October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by BHill0821

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It is fantastic and the smell does not bother me at all.
    It goes on smooth and make my foundation look wonderful. Al in all, this is the best product so far from Avon.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2006 4:27:00 PM More reviews by prettym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always used Avon products and I've found them very good until I used this Avon Anew Alternative treatment. My face broke out and it rarely does and it's so itchy too. I paid so much for this product and I don't want to toss it out or give it away so i used it on my heels...worked wonders. my heel actually got soft and smooth...maybe it really does work but for me, it worked on my heels

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by divini

This cream really works for me. It is the only face cream that I use and that is not from a natural line (like Weleda) or super-active line (Avene). I use it at night when I anticipate my skin would need a boost by the morning (late night, beginnings of a breakout, etc.), but not every night (not that I would not want to, I just have too many products to go through :-)) It absorbs well, gives the face an immediate lift and is great under makeup if you use it in the morning - and I believe it has contributed to my much improved skin of today. I am not particularly sensitive, so the slight tingling is to me only an indication that it is doing something, even if it were just increasing blood circulation for better absorpbtion of the active substances. Will keep on repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sagacat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avon amazed me by this product....well actually the iterm i use is Anew Alternative Intensive Whitening Treatment...it is esp for the asian market...
    I was lured by the ads (saying it has double effects:on whitening and on facial lifting)and bided for a try. It may sting some sensitive as the usage direction shows there might cause some stingy feeling. I enjoy its herbal scent and a little bit burning feeling---well it wont hurt ur skin.
    It makes my skin more energized,softer & brighter. and it is comparatively cheaper than the similar products from the high end brands

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by annestep

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for several weeks now. My skin tone has improved and my skin has more of a glow. I haven't had any break-outs or problems with it. I use it at night. I sometimes alternate it with Olay Regenerist Night. I seem to get better results if I don't use one product exclusively.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by marimunoz

I have been using this one almost every night for two months. I must say i wasn't too crazy about it at first.But since it didn't make me break out I kept using it. Now, I love it! It is light and aborbs quickly. My face can get pretty oily in the summer so I love that it doesn't feel greasy. It does have an odd smell but it doesn't bother me. I have noticed my acne scars have faded, my skin tone is much more even and best of all no more blackheads! I must say that I also use Alpha=Hydroxy lotion skin treatment twice a week which may have some to do with it. This cream does the job for me so I am happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

I've only used this for a week so it may be too soon to give a review, but I really hope this will still be working as well in a few weeks time! So far this cream give me a refined complexion the morning after application. Not sure what's wrong with me, but lately nothing has worked, but this has been good. Don't really like the packaging but I can live with it, also you only need very little to make your skin feel totally pampered. If it continues like this I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Stacy1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually sell Avon so was very keen to try this new product. I used quite a number of sample packets - loved it completely I then bought the full size product, used it for about 2 weeks and WHAMMO! My face got tiny little hives all over it, red and burning and the itch drove me crazy. I felt so hot it was like I had a fever. I felt totally miserable. After the antihistamines didn't work I went to the doctor and got some hydrocortisone ointment which cleared my skin up in a couple of days. But it lasted about 6 days in all and I had to have 2 days off work. I would never put this cream anywhere near my skin ever again. It was such a shame as it did make my skin look great until it made it look shocking!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by onthemove

I have to give Avon a hand for this fantastic product. I have been at the mercy of prescription and non-prescription products for a long while.

Avon Alternative Intensive Age Treatment is a miracle for my somewhat dry, acneic, sensitive skin. The texture is creamy and light. There is a slight tingle upon application but nothing too drastic. The scent is likable for me-earthy and agreeable. I still use my Differin but I have been noticing a glow and my skin has evened out. My skin feels very soft to the touch. Dark spots have faded. Better than Neostrata for me. This product is comparable to my experience with Reversa(a Canadian Line) which I love but just haven't purchased in a while.

While I prefer a pump to a jar, I just grab what I need with a Q-tip and I really do not require alot for my face and neck. I use this product at night and day with sunscreen.

I have not had any bizzare reactions nor serious breakouts since using this, just an overall improvement in my skin's texture and appearance.

I purchased this product on Ebay for a steal but I would definitely buy this at full price if need be.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product and am planning on buying more for myself and a jar for my mother to try.

Edit: Have been using this product for a few months now and I still love it! Hands down the best night moisturizer ever for me! Best deal for me is Ebay-will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by DarkRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is like the mother of all creams to me. It is definitely a keeper. I had been using this for about 10 months and in this 10 months, my skin tone and texture has improved dramatically. No other skin products, including retinol and glycolic acid based ones, have made such a positive change to my skin as ANEW Alternative Intensive Age Treatment.

It is not a sudden thing but first, I notice that my stubborn acne scars started to fade after a week of using this and upon continual usage, my skin surface and contours have become more uniform and nice. All the little bumps have shrunk very significantly and my giant oil-clogged pores have also become much less noticeable!

The nutty herbal smell and earthern color of the cream may be a bother to some, but I kind of like it actually. I also like the fact that despite it being a cream, its not oily at all after it has been fully absorbed.

Too bad being the lazy person I am, the day version (SPF25) of this cream does not work quite as well for me. I was hoping that the day cream can save me the hassle of applying a sunscreen after application of ANEW Alternative, but it causes clogged pores in the forms of milia and whiteheads all over my face instead aftering using it for a month. I think it is the Avobenzone sunscreen ingredient (I hate hate hate Avobenzone - why are sunscreen options in US so very limited?) that causes it and lends it its digustingly greasy texture.

But once I switched back to this non SPF version of ANEW Alternative and coupled with my favourite Shiseido SPF50+ PA+++ Mild Suncreen, everything cleared up again within 2 months. This stuff rocks. :-)