November 29, 2014 | 1026 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

This turned me into a greasy mess, which is weird because most of the time chemical sunscreens usually go on pretty elegant. Not this baby. The smell is ok, it fades. The bottle is great with its neutral colors and pump top. Does nothing-zip-nada to calm down redness. Next please!

Made in Canada
Tests on animals
Owned by big Corp-Johnson & Johnson

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Foakley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only moisturizer that I have ever liked well enough to use regularly and stick with faithfully.
My dermatologist advised this for my 63 yr. old, mild rosacea skin. I use it after cleansing with Clarisonic and Neutrogena and before applying Finacea.
To me, it has no smell. It is very light and not much is required to do the job. Does not clog my pores or cause breakouts, does keep my skin perfectly hydrated, even though I use the azaelic acid (Finacea).
I can actually afford almost anything I want for my skin, but I am absolutely in love with this ridiculously inexpensive, so easily available drugstore brand. Yippee!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I bought this moisturizer a few months ago and stopped using it because I wasn't crazy about it. I thought it was very heavy and was making me breakout, like many of the reviews on here.

I came back to this moisturizer after my skin was severely dry and redden from a very abrasive facial and a slew of very harsh anti-acne products. My face was irritated and flaky; I was desperate for anything to help calm my skin. So after raiding my beauty stash, I decided to give this another shot.I may have been using too much before; all you need is a small amount of this product because a little goes a long way to moisturize and calm. After using this in the morning for a few days, my skin was calmed and moisturized. I've been using about a pea sized amount in the morning during this outrageously hot and humid summer in the midwest & haven't found it to be too heavy. A few weeks ago, I had a sun-screen slip up and after a sun burn left me red and flaky - this did a fantastic job of calming my skin.

For those who are griping about the smell - it's not chemically at all. I'm not sure what is going on with your noses; this moisturizer has a very floral-y herbal smell, which I find to be pretty soothing and calming on its own. It's a little pricey in terms of a drug store moisturizer, but if you are looking for a good moisturizer to calm irritated skin it is definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by andreaalltheway

I have sensitive and combination skin. I bought this product because I had hopes that it would decrease red patches in my skin from sensitivity reactions. As soon as I put the product on my face, I noticed the putrid smell. The smell of the lotion is extremely strong... it smells like chemicals! I don't know why a "gentle" moisturizer would have ingredients in it that would make it smell like chemicals, but that's how it is. The moisturizer itself was not that bad; I didn't notice anything significantly good about it but there was nothing significantly bad. However, I could not get over the smell; it burned my eyes and gave me a headache whenever I wore it. I didn't want to put something on my skin that had such a strong smell any more since who knows what harmful products could have gone into the production of it? So I stopped using this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I went through two bottles of this and am on the fence about it.

We can't get it here in the UK, so I had to order it from the US but thought it'd be worth it if it can help with my redness. It is rather expensive though, even before shipping, esp. for a drugstore brand!

First bottle I went through, I really do believe my skin got better and less inflamed (not sure if it's rosacea what I've got, but sure looks like it!). However it has ALWAYS irritated my eyes, so I had to really carefully avoid that area, and now that I've finished the second bottle, I feel it's done nothing for me. Has my skin got used to it, or was there something else before that improved it - not sure.

Either way I like the feel of it, nicely moisturising, and I like the smell as well - although my bf says I smell like the dentist when I have it on... But I feel like for the price, since it's not imrpoving my skin (anymore?), it's not worth repurchasing.

PS: ALSO, the pump on both bottles stopped working when I still had about a quarter of the product in, so I had to transfer it to a different container. Rather annoying, as I liked the packaging otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahq1

I almost always break out with anything that has SPF in it. This is the only product, other than the La Roche Possay Fluid Extreme that contains SPF 50, that does not break me out or irritate my acne-prone skin. It's not greasy, does not leave any white cast on the skin and hydrates skin. I wear it under my makeup and it works very well that way too. I love that it's a pump bottle. Using on just-cleansed skin is a must. I feel it has irritated my skin when I have not applied it that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Kelybe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had terrible bouts of rosacea over the past ten years, and today when I saw my dermatologist we were celebrating the fact that it is under control for the first time in ages. I told her I was using this moisturizer every morning and she admitted she uses it as well and loves it. Not only does it not irritate my skin, but it keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day, doesn't block pores, and doesn't feel or look greasy, which is one thing I hate with many moisturizers. It's cheap to purchase at Target, so I don't feel guilty slathering it on my face, neck and hands in the morning. I'll definitely keep using!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by pamelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't had acne in at least 5 years, but after switching birth control a few months ago I've had an awful break-out all over my face. I decided that along with switching up my face washing routine I would get a new moisturizer to help clear out my face. Unfortunately I've been using this for a week and instead of getting one or two new pimples a day, I'm getting 6 or 7 large, painful ones. I'm not sure if my hormones are just still going crazy, but the only thing that changed between a week ago and today was that moisturizer. Even if it isn't causing the excess acne, it is making my face much more oily than it was before, causing my make-up to come off much earlier in the day.

All in all, it may work for some people with red, sensitive skin but if you are already experiencing a bad break-out I would avoid purchasing this. I would say try it out and see if it works for you, but it was so expensive for a drug store product that I don't think it's worth the risk. I certainly wont be using it again, now that my entire face is broken out in large, painful pimples :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by rrowlan6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I got on here, I was honestly surprised to see so many negative reviews!! I have used this moisturizer twice daily for 2 years now and I wouldn't dream of using anything else on my face!! I've noticed an actual improvement in my skin's elasticity and plumpness (if that makes any sense) and redness is no longer an issue. This product has helped my skin enormously. On top of that, it has spf of 15! Combined with my garnier BB cream with spf 15 I have a ton of sun protection. The only 2 downsides for me is that it's pretty expensive for a drugstore moisturizer. It's around $17.00 where I live and It lasts me about 3 months. The smell doesn't bother me.. The packaging is alright. I find it very convenient until I start to run low... But usually i'll just cut the bottle in half and store it in a ziplock bag to lock in moisture until I can run to the store to get another bottle. Not a big deal for me! Great product :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this product several months ago and I am only now getting around to reviewing it. I bought this to combat my very red and dry skin. This product only succeeded in making me break out. It did not help calm my redness. In fact, it made the redness worse. I remember that it notoriously caused painful new white heads where ever I applied it. I actually feared using it at one point, but always went back to it because it was Aveeno and Aveeno always works. Ladies, just accept it: this product is horrible.

Price: $20 at my local Wal-Mart.
Packaging: Messy. Pump is cheap and swiftly becomes smeared with product.
Exorbitancy: Very good. Smooth over skin and it immediately sinks in.
Calming: Non-existent. Actually irritated my skin more.
Blemishes: Causes additional blemishes but does reduce the appearance of existing blemishes.
Smell: Really good. Main reason I wanted to continue using this product.
Effectiveness: Very slow if at all.
Repurchase: No.
Recommend: I recommend that everyone stay away from this product.