NARS Honolulu Honey

4.1

on 8/9/2008 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very pigmented lips and I'm always trying to mute it out a bit. This lipstick worked fantastically. Too many nude colors are too brown and brown anything looks horrible on me. This is a beautiful peachy-nude tone that looks amazing. It's on the matte side, which I love, and it makes my lips look huge without drawing a ton of attention to them. I love the packaging and I use it like crazy and haven't really made a dent as far as how much is left. It's on the expensive side for a lipstick but Nars' products always are - and they always last forever. I would have no problem buying this again, I'm just hopefully the shade sticks around.

on 8/1/2008 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This compares to my HG! (MAC Freckletone) I love the texture.. it's matte but a little shiny at the same time. It doesn't dry out my lips and the color is pigmented. It's a nude, peachy coral color. love it!

on 5/27/2008 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honolulu Honey is a nude peach beige lipstick with a matte finish. I love the satin finish and find it creamier and thicker than the sheers. Also very long lasting. However, this color is off on me - too orange for my skintone. It was close though - I gave this one several tries before deciding. I think it could look lovely on someone else, just not me.

Update: I bought Belle de Jour and this one is definately more of what I was looking for (more sheer, shinier, less peachy tones) so if HH doesn't work for you try BDJ.

on 5/24/2008 9:48:00 PM

I love nars lipsticks, but hate the color descriptions on their website.

The is a peach based beige nude lipstick, perfect for achieving that Julia Roberts nude she wears a lot. It is very close to Revlon's almost nude. The texture is really creamy and it lasts forever on. It isn't drying and never causes the dreaded white line. There is no shimmer, and it isn't glossy. It is in the satin line of nars lipsticks. I always like to have a pink beige, a peach beige, and a true beige in my collection. This is HG peach beige. It is almost identical to MAC freckletone, except that is a lusture and this doesn't have a glossy finish. The staying power is better too. Beautiful shade with lovely texture. To sum this color up I would say it is 60% beige & 40 % peach.

NOTE: Knocked off 2 lippies as it can be a little drying. I find myself reaching for Nars Calliope more when I want this shade.

on 5/9/2008 3:18:00 PM

Upon receiving this lipstick, I was truly shocked by its orange look. Namely this orangeness prevented me from buying lipgloss "Orgasm". Honolulu Honey has given the natural look as well as does not seem to bring out the yellowish tint my face has got. However, the lipstick in question tastes bad and smells very stale. Thus, I am not sure whether or not I shall buy this product again.
UPDATE (October, 18, 2008). As noticed earlier, NARS lipsticks tends to have a rather odd smell. The whole smell situation has been exacerbated by the fact that this lipstick has made my lips extremely dry and chapped. None of lip moisturizers or balms were able to improve the situation. The above reasons make it impossible for me to buy the NARS products.

on 4/25/2008 11:40:00 AM

The perfect peachy nude color. It is classified as a satin, which is more opaque and less shimmery than a sheer. I find that it doesn't have a very good slip and lips need to be prepped before use, as the color lasts longer if lips are in a good condition. Honolulu Honey does a pretty good job in covering my pigmented lips and looks great with a heavier eye makeup. It does need to be reapplied several times a day, but one shouldn't overapply or else the color will be streaky and uneven. Overall, a very cute color.

on 1/27/2008 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I went into sephora looking for a nude lipstick and was directed right to the NARS section haha. I only tried on 2 colors and found that honolulu honey worked really well for me. 5 minutes later I walked out with this lip color =D happily. lol

but it is pretty pricy to me(i dunno about anyone else.)
love the packaging, simple yet elegant,modern and sexy

on 1/7/2008 3:50:00 PM

This is a hard one to pull off, but it looks great as long as I have self-tanned. It's nice for a sexy, nude 60's sex kitten kind of look. I pair it with MAC Spice lipliner and top it with Lancome Juicy Tubes in Midsummer Eve. It has no shimmer to it but for this effect I actually prefer a cream formula.

on 12/1/2007 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've tried to love this lipstick twice, but I am not sure it's for me. I visited a Bloomingdales counter a while back, and tried this on at the suggestion of a SA after Giza was too peachy-orange on my pigmented lips. Paired with Nars Striptease lipgloss it's very pretty, but on it's own it take some getting used to. I recently purchased this and while Honolulu Honey doesn't look like concealer on my lips, it has a tendency to wash me out and look a bit too peachy-orange unless I apply a gloss over it. After the gloss and lipstick settle into my lips, it looks much better. I like this but I don't *love* it, as it's somewhat high-maintenance. The trick to wearing this (for me anyways) is to wear it on a day when my lips are not dry, wear a nude lip liner first (MAC Subculture) and apply very sheerly, otherwise it'll end up looking chalky and orange. A gloss on top always helps too. It's definitely drying and be careful not to let any get past your lips - this stuff has the grossest taste! This isn't my favorite shade/formula, so I doubt I'd repurchase.

on 10/15/2007 6:42:00 PM

I thought this lipstick shade looked ug-ly. Then I tried it on... Whoa! It gently lightened my pigmented lips and gave me a nude look. This is the lipstick version of "don't judge a book by its cover"!

Recommended for Medium Skin