April 19, 2014 | 916 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahq1

I almost always break out with anything that has SPF in it. This is the only product, other than the La Roche Possay Fluid Extreme that contains SPF 50, that does not break me out or irritate my acne-prone skin. It's not greasy, does not leave any white cast on the skin and hydrates skin. I wear it under my makeup and it works very well that way too. I love that it's a pump bottle. Using on just-cleansed skin is a must. I feel it has irritated my skin when I have not applied it that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Kelybe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had terrible bouts of rosacea over the past ten years, and today when I saw my dermatologist we were celebrating the fact that it is under control for the first time in ages. I told her I was using this moisturizer every morning and she admitted she uses it as well and loves it. Not only does it not irritate my skin, but it keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day, doesn't block pores, and doesn't feel or look greasy, which is one thing I hate with many moisturizers. It's cheap to purchase at Target, so I don't feel guilty slathering it on my face, neck and hands in the morning. I'll definitely keep using!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by pamelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't had acne in at least 5 years, but after switching birth control a few months ago I've had an awful break-out all over my face. I decided that along with switching up my face washing routine I would get a new moisturizer to help clear out my face. Unfortunately I've been using this for a week and instead of getting one or two new pimples a day, I'm getting 6 or 7 large, painful ones. I'm not sure if my hormones are just still going crazy, but the only thing that changed between a week ago and today was that moisturizer. Even if it isn't causing the excess acne, it is making my face much more oily than it was before, causing my make-up to come off much earlier in the day.

All in all, it may work for some people with red, sensitive skin but if you are already experiencing a bad break-out I would avoid purchasing this. I would say try it out and see if it works for you, but it was so expensive for a drug store product that I don't think it's worth the risk. I certainly wont be using it again, now that my entire face is broken out in large, painful pimples :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by rrowlan6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I got on here, I was honestly surprised to see so many negative reviews!! I have used this moisturizer twice daily for 2 years now and I wouldn't dream of using anything else on my face!! I've noticed an actual improvement in my skin's elasticity and plumpness (if that makes any sense) and redness is no longer an issue. This product has helped my skin enormously. On top of that, it has spf of 15! Combined with my garnier BB cream with spf 15 I have a ton of sun protection. The only 2 downsides for me is that it's pretty expensive for a drugstore moisturizer. It's around $17.00 where I live and It lasts me about 3 months. The smell doesn't bother me.. The packaging is alright. I find it very convenient until I start to run low... But usually i'll just cut the bottle in half and store it in a ziplock bag to lock in moisture until I can run to the store to get another bottle. Not a big deal for me! Great product :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this product several months ago and I am only now getting around to reviewing it. I bought this to combat my very red and dry skin. This product only succeeded in making me break out. It did not help calm my redness. In fact, it made the redness worse. I remember that it notoriously caused painful new white heads where ever I applied it. I actually feared using it at one point, but always went back to it because it was Aveeno and Aveeno always works. Ladies, just accept it: this product is horrible.

Price: $20 at my local Wal-Mart.
Packaging: Messy. Pump is cheap and swiftly becomes smeared with product.
Exorbitancy: Very good. Smooth over skin and it immediately sinks in.
Calming: Non-existent. Actually irritated my skin more.
Blemishes: Causes additional blemishes but does reduce the appearance of existing blemishes.
Smell: Really good. Main reason I wanted to continue using this product.
Effectiveness: Very slow if at all.
Repurchase: No.
Recommend: I recommend that everyone stay away from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lyshernan28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know I can't really review on the product since I've only used it for the past two days but I do want to say that it moisturizes my skin beautifully, it's kind of a thick texture but does not feel heavy. It almost feels as if I didn't put anything on my face and it even looks like it. Does not make my face shiny one bit which I like. The perfume smell I actually love, but if you don't like any type of strong smell in your moisturizer this is not for you. Took one lippie off for the reason being that it's $15. But as long as it works fine for me and gives my skin what I need then I'm all up for it. I'll do an update after a month of using.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by vedo4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this product but i absolutely HATED it!!! i decided to use this product everyday for 2 weeks straight before i passed judgement. not only was my face really oily with this product, but it gave me more breakouts that i have had in a while. i naturally have oily, acne prone skin to begin with so this product was NOT a good fit for me. The one good thing about it was that it did calm the redness down a little bit but that isn't worth all the new breakouts that accompany it. the fragrance is also overpowering at first but you get use to it after a while. I wouldn't buy this product again because it didnt work for me and it was a waste of money as it was also expensive. from now on, im sticking to my neutrogena healthy defense moisturizer with spf 50 (it gives much better protection and isn't as oily and i most certainly didnt breakout with it!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is pretty good, I just prefer the night cream version because the moisturizer is in a tub instead of a pump bottle. I like how easily it soaks in, but then it feels like sunscreen instead of a moisturizer with SPF. Throughout the day, it also gets greasy later on in the day. Like not right after you wash your face and put it on, but like a few hours later it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Nionbrack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this everyday for quite a few months now. I love how it doesn't hurt sensitive skin and really calms it when irritated. I also love how it has SPF and doesn't break me out. Although at first it feels slightly heavy and looks very greasy, it absorbs into the skin within a few minutes. The pump is good for hygiene. There are better moisturizers but this is a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, not the greatest moisturizer in the world, but I'm so glad I found a product with SPF that doesn't break me out. I think in the summer it will be great for my oily combination skin. I will keep using...and repurchase