September 17, 2014 | 986 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a Cle de Peau concealer junky for years. Then I switched my allegiance to La Mer's concealer because CdP was too creamy, not long lasting enough and sometimes looked a bit cakey, although, IMO, I have a pretty light hand with mu application. La Mer was dryer and stayed put a bit longer, but still accentuated fine lines more than I wanted. I decided to give By Terry a shot. It has staying power and lasts but all of the colors are either too light, too dark, too orange or too pink and do not fade into my skin. Touche Eclat #2 is a tiny bit lighter than my skin with just the right yellow to pink ratio. It is slightly thinner than the By Terry, so I need more to cover darkness under my eyes. It does not accentuate lines and even makes them appear less pronounced. It has pretty good lasting power. I've only been using it for a few months, so I can't tell if it is HG yet, but unless something new comes out, for now it is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

I have bad dark circles (genetics). I have tried so so so many different concealers. I love this stuff. I may have to use more than the average person, but I have to do that with every concealer. Only difference, this works and does not look heavy or caky on me. Its the right consistency, not to thin not to pasty. Was always hesitate to purchase cause of price, tried a 3 day sample & was convinced. I do like the pen style also.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mondrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping that this would diminish the appearance of the dark circles under my eyes, but didn't really do anything except look cakey and dry regardless of how little I applied. Not the right product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The hype is completely true on this product. Works wonders as a highlighting, light concealer. It'll definitely wake up tired looking eyes or make light undereye circles and bags disappear.

Initially, I got this as a sample, then purchased and use it daily. It won't hide large or extremely pigmented areas of the face, but it will give you a beautiful glow if used properly. I haven't had any issues with brush funk....you just wash the brush with soap and water or with a dab of alcohol as the instructions state. I use more than the 2 clicks that others mention but it's lasting me a while.

The formula is feather light, blends/melts into skin and doesn't accentuate lines or wrinkles. I love this stuff so much I bought it as a gift for others. Definitely try it out. It's helped a lot when I look a bit tired or under the weather.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by gorki

I like this product, but it's not like I can't live without it.
I don't really use it as a concealer, but as a highlighter, and it works just fine. Extremely easy to apply and to carry around, brightens up my face and makes me look better rested. But imo there are a lot of similar products, with similar effect, but a lot cheaper. I enjoy using it, but I don't reach for it every day, so I'm not sure yet I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by gcollier97

I love this concealer. I have pretty fair skin and this works great. It really covers up and highlights. I put in on the top of my cheek bones and the bow of my mouth and the inside corners of my eyes and it really helps my features pop. It is pretty pricey but its worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kmvvp09

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW COLORS OF TOUCHE ECLAT OFFERED ON SEPHORA'S AND NORDSTROM'S WEBSITES???? The problem I have with touche eclat #2 is that it is far too white, even for fair to light skin. This might work if you have porcelain skin, but if your skin is any darker or you like to use self tanner or bronzer to warm up your complexion, this will almost certainly give you the reverse panda look, especially in photos. The biggest mistake I see on women is choosing a concealer that is too light. I know that certain makeup artist, like Bobbi Brown, suggest that you choose a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than your skin, however, I believe that if you are trying to avoid the reverse panda look under your eyes, then you should pick one that matches your skin tone exactly, keeping in mind that your skin might become a shade darker after you apply bronzer or self tanner. Also, anything that has light reflective pigments will make the area of application appear lighter, even if the shade is an exact match for your skin tone. I have a feeling one of the new shades, #8 "radiant silk" might work for those who are fair-light or fair-medium and found #2 to be too light. However, I have not tried it yet since I am waiting for someone to post a review on it. I recently bought "Fresh supernova brightening pen" at sephora, for half the price of touche eclat (although it ends up costing about the same since there is less product than YSL's), and so far I am impressed. The brightening effect is not as evident as touche, but it does a nice job of concealing dark circles while making the eyes look more awake without actually looking like you are wearing makeup. I bought #2 for undereyes, but I might also get #1 to highlight areas such as nasolabial folds, chin, sides of nose, etc. I am also planning on ordering Givenchy mister light in mister toast to see how that compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lifesaver when it comes to my dark under-eye circles. It brightens the area and makes me look refreshed and awake. It is a subtle concealer, it does not completely cover the dark circles. But wherever applied (I apply it under eyes, under brows and down my nose), it just lifts the complexion of my face and prevents it from looking flat and tired.

It is very expensive in Aus - but I found that it is so much cheaper in duty free shopes in Airports overseas so if you want to find the best buy, maybe refrain from buying them from department stores and save for duty free.

The packaging is very practical but still luxurious. The pen shape and click function lets you have full control how you want to use the product and how much product to use.

Overall - I will definitely purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really want to like this product, because in theory it's genious. I love the pen-concept, the click to get just the right amount of product and the concealing and highlighting all rolled up into one.

But sadly, it doesn't work for my under-eye circles. I found that this just accentuated them even more rather than hiding them. For my nostril area, it was okay though.

Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a concealer under eyes and around nostrils, and it is magical! SO many times, I have been on my way somewhere and exhausted, with bad dark undereye circles, and I'll use a bit, set it with light power, and on arrival, my friends tell me how relaxed and refreshed I look. It's great, definitely one of those products that's pricey but SO worth it.