August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this at Ulta when they had a special on it for only $15. I thought it was worth a try, I'd seen great reviews that said it was a perfect color for fair skin and didn't break anyone out. The color was more subtle and a bit cooler than other bronzers I've tried but it almost didn't show up well enough. When I used the right amount, it looked great but too much looked unnatural and a little muddy. It does have some shimmer but it's pretty subtle, I really only noticed it when I got some glitter fall-out. This took a while but eventually it broke me out like all bronzers I've tried. I recently patch testing hoping I was wrong but I am probably going to end up giving it away or throwing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by DoeEyed

GLOWING. Natural and not overly shimmery (key to a good bronzer I think). Long wearing. No adverse reaction from my sensitive, oily, acne-prone complexion. My go to skin accent.
It appears to be a truly universal color. I'm a tan medium in the summer when this works more like a face-color/highlight; and a light medium in the winter when this works more for contouring. This is on the golden side but in effect just adds SHEER warmth of tone; not yellow or orange tackiness. I tend to be very light handed with makeup, but you could certainly build this up for more oomph.
Can't say enough about how impressive this bronzer is compared to everything else. It's a testament to Tarte as a brand that consistently makes high performing AND chemical free products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by msjaim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i remember the first bronzer i tried yrs ago was by covergirl , I think it was sun kissed someting.. i never really developed a liking for bronzers until I received a deluxe sample of park ave princess ( matte) i love this stuff!. I typically use tarte bliss ( i think thats what its called) cheek stain.. a peach non shimmery color. but this bronzer tones it down a bit, making me have an even more natural glow . all pros & no cons! gives a natural warmth, even seems like it helps sets my cheek stain , giving it more staying power. not to mention this stuff lasts FOR EVER!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I got this in a trial sized in sephora's 500 point gift. The powder is finely milled, brown with a golden cast to it. No obvious glitter or sparkle unless your skin is under direct sunlight. So far I'm liking this more than laguna for my NC 25ish skin. Laguna looks more of a dull brown than Park Avenue Princess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

One of the best bronzers out there for light to medium cool and neutral skintones! Park ave princess is a true bronze with no orange or red tones. This bronzer is nicely pigmented and you can achieve the right level of bronze depending on how light or heavy handed you want to be. Also, Park ave princess is so beautiful and natural looking plus it's not loaded with sparkles. Park ave princess has the right amount of shimmer, it's very soft and creates a lovely glow. I love the packaging, it's flashy and slim. This bronzer retails for $29.00(US) and Tarte Cosmetics can be purchased at Ulta, Sephora, Tarte online and QVC.
UPDATE: Causes small red clusters of bumps on the days I wear this. So, 2 lippies off for this reaction. Plus, it's rated high for potential hazardous cosmetics per EWG.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Wonderful bronzer with a wee bit of shimmer. Perfect deep brown tone, that works well on cooler skin tones. Complete and utter lack of orange in this which is great. Stays on forever and the case is pretty and portable. No scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lrnm8

Amazing bronzer! It's the perfect color with the right amount of shimmer in it, so it gives a great glow to your cheeks. I don't use bronzers to contour because my face is too small already, lol.. so I often use them as a blush instead or to give my face some color. I love this bronzer more than Nars Laguna & Stila 01 bronzer because this comes off as a true golden brown, perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. Definitely NOT orange like the Stila one and not too dark/muddy like Laguna. I got this as a free sample that came along with a set from QVC, but when I run out I will definitely repurchase even if it's quite on the pricey side. Oh, and I believe Tarte does not test on animals, which I love :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This bronzer makes my skin look amazing and natural and glowy (but not over the top). The color is natural and flattering. It just blends into your skin SO well and meshes with the other makeup I've applied. I've never seen a bronzer that is this beautiful.

I have fair-medium warm toned skin, but I think this color would work well on many skin tones. The color is subtle, but definately enough to make your skin look healthy and give it color. I usually apply it on my nose, forehead, chin and neck.

The second best part is that there's no parabens/pthalates/sulfates etc in this, and it's cruelty free- so you're actually putting something on your face that's good and looks amazing.

The only drawback is price. I will keep on buying it though because it makes my skin look so healthy and natural, it's hard to say no to that :).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ebgirl

LOVE this bronzer! I've tried several and they were either too muddy looking or had too much shimmer. This is the absolute perfect combination of both color and shimmer. I have dark hair and eyes, with light olive skin and it's perfect on me. It provides a very natural-looking glow and I love that Tarte tries to use pure, good-for-the-skin ingredients.

UPDATE: I purchased this because Tarte promotes their products as being all natural. However, this is rated 9 on EWG's Cosmetic Database (actually, the Hotel Heiress shade is, but I'm assuming that this shade must be close). I'm so disappointed! I really like this particular shade as well as the subtle shimmer, but I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I think this is the best bronzer I've ever used...and I've been using bronzer since I was in high school...lol. I've tried everything, Benefit Hoola, Guerlain Terracotta, Bare Minerals, GLO minerals, etc. But this is the best. It's matte, waterproof and gives a perfect glowy tanlook to your skin. Perfectly golden-brown. It's not orange or muddy at all. It contains no sparkle (although I believe they have a version with shimmer to it if you prefer) and I love what the Tarte brand stands for (natural, vegan etc.). It's never broken me out, and I tend to get clogged pores easily, or irritated my sensitive skin. Plus, it's heavily pigmented so a little goes a long way. I have light olive skin and I can wear this year round depending on how heavy my hand is. Definitely a re-purchase!