The Body Shop Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ok, the packaging is not the most effective...but it looks great! And I love the fact that it is a plastic container so that it doesn't break if you drop it in the shower.

It does melt though, so what I do is cleanse and shave and whatever...then turn off the shower, dab myself with a towel and then use the scrub. I just LOOOOOOOOOVE the smell. And it delicatly scents the skin.

It is a bit expensive though, and I think if I were going to spend that much money, I would spend just a bit more and buy something from a more 'luxury' brand. But it is pretty thick, so you don't need to use as much as you would with most scrubs.

Overall, I like this product...my sister loves it too, she keeps stealing it from me when she thinks I'm not looking!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells wonderful. It's a nice, gentle scrub. Just don't use it right after you've shaved your legs (Ouch!!)

Love the fragrance. Soft and refreshing. Won't overpower your senses. I like some other MUAer here find it is not scrubby enough for body job. I can practically feel it melt between my fingertips. However, I find it very usefull for the FACE mini scrub time. Yes for the face. In the beginning I tried it only because I love the smell so much and it's not drying the skin at all. So on the face it goes: Result is great,the skin actually soften and my nose pores are finer afterward. And No, it is not drying either. I guess the salt help to soften impurities somehow.

It smells very nice and I do feel moisturised after but being a scrub I expected more of a ... well... scrub. Other than that it's a lovely product.

True, this doesn't have very much scrubbing action, but it is very moisturizing. I especially love the sexy scent and it doesn't leave the shower floor all slippery:) Since this isn't exactly a scrub,(I think it's more of an in-shower lotion, lol), I think I will only buy this every once in a while in the small jar... or maybe it would be wiser to just buy the big one and use it on occassion?... Either way it's definitely a repurchase.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I got this product hoping it would be a great salt scrub that wasn't greasy to alternate with my existing scrubs. Well it wasn't greasy but it wasn't scrubby either. Quite disappointed in it other than the nice scent, it was like a thick cream soap instead of a scrub. Won't be repurchasing.

A wonderful salt scrub that I will most likely purchase again, despite the somewhat high price tag. I received a full size jar of this along with a bottle of Monoi Miracle Oil and Dreamboat Milk Bath for practically half price, so I couldn't pass up the gift set when I saw it online!

I am familiar with the Africa Spa Hand and Foot Honey Butter which I found incredibly moisturizing without leaving a greasy feel and with a light herbal-floral scent, and the salt scrub contains the same fragrance.

I find that if I simply spread this over my slightly damp skin, stand away from the shower and finish my facial routine, then scrub up beneath the shower, by the time I emerge and dry off, I have baby soft skin.

True, the salt isn't the most abrasive I've used, but it does a fine enough job. The scent is light and pretty and won't overwhelm you, and the oil content leaves the skin dewy soft without feeling filmy and coated in a layer of chemicals.

It was better than I expected, and I've already used a third of the jar. I love the fact that I can cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize all in one step, and don't even need to apply lotion after my shower. And, the scent doesn't intrude on the perfume I apply afterward. I just smell and feel clean and soft, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out. Highly recommended.

I love the smell of this; however, the grains are too tiny I can't even feel the "scrubbing action" on my skin. Feels like body butter with a bit of salt. Also, the jar is somewhat annoying, I feel like I can break it any moment with its tight clasps. I just use a wooden tongue depressor (hehe) to scoop out the contents without having to spoil the rest with wet fingers, etc. I also use this during my before-bedtime-shower and the wonderful scent gives me restful sleep =) Skin feels so soft, too.

I love this scrub! Since I work at TBS, I have tried about every scrub we have through demonstrating them on customers, and this one is the best by far!!! Ok so the packaging is a bit tricky, but a scrub this thick would not be able to be pumped out...I just scoop the stuff out with a plastic spoon. The shea butter moisturizes while the sea salt exfoliates, and you're left with soft skin! Yay!

I agree with the previous reviewer about the melting which means you'll end up wasting a lot of product. And I hate the fact that it's really hard to retrieve from the tub, you really have to dig your fingers into it. Much prefer squeezy tubes or pump bottles. And the clasp thing is old fashioned and annoying.

However, it does make my skin feel nice and soft afterwards. I might repurchase if they do something about the melting and improve the packaging.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products