October 22, 2014 | 1867 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jett456

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review. This stuff is great. I have a large dark purple bruise on my chin area from filler injections. I tried my normal makeup and it didn't cover well even though I used lots of Bobbi Brown concealer. The bruise showed through. Then I bought some green corrector and it helped but it didn't last more than a few hours before I had to touch it up. Then, I brought Sheer Cover after seeing it while googling 'cover bruises'. I already own and use often Bare Minerals and did use that with my regular makeup. But, they don't have a cream concealer. This covered really well. I used the green with it but I don't think I need to. I went through the whole day without having to touch up at all. I highly recommend this product if you have a bruise, blemish or birthmark to cover up. Normally I probably won't use it exclusively because I think it tends to settle in little fine wrinkles and creases that normally aren't apparent with my Lancome makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by txsadie

Absolutely LOVE this product. I have been using it for about 8 years now. Sometimes when I run low and have decided that I don't want to be enrolled in the autoship program, I start browsing other products and reviews. I'll visit a few makeup counters and ALWAYS I am disappointed...I always go back to Sheer Cover. I just need to figure out how often I run out so that I can adjust my shipping schedule appropriately and don't end up with an overstock. I am 35 and my skin is sensitive to sunscreens in most makeups and my pores tend to look enlarged. Not with Sheer Cover. It makes my skin look youthful and glowing. You do have to practice with it to find the right coverage. If I need heavier coverage I use a kabuki brush, if I want it lighter I use a regular powder brush. To conceal I use a concealer brush dipped in the powder. Their concealer is excellent too. It actually helps to heal my blemishes without overdrying them. My daughter is 16 and she uses it as well. The colors blend into your skin well and it doesn't feel cakey...unless you wanted it cakey and applied it heavily with a kabuki brush! My only complaint is that it does tend to settle into fine lines and gets a bit shiny through the day, but if you blot with rice papers once throughout the day, it is fine. I have also found that their base perfector does wonders for further minimizing pores and fine lines. It is natural and I love that as well....I even sleep in mine most nights with no issues. I have tried Bare Escentuals and find that it ages me and makes my pores large. I actually just used some the other day and my face is HORRIBLY broken out now :( I am now awaiting my shipment of Sheer Cover. I have no idea why I ever stray...I always come back!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nlovewitmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been a bare essential girl for quite some time, and a friend of mine got me sheer cover thinking it was the same thing, omg first off my face itched like crazy and it did not cover up the redness like the bare minerals did and it made my face look cakey, and as a 42 year old thats not the look i need, bare minerals gives me a dewey type finish and this was more matte, i think sheer cover might be good on teenagers with already good skin, but than again if your skin was that good you wouldnt be needing it so i give this product a bad review, sorry sheer cover

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by jacoba123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I m 30 year old female wit a dark skin tone. As i m front desk manager of a hotel, my job requires me to look presentable all the tym. Bt over the years stress and hormonal changes lead my skin develop dark circles, dark spots and wrinkles. So i had to take help of makeup to hide these flaws. I tried several makeup brands bt dey were too heavy on my skin. It was too cakey and i hate dat feelin. On top of it i hve oily skin so da makeup used to not stay for long. Traditional makeup products also made me look abnormally white, which was way too different den my neck and hands. Dats wen an office colleague askd me to switch to mineral makeup.
I likd the idea hence went home and research on internet abt mineral makeup. After weighin all the mineral makeup products, their features, benefits, pros and cons i zeroed on Proactiv’s Sheer Cover. wen it arrived i was amazed to see so many products in one kit as it had concealer, two shade mineral powder, brushes, makeup bag, application guide and many more things. The moment i tried it on, i knw that i made the perfect choice by buying sheer cover. The makeup felt light on my skin, wasn’t cakey and final result was flawless, even tone skin. My face wasn’t lukin extremely white, it was just natural flawless skin. I felt that i was not wearing makeup at all. Nw i don’t worry abt hw i m lukin, as with sheer cover handy i can jus concentrate on my wrk! Thanks Sheer Cover!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by bayleedorris

