Cover FX Cover Fx - Powder Fx

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 3.0%, Titanium Dioxide 3.50% Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Camellis Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetitic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone, Copolymer, Polyethylene, Alumina. May Contaim: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great powder. It is definitely a summer product for me though, as ANY dry spot is instantly noticeable. It's fantastic after exfoliating and with some moisturizer underneath. Smells a little like green tea, which I loved. Sometimes my face can feel a bit dry as the day goes on, so be sure not to use this if you have dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this powder in E0 and have gone through, if I remember correctly, 3 things of this powder. I love that it is specifically made for sensitive skin and it has yet to break me out. The thing you need to keep in mind with this powder is that it is a fairly heavy power and can look cake-y pretty easily. I'll usually do a light dusting all over my face to get it matte and apply a little extra under my eyes or anywhere else that needs it.
The product tends to last me a fairly long time as well, but I only use it every other day. One pan will usually last me about 5 months.
Overall, I think this is a great product for this with very sensitive skin and are looking for good coverage.

This is a really good powder foundation in my opinion, it offers good coverage and wears well, the downsides of this foundation is that it is a little too matte if you apply too much, so you have to be carefull, and the packaging is not so great. I have tried many powder foundations before though, high-end to low-end, and this is one of the better ones. All in all though, I like it, especially as an everyday product. For reference, I am a mac nc40-42, and I wear m50.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Went to shoppers drug mart and the sales rep said this was her favorite brand that has never done her wrong. After using it for 2 months it did nothing for me, a couple of hours later my t-zone would be oily, as if I hadn't applied anything to it. I've used mac's blot, maybelline's dream matte powder and am trying hard candy's welcome matte now. For 23 CDN I could've used that money towards a better product.
**edit: after using this with too faced primer I'm actually really enjoying this. It had a bit of a tint that I wish wasn't there, but with the primer it evens me out and keeps me matte for longer. After 12 hours I was very happy with the outcome :o) I like it better now

This is a great powder. It has a light to medium coverage and it lasts throughout the day. I have applied it with a flat kabuki brush and with a powder puff you get with your basic pressed powder compacts and I noticed I will get more coverage with the powder puff. It is not my HG, but it is one I will fall back on when I want to use a powder foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I actually walked into Shoppers Drugmart's Beauty Boutique, and the Beauty Expert recommended this for me along with the setting powder. I was told that this make up line is made for covering marks such as tattoos , and would work wonders in covering my acne scars.

My main "scar" problems in my shoulder blades, and a slight part of my back. I don't have very main scars on my face - thankfully my skin has been mostly clear in the past three years. I was looking for prom makeup - mostly a foundation, I do want my skin to look the best it can be. So letting the sales associate know about my concern about my scars she recommended me this line.

From the sample she used to apply on my skin, I first got the impression that this foundation is creamy. However - it is a powder, compact and application must be used with a brush. I'd recommend a basic foundation brush, and maybe a smaller concealer brush to get the hard spots. Anyway, the best way to get this make up on I find is to pack it and press it lightly on your face instead of brushing it on. It does give good coverage, but however (maybe this is just for me) I did not find that the coverage was enough for my dark circles ( i could not be applying it properly or something?). Anyway, the foundation does feel light in comparison to liquid or cream foundation any day - and if used properly this is a fantastic product for a "natural look".

I have only been using this product for about a week - and it is a decently priced - at 35 $ CAN. and I am told that this product should last me a week - I actually think it might because it does not take very much product to fully cover redness, and scars.

EDIT: after experimenting for possible foundation combinations to use, I found that using the Powder FX as a second layer of foundation over a cream based foundation such as Cover Girl Natural Luxe, works miracles. Great texture, and amazing coverage !

This is such a hard one to review. I love the product. It blends so nicely and covers amazingly! That said, if your skin is the slightest bit dry, the motion used to buff this in and make it flawless just irritates the skin and causes it to look flakey and cakey. This is definitely one for people with combo or oily skin. I will revisit this in the summer when my face isn't so dry.

I've gone through about 6 Bare Mineral Matte foundations in the color Light. I absolutely loved that because it did not break me out like the original formula and like the laura mercier mineral foundation did. But recently i've realized that bare minerals just wasn't cutting it. I have a lot of post acne hyperpigmentation that the bare minerals wasn't doing a good job concealing. I was also using Nars sheer glow underneath the bare minerals matte but it was too sheer. A friend of mine who has battled acne for years recommended me this line and although i was interested, the packaging of coverfx made me not want to buy it. Last weekend i was desperate for more coverage since i was planning on going away and I just decided to try it. I am a Light in Bare Minerals Matte a NC 27-30 in MAC and i was matched to a M50. the M40 works but the M50 just covered way better. With just moisturizer and this swept ontop it cover all my hyperpigmentation and it just looks SO natural. This has earned HG status. At first it looked like Cover Girl packaging from the 1980s but now I really love how sleek the packaging of this powder is. I"m sick of loose mineral powder. Pressed powder is the way to go! I love this so much that I want to get the cream foundation and use that as a concealer. But really, I shouldn't bother because this works just fine. Plus, this hasn't broken me out! Give this a try girls, especually those who are battling acne and feel embarrassed to go out in public. Good luck!

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago in M50 because it's one of choices without perfume. I'm torn about it. On the one hand, this color is a great match. On the other hand, it has an aging effect by exaggerating fine lines and pores and making my skin look dry, especially in dry winter weather. I've also noticed a bit of slight bumpiness/possible clogged pores after using this a few days in a row. I'll look for something else for now, and try this again in the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay sooooo,, this the FIRST product I have ever loved enough to actually take the time to write a review on. This Powder Fx has CHANGED the way I feel when Im in public and the way my skin looks when I take it off. I would like to start by saying that I have tried numerous powders, mineral and non mineral, etc as I find liquid make up too heavy and probably not helpful to my acne prone skin. This powder applies like a dream (but chuck the sponge they give you with it.. it will only make you feel and look cakey and obvious). Grab yourself a powder brush and go to work.. you can literally do your entire face in a minute or two. It takes a few minutes to settle into skin and look natural but after it does.. what a difference. I should mention that I use the Cover FX clear prep primer before applying this.