December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first tried this some years ago, before they changed the formula to omit the palm oil, and I didn't like it then. I can't remember what I disliked about it, I do seem to recall that I didn't like the smell then (the lemon was just too sharp), but whatever it was about it, I didn't use up the tub I bought then and didn't buy it again for years.

Recently, I thought I'd give this a try again, and with the new formula, I am loving it! I have very problematic cuticles, with a lifetime of hangnails, tears, soreness, bleeding, you name it. Add to that the fact that if I have little bits of cuticle sticking out or catching on stuff, I tend to pick at it or (worse!) bite it. When my cuticles are healthy and not tearing, etc., I don't pick at them (nothing to pick!), so I've been on a quest to find a really good cuticle cream, oil, butter, etc. that works and doesn't cost a bomb.

I know some reviewers consider this product to be expensive, but you get a LOT of product for the price, so it's pretty good bang for the buck, especially since a little of this goes a long way. The expiry date is around fourteen months after the manufacture, and this is such a rich cream that you may not even use it all up in that time.

I also note that some reviewers don't like the scent, and that's fair enough, especially if you're not a fan of lemon. I, however, love this, and I find it to be a nice, bright creamy lemon fragrance with no trace of any unpleasantness. I'm guessing that when they changed the formula to omit the palm oil, they also made some subtle changes to the fragrance, because I remember this as being a very sharp, almost obnoxious lemon scent before, whereas now, I find it really delicious. The fragrance reminds me of lemon custard.

As for how well it works, I'm not yet prepared to testify that this is my Holy Grail, but it's close. I use it most nights before I go to sleep, with cotton gloves on (to hold in the heat and keep the extra cream off the sheets, my hair, etc.), and when I get up, my cuticles and hands are beautifully moisturised and look healthy and happy. (Note that very damaged cuticles will probably take a while to heal, but keep at it!).

The primary ingredient in this is shea butter, which has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Other ingredients include a variety of vegetable/nut oils, lanolin, and beeswax, so you also get some skin protection as well as the moisturising effect from the fatty oils/butters.

Frankly, I love this stuff now. It smells delicious (well, I think so, anyway), it melts beautifully into my skin, it absorbs well, although not immediately, and it does a great job with my poor old raggedy cuticles. Definitely buying this again.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by guil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. Generous sizing. Yes, it smells just like lemon peel. Very lemony. Like the name indicates. This is fantastic for winter dried hands. Ive also been using it on my elbows and feet. Awesome. I will def repurchase. A little goes a long way. My cuticles have never looked better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't mind the lemony scent as much as others do. I figure when you buy lemon scented products they're either going to be crisp and true or Pledge-y. Either way, I don't keep my fingers near my face nearly enough to care about the smell. I keep it in the fridge.

I like that this keeps my cuticles moisturized, especially in the cold dry weather. However, it's basically scented shea butter. The same shea butter I can buy from the West African shop near my house for 1/3 of the price and it's raw and un/minimally processed.

I've tried the Burt's Bees cuticle balm and ounce for ounce it's more expensive than this stuff but comparable. I'd buy again to treat myself since I've been doing more at-home manicures but I wouldn't go out of my way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Superfancy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my secret weapon to prevent my hands from getting dry and scaly in the winter. Before bed, I apply a good lightweight moisturizer to my hands (I use Cetaphil), then apply a layer of Lemony Flutter over it. In the morning, my skin is soft and hydrated. I find this method to be more effective than either Lemony Flutter or moisturizer on their own. I took a point off for the strong scent, which reminds me of furniture polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Xante87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG, I love this product for my cuticles! I actually thought that lemon isn't good at all for the skin, but this product works amazing. I got really strong nails when I use this product frequently (while normally my nails are splitting very easy). So now I am enjoying beautiful long nails (Ok, my nails are still a bit splitted, but way less worse than beforehand).
I don't like the strong scent. It does indeed smell a lot like lemon.
I think the content is too much. It's very sparing in use. I use this product for about 9 months and I used about 25 grams (total content is 50g).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh. Very strongly scented, like lemon scented household cleaner. I wish it had a lighter scent. It's also very greasy and no matter how little I used it would never soak in/absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by MissEvelien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have the worlds worst cuticles: always tearing, snagging, and coarse. So I got this, and use it everyday before I go to bed, because it's a bit greasy. This works great to moisturize my cuticles and hands, even makes my nails harder and grow faster. I personally love the nice light lemon scent too. A little goes a long long way, so it isn't that expensive as some might say.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by brunetteavoxgirl

This is great for really dry, cracked skin (I use it on my feet).
It was super expensive though, so I tend to use it more sparingly than my other lotions.
It works wonderfully!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by supergabi101

another great LUSH product. Goes great as a foot/hand lotion for me, after a salt scrub which you could buy from lush but theirs is kind of a rip-off, just look up a recipe online and make your own :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is meant for your cuticles. I do use it on my hands, lips elbows, foot. This stuff is godsend totally worth the price for how much product you get. This makes my nails look like they've been buffed and my nails grow faster and stronger. I can't believe it took me this long to buy! Like, the strength of nails are the strongest I've seen! This comes from years of acrylic and gel nails. I will never go back, but I still want to try L'occitane cuticle cream. I'm sure compared to that product, this one is much more worth it. LOVE!