The product is great, makes your skin look flawless but same effect tol your skin as most mineral make up. However the 2 things that ruined this product for me. It's a powder but once on your face turns to a liquid so through out the day it clumps in certain areas and will come off if you touch it. 2nd they charge you for it every month regardless of whether you need it or not, I called to get information on it before I ordered the trial kit and the lady forgot to mention they charge you like it's a magazine subscription. I wouldn't buy it agian and I won't buy any make up online agian.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to sheer cover foundation. I have used other minerals. This works best for me in all aspects. It covers redness, and minimizes my pores The shade actually matches. It did take awhile for me to learn how I needed to apply this foundation. Once I got a technique down, I really loved it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

When I looked this up, I was startled by the bad rating. However, reading through the almost 300 reviews, I see that about 98% of them are pretty much reviews of the company/mailing program/etc and not the actual product. People who didn't read the fine print and come here to complain about it really don't help the people who are just looking for honest reviews of the product itself. That's where my review comes in.

Let me begin the review with this: I don't have acne. I don't even ever really break out. I do use the Proactiv system as I find it reduces my skin's tendency to get oily, as well as keeps it amazingly smooth. I don't have much redness or unevenness, and I don't need almost any coverage. In fact, I don't really need foundation at all. And that is why I love this product - because it's just a thin veil of product that makes my skin look absolutely airbrushed. I, in fact, do own an airbrush system, and this offers extremely comparable results for me.

I have tried others, such as BE, and they just did not work - obvious, itchy, and not a perfect match. I refuse to buy two shades and attempt to get it perfect every day, so BE was out of contention there.

I hate always relying on liquid foundations as I don't need too much coverage, and I feel like they just sink into my pores. My work is very quiet, and I dislike wearing much makeup unless it's a really special event, so this was perfect for me. It's easy to apply, and a little goes a long way. I use my MAC 109 brush to buff, buff, buff and it looks great! My other products go on wonderfully over top of it, as well. Prior to application I apply MAC Matte gel as a primer, and everything stays in place all day, no matter how I sweat. It rarely will ever get cakey on me, but in the event it does, a little misting of water of Fix+ does the trick and brings it back to life!

I purchased this at the Proactiv cart in my mall for two reasons: I, seemingly unlike most others, DID read the fine print and didn't want to get locked into such a program, and I wanted to get color matched. I am an NC20-25, MUFE HD #117 and the color Bisque matches me perfectly. I did try Frost but it cast a ghostly look about my face.

I wish the packaging was a bit sturdier, or locked like the new BE containers do. However, I think this will be great for travel, as I like to travel light and quick, and since this is a powder it can be carried on flights. For a powder I think ~$28 is a bit expensive, but it's much cheaper than my preferred liquid foundations, so I'll take the trade-off. It also seems like it will last a long time since only a little is needed for great, even coverage.

Overall, this is a huge win for me! I will keep repurchasing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Actually when I first purchased it I didn't like it at all. I stopped using it for a while but after I ran out of my liquid foundation I decided to give this another chance. To my surprise it was amazing, I realized that I was using it all wrong. Now that I've learned how to apply it better I can't live without it. It' also a plus that it keeps my skin clear with all it's natural product.

I ran out the mineral foundation so I returned back to my liquid foundation and it broke me out so bad. I called sheer cover and had them ship me out another shipment asap. I have acne prone skin and oily skin this product really stays on for the day although touch ups are always are necessary. But my point is this is a great product and the good thing about it is you can customize your kit so it's not super expensive. I actually think its pretty affordable and I'm an undergrad student.

I've tried other mineral products but honestly I don't think anything compares to this. This is my HG mineral foundation. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this product for 3 years when I was 19-21 and I loved it! Back then my skin was pretty clear and had little flaws except for redness under my cheeks. I used the concealer for that area and the Light/Fair kit for the rest of my face. It really evened my skintone out and worked great. People thought I didn't wear makeup and always complimented me on my skin. Later on, I needed more coverage so this makeup became obsolete.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this a few times in Golden i must say i love you buff it in and it gives you a wonderful glow. I have tried a million mineral losse powders MAC, Bare essectials Non branded and branded but this tuff is amazing.