with yet the sponge made the package kind of large for taking in a purse etc. Overall a very good quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this powder is expensive... but it is worth every dime!

I have been wanting to try this powder foundation for a long time. Since I don't have a Chanel counter anywhere near me I waited until my annual shopping trip in TN. I wanted to make sure I got the right shade.
I was matched to 70 - Tender Bisque.

I can't believe the coverage that this gives! I use MAC Studio Finish concealer on my pimples and then this powder over my face and my skin looks amazing! Also, this powder lasts all day. I do have to touch up my nose after about 8 hours-ish to reduce shine but other than that this is amazing!

I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like this powder, however I think I like my maybelline Dream matte powder a little bit better. Its a great finely milled powder that doesn't look cakey, its just not the cheapest. So if your looking for a great powder that wont look powdery and don't care how much it cost, then give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pixietrixie

This is a great powder, but totally not worth the $50.00 imo. It promises to even out skin tone, but it does not, nor does it last for hours. So if you're looking for something that will last pretty much all day with little or no touchups, then skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by BigPrimpin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The color selection is too limited. When I use self tanner, which is rare, Light Beige is a good match. The rest of the time, not a single shade comes close to matching my complexion. This covers so nicely and has never caused me to break out. It seems to wear all day and makes my skin look velvety. Maybe it's a good thing that I can't find the right color match...it is pricey for an everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I love, love, love this! Definitely my HG. Recently I have been on a foundation hunt, trying everything from YSL, to Givenchy, to Guerlain, to Lancombe and even Estee Lauder. They were all liquid foundations that had very high reviews; however, I did not like any of them. I finally gave up on the liquids and tried the powders. I have fallen in love with this foundation! It is so soft and sheer and lightweight! I can't feel it at all, and it seems to be helping with my very oily skin. Thank you Chanel for making a wonderful foundation!