July 29, 2014 | 1591 users online

Fragrances - Hanae Mori - Butterfly EDP

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has become my HG of perfumes (I have more than one really ;) What a strange combo of scents all rolled into this fragrance. I typically do not prefer this type of scent so it is quite the eclectic bottle in my growing stash. I will never go without & it has earned a permanent spot on my shelf. I am so glad I accidentally stumbled onto to this. Not sure why I feel it is a little on the spice side despite the sweet notes...ummm is that sandalwood? Reminds me of a lovely incense. Very feminine & pretty, my man just loves this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I love this scent so much that I bought two bottles at a time! It's one of the best scent on me ever. Well, My HG fragrance got discontinued (estee lauder's dazzling silver), so I go for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by narslovesmelovesnars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too am surprised at the average reviews of Hanae Mori. It's simply divine. When I first smelled it I wasn't sure if I liked it, til a few hours later, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's light and just makes me feel like a pretty lady. I also agree with one other reviewer about the cap...mine doesn't stay on either, so I'm always careful about how I pick it up, and it does look rather lovely sitting on the dresser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Looks so nice on my dresser (I love looking at perfume bottles!). This is a perfect work-appropriate scent that smells like almond, strawberry, and vanilla, with a touch of something sophisticated/deeper (I don't know what) that keeps it from smelling like a teenager's perfume. Lasting power is good, as I can still smell it on myself when I get home from work. I was looking for a lighter scent for summer to break things up a little from my HG The One by Dolce&Gabbana. The One is a bite on the neck, Hanae Mori Butterfly is a gentle brush of the shoulder. I regret not purchasing the lotion at the same time. I have the EDP in this--in my experience the drydown on EDTs is different, so just wanted to make it clear which my review applied to.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ridemeBIGsheldon

I adore this, despite the "sweet" scent. I generally go for foodie smells and this is great for that. Reasonably priced and easy to find too. For some reason my cap doesn't stay on. It just kinda sits on top, so I'm not sure what happened there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by mnscmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday fragrance now. I work as a nurse and I haven't heard any complaints from patients. I have a co-worker who is pregnant and she says that it doesn't make her gag. It makes me feel " sweet". I feel good wearing this perfume. It lasts long too. I work 12 hour shifts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by caligal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just discovered this and LOVE it! I am surprised at the average reviews. This is my 2nd favorite...and I will definitely rebuy!!!

I don't get headaches at all with this :)

Everyone's body chemistry is different. I cannot tell you if this flavor will work on you, but every time I wear this, I always get tons of compliments.

I got lucky and found it at Costco.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mskitte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i must defend my signature fragrance! it is subtle in its complexity. it's warm and deliciously sexy on me, definitely not cloying or overwhelming in the least (although i wouldn't wear this in hot weather.) however, i am cold and dry so can usually get away with fragrances that are headache inducing on others (yes, i can pull off angel. gracefully.) and yo, there is no vanilla in this. the strawberry and almonds mesh together to suggest vanilla, which is just brilliant. it smells like pecans to me actually. sweet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

It took me a really long time to buy Butterfly. It's quite different than other scents that I'd used, and just a whiff of the tester turned my SO off. But I loved loved loved how it smelled on my skin and have had my eye on it for about three years. Then one day, I decided to walk into Macy's and visit the cosmetics counters. I should have avoided this counter, but the SA was a sweet old lady who seemed very sincere. She convinced me, against my better judgement, to buy the gift set. I have not regretted this decision for one second. I have received so many compliments and many requests for where my friends can get this. Of course, I won't share! Better yet, my boyfriend, who did not like the tester, loves it on my skin. Yummy!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by achtungbaby80

I got two samples of this recently so I decided to try it. It was love at first sniff—I couldn’t take my wrist away from my nose all evening, because the deliciously warm scent was comforting. Unfortunately, I fell out of love quickly and it only took about 2 weeks of wearing this to figure out that after an amazingly short time it flattens out to a cloying vanilla smell reminiscent of that awful Vanilla Fields everyone in my 7th-grade class wore. The multi-dimensional “body” it seems to have when you first smell it just disappears and what you’re left with is nothing special. This doesn’t seem like a fragrance for someone who truly appreciated perfumes; it’s more like a teenage girl’s bland idea of what fragrance should be. If you like complex scents, pass this one up.