LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 3/22/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a very thick cream meant for your cuticles, but you can also use it anywhere on your body where you have very dry skin -like your elbows, knees, heel of your feet, etc.

This definitely is a great moisturizer, but I took off one lipstick because the smell wasn't very pleasant. It smells like artificial lemons and the smell is too strong.

on 3/11/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product though a bit pricey for about $15. It lasts such a long time and you might want to share it with someone to use before the expiration date. I love the smell. It smells so bright and citrusy (more like lemons) but is really strong. The product itself can be a bit greasy but it will sink in eventually. I noticed that my cuticles have gotten softer. Great product.

on 3/8/2013 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! although it is pricey in Australia (15.00 AUD) the container seems endless! super creamy and thick, and it smells oh so good! instantly hydrates my cuticles, but take a bit of time for them to soak in :) highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love that this product not only makes my cuticle nice and healthy; it also helps moisturize my elbow, knees and heels. Apply before I go to sleep and wake up with smooth heels.
It is nice that you get a lot of use from one product and a little goes a long way

on 2/16/2013 1:43:00 AM

I'm a girl who changes her nail polish color quite frequently, around 2 times a week at most, and the acetone is destroying my skin. I put off on buying this product for a few months because the price made me hesitant. Though, I eventually broke down and I am glad I did! Firstly, I love the black lush tubs (for some products anyway). Secondly, the amount of product in the tub will last for the longest time as a little goes a long way, making it way worth the $16-17. Next, I love citrusy scents so the lemon is appealing to me, but not overly strong like wood cleaner as I have read some reviews state. Lastly, the product is incredibly moisturizing and sinks into the skin nicely. I love that it is not greasy, because I'm on the computer a lot and I hate having greasy keys. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry cuticles or elbows as it does an amazing job. Well worth it in my opinion!

on 1/27/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I first tried this some years ago, before they changed the formula to omit the palm oil, and I didn't like it then. I can't remember what I disliked about it, I do seem to recall that I didn't like the smell then (the lemon was just too sharp), but whatever it was about it, I didn't use up the tub I bought then and didn't buy it again for years.

Recently, I thought I'd give this a try again, and with the new formula, I am loving it! I have very problematic cuticles, with a lifetime of hangnails, tears, soreness, bleeding, you name it. Add to that the fact that if I have little bits of cuticle sticking out or catching on stuff, I tend to pick at it or (worse!) bite it. When my cuticles are healthy and not tearing, etc., I don't pick at them (nothing to pick!), so I've been on a quest to find a really good cuticle cream, oil, butter, etc. that works and doesn't cost a bomb.

I know some reviewers consider this product to be expensive, but you get a LOT of product for the price, so it's pretty good bang for the buck, especially since a little of this goes a long way. The expiry date is around fourteen months after the manufacture, and this is such a rich cream that you may not even use it all up in that time.

I also note that some reviewers don't like the scent, and that's fair enough, especially if you're not a fan of lemon. I, however, love this, and I find it to be a nice, bright creamy lemon fragrance with no trace of any unpleasantness. I'm guessing that when they changed the formula to omit the palm oil, they also made some subtle changes to the fragrance, because I remember this as being a very sharp, almost obnoxious lemon scent before, whereas now, I find it really delicious. The fragrance reminds me of lemon custard.

As for how well it works, I'm not yet prepared to testify that this is my Holy Grail, but it's close. I use it most nights before I go to sleep, with cotton gloves on (to hold in the heat and keep the extra cream off the sheets, my hair, etc.), and when I get up, my cuticles and hands are beautifully moisturised and look healthy and happy. (Note that very damaged cuticles will probably take a while to heal, but keep at it!).

The primary ingredient in this is shea butter, which has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Other ingredients include a variety of vegetable/nut oils, lanolin, and beeswax, so you also get some skin protection as well as the moisturising effect from the fatty oils/butters.

Frankly, I love this stuff now. It smells delicious (well, I think so, anyway), it melts beautifully into my skin, it absorbs well, although not immediately, and it does a great job with my poor old raggedy cuticles. Definitely buying this again.

on 1/27/2013 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great stuff. Generous sizing. Yes, it smells just like lemon peel. Very lemony. Like the name indicates. This is fantastic for winter dried hands. Ive also been using it on my elbows and feet. Awesome. I will def repurchase. A little goes a long way. My cuticles have never looked better.

on 1/15/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't mind the lemony scent as much as others do. I figure when you buy lemon scented products they're either going to be crisp and true or Pledge-y. Either way, I don't keep my fingers near my face nearly enough to care about the smell. I keep it in the fridge.

I like that this keeps my cuticles moisturized, especially in the cold dry weather. However, it's basically scented shea butter. The same shea butter I can buy from the West African shop near my house for 1/3 of the price and it's raw and un/minimally processed.

I've tried the Burt's Bees cuticle balm and ounce for ounce it's more expensive than this stuff but comparable. I'd buy again to treat myself since I've been doing more at-home manicures but I wouldn't go out of my way.

on 1/15/2013 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my secret weapon to prevent my hands from getting dry and scaly in the winter. Before bed, I apply a good lightweight moisturizer to my hands (I use Cetaphil), then apply a layer of Lemony Flutter over it. In the morning, my skin is soft and hydrated. I find this method to be more effective than either Lemony Flutter or moisturizer on their own. I took a point off for the strong scent, which reminds me of furniture polish.

on 1/13/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

OMG, I love this product for my cuticles! I actually thought that lemon isn't good at all for the skin, but this product works amazing. I got really strong nails when I use this product frequently (while normally my nails are splitting very easy). So now I am enjoying beautiful long nails (Ok, my nails are still a bit splitted, but way less worse than beforehand).
I don't like the strong scent. It does indeed smell a lot like lemon.
I think the content is too much. It's very sparing in use. I use this product for about 9 months and I used about 25 grams (total content is 50g).

Video Reviews & Tutorials