October 22, 2014 | 1064 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by holgart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using this powder foundation and think it is just okay. I find it a bit drying and would prefer a little more coverage. They have a good color selection and Sephora helped me pick one that matched my skin. Its okay but I probably won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this to replace my MAC fix (as another review here comments), and while this is a pretty great product (smooth application, decent coverage, good complexion match), it's a little too translucent than I generally prefer. My problem with MAC fix, aside from its inescapable tendency to crumble, is the fact that it can get cakey and even itchy (I have decent skin but it's kind of combo-esque around parts of my t-zone). I do prefer something more substantial than what Nars offers, but it is a great base, and it's excellent quality. Still on the hunt for the HG. I'm also a fan of the Bare Escentuals foundation, but as far as packaging, Nars is more convenient to use. I wish I could combine Nars, BE and Mac into one to have the ultimate foundation! I think most people prefer light coverage though, so this product will make a lot of girls happy, especially if they're after the "natural" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

Amazing. My mom got me this for christmas, and I can honestly say this is the only makeup thing I have used until it was dead and gone, then kept the packaging and needed more immediately. I break out from everything- but this. It covers amazingly, is very forgiving, and mont blanc is perfect for my light cool toned skin. I love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by paulinathediva

I had bought this foundation powder simply because I had ruined my MAC Studio Fix Powder (water went into it), even if I thought that the Studio Fix was just a mediocre product. I've been checking out NARS' website for a while and really wanted to invest in something good. Planning to buy the Sheer Glow Foundation, I came across the NARS Powder instead. Being an NC 30 - 35, y brother helped me pick out a shade, in which I could've gone with either St. Tropez, Barcelona, or Casino (for a darker look.) It seems Barcelona was the one that matched my shade most.

Thank God my uncle got this for me for Christmas. I'm not sure if I was ready to buy a 40$ powder. First of all, I would have to say the packaging is a bit bulky - but other than that, the mirror is large and beautiful. You've got the rectangular shaped foundation powder and at the bottom, there's another compartment for the sponge.

Now talking about the product, I have oily skin and because I live in the Philippines, there's an excess production of oil. I can't stand the feeling of oily skin and since I can't wash my face when I'm out, I bring this little thing with me and it instantly gets rid of all the icky shine. THIS IS NOT A CAKEY PRODUCT. You can build it up to a very good coverage and it will still not look cakey! When touching the skin, it's very smooth and it looks natural as if nothing is on your skin.

I'm afraid I'll be hitting pan quite soon. I'm pretty sure this will be my HG.
Even so, it's worth the price! Try it out for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by marsdd

Great colors, nice product description, but it doesn't deliver. It's a setting powder at best, and that's what I've been using it for. It has hardly any coverage, and it's not particularly finely milled. Also, nylon-12 is actually a very common ingredient in many drugstore powders, so it's not something you need to buy high-end for. I was expecting better coverage, a buttery feeling to the powder, but no. It's a very run-of-the-mill pressed powder that's kind of blah. The Chanel powders are much more amazing. They feel lighter and actually, I think, weigh lighter! I choose St Tropez for my NC35 skin, but I could have chosen Barcelona as well. They have some new "good for Asian skin" colors now. So all in all, not impressed. Will not be buying a refill.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaspark

I use this powder foundation to touch up my face throughout the day and tone down the oiliness on my face that tends to happen throughout the day. I haven't used this foundation on its own because my skin tends to get very dry in the fall/winter. It's quite pricey but I really enjoy NARS products and the color matches perfectly on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by yggdrasil27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this powder and returned it promptly. It was a lovely shade (Sedona) perfect match, finely milled, top quality...what one would expect from NARS. My issue is that i just needed a lot of coverage. My horrible skin is just too spotty for this powder. I will have to go back to Studio Fix (C40) which actually made my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reviews on this Nars Foundation start off really goood and end up bad, I suppose everyone is looking for somethjing specific, like to make skin appear more dewy or less oily, which ever the case, if you have dry skin its not the foundations fault! or if you have oily skin and it doesnt cover well,its no the foundatins fault!
All Im saying is this fundation is very well made, if you check the ingredients they are diffrent than many foundations out there especially for powder.It contains Nylon 12 which is a very special ingredient for a flawless look it gives radiance to the skin and leaves it feeling very silky.For those who have had problems with this foundation try using something under or over it before application, if you have dry skin use a primer and or very emolient moisturizer before application, if you have oily skin after application use a setting powder. Hope this helps.For those who have normal skin you are going to fall in love!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by mikhailfrancis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG POWDER! i am extremely amazed with Mat Lumiere, but i tried this and seen that it works better than the Chanel ML. Overall it mattifies my skin with a hint of dew. it melt seemlessly on my face:) for that no makeup - healthy look!:) i would definitely recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I have oily skin with some dryness to my cheek areas. There are different categories of powder foundations and this falls into the category of those that make me look worse. The color was right, but it was such a transparent coverage that wasn't really buidable, and accentuated pores and dry patches, that i look better without makeup than with this. I love the nars blushes, but i haven't had luck with their foundations. The cheapest powder that i use is much better than this. I can't imagine what this would be good for. You would have to be flawless and poreless for this to look right, and then--what would be the point. Plus, this is expensive, and not nearly high enough spf & no staying power. I will stick with shiseido's powdery & Yves st Laurent for now, and MUFE when in a bind. I guess I am finished searching for the perfect powder.