October 30, 2014 | 1613 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bottom line - my pits still slightly smelled / were wet ; ) Maybe this will work for someone who doesn't have as big of a sweat problem as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by MAIERANNE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product a couple years ago and had the red rash experience others speak about from the lavender......I shelved the product and went back to my aluminum filled stick......
Flash forward a couple years and decided to try again and I love it!!!! The secret is to continue to use it for at least two weeks and keep in mind you will need to reapply more frequently in that time period as your body adjusts. I now sweat much less than before and don't have the stick stained white shirts. I still cannot use the lavender scent but love the apricot and chamomille sticks. It still doesn't last quite as long as my degree or secret used to but I only reapply once in the afternoon evening. I can handle that for a aluminum free stick!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by chrizzistine

I bought the lavender-scented one and it smelled so nice and glided on nicely. I used it for about a week and had no issues with wetness or smelliness. But then yesterday, I was shopping for clothes and noticed my underarms were itchy. I looked and I have a huge red rash! My skin is even peeling and it now burns. I quickly threw it out. Beware those with sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Yeah...works if your just sitting around all day doing nothing. But if you really do have some stank to cover up, this isn't going to cut it.

I gave it a lippie because it is aluminum free.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the unscented version. I tried this for one day and threw it out. This gave me a weird "salty" smell, which is not my natural smell. FYI, I don't have a lot of natural body odor unless it's been a while since I've showered and I tend to smell more on the sweet side naturally. It may just not work for my body chemistry and might work for others, I don't know. The only good thing about it is that it has no aluminum in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by stelladream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these deodorants. i was really exicted about using them becuase i loved the whole concept. but ten minutes into wearing it ... i started to feel a burn in my armpit... i took a look in the mirror and my armpit was completly inflamed and it irritated and burned so much :( OUCH!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Aluminum-free
*Lavender scent
*No irritation

CONS:
*Stopped working for me after a couple weeks (i.e., I started to stink!)
*Not an anti-perspirant (but none of the natural deodorants are, to my knowledge)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is for the unscented deodorant stick.
i like this up to a point. if im not doing anything strenuous it keeps me smelling nice all day (i feel like the unscented version of this has a kind of... salty lemon scent to it?) but if im doing anything strenuous where i will sweat more than usual (even just a quick work out, or a warmer day), this deodorant mixed with my sweat makes me smell like a wet dog, its horrible. despite being a healthy/safe alternative to deodorants containing aluminium, i would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So pleased to find a natural deodorant that works. I've got the unscented version, which suits me fine. The great thing is *I* stay unscented, all day.

Occasionally, I've been aware of a slight dampness, but only if I've had a really stressful time or have done lots of hopping around. I actually like this, though - it means my glands and skin are functioning properly, not clogged up with aluminum. And even then, there's no smell at all. (Checked my shirts the next day, to be sure.)

I used to worry about BO, so much so I'd get medicated this and teflon that. I decided BO was less scary than breast cancer (which is strongly correlated with aluminum deodorant use), so flirted with useless things like crystals.

This stuff does the job. Also, no white streaks.

----

Edit: When I wear white shirts/sweaters with this, I get yellow stains. Don't know if that's just my natural goodness coming out or the stick. So I've been wearing this for all but those items. (Usually, any situation I'm in that requires a white shirt involves stress...)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for the unscented. I think that one of the biggest things I had to get used to is the fact that this is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. I will say that is definitely does what it's supposed to. My underarms have absolutely no odor throughout the whole day. However, I did still have to deal with the wetness. If anyone has experienced a similar problem, I find that rubbing a bit of baking soda over the deodorant, really helps. I still think that the best aluminum free deodorant is the one by Adidas, but that one is incredibly expensive and hard to find. Tom's of Maine's isn't perfect, but it does the trick. I have every intention of repurchasing!