Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap

4.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Lavandin Extract, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

I have been using this for a few months now for cleaning my makeup brushes, Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge (the Beauty Blender dupe; also known as the SK peep) and face towels and it is simply fantastic. Compared to other cleansers, it does the best job at cleaning my SK peep. Other than that, it removes every last trace of makeup, even very stubborn cremes, liquids and waterproof stuff but doesn't dry out the bristles. I have used the peppermint version of this soap but I find that this builds up a better lather, cleans more thoroughly and doesn't require as much with each use. Some balk at the price but I think it's quite reasonable considering how much product you are getting. I have tried using it to clean my face but it tends to make my skin feel tight and I have better products for face cleansing. Packaging-wise - I wish it came with a pump as it is a big bottle and pouring it out is a bit of a pain. I do have the trial-size bottle which is what I use full time and refill when it gets low. But I give it a good 5 stars because I really, really love using it to clean my tools.

I use this to take my make-up off before using my regular cleanser, as well as to clean my brushes. It's fabulous. It takes absolutely everything off of my skin and leaves no residue behind. I can see how it would be drying for some people as my pores feel tighter than usual after I use it, but I haven't had a problem with it. Also, I have acne, and I have noticed that my skin is much clearer since I started using it (I am assuming that this is because it takes my make-up off better than anything else I've tried, so my cleanser can actually reach my skin and do its job). The fact that it's vegan on top of everything else makes it an HG product for me. I will buy this again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use it for washing my face at the day I don't put any makeup on..
and for washing my makeup brushes... so versatile
very natural and clean perfectly .. but not dry out at the same time
i love it.

This is an okay castile soap, but I won't buy it again because of the packaging. I can find soaps as good or better than this one packaged with useful product information, not lunatic religious rants.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

After reading reviews here, I snagged a sample of this at Target. The smell is great and while I balk at the idea of spending the $10 on a full-size one, a little does go a long way. I've been using it for about a week now and have not experienced any residue, sensitive skin or break-outs. In fact, I'm on my period now and while I usually have hormonal breakouts during this time, I haven't had any now and I am wondering if it is because I'm using this to wash my face. I recommend that everyone gives this a try!

There isn't a lot to say that hasn't already been said. I've gone through 3 16oz. bottles of this already. The lavender scent is calming, light and not at all synthetic. The formula is non-drying and lathers nicely. I've even used this stuff as a shampoo a couple times when my hair was feeling especially scuzzy. its good, period.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this soap after reading the list of ingredients. But it was not to be - it left my skin feeling excessively dry and it left an unpleasant buildup of soap scum in my sink and shower. It even clogged in my hand soap dispenser! Hate the stuff and poured it down the sink and recycled the bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Believe it or not, I use this as a shampoo, because it's the only thing I've found (yet) that doesn't make my scalp itch. It's really too strong to use for shampoo, but I condition afterwards (keeping the conditioner off my scalp) and do OK. It's great for everything else. I love it.

I have finally found a cleanser thats cruelty free, all natural, fairly inexpensive, and effective! My recipe: 1:1 ratio water and soap, with a few generous squirts of regular old honey. I put it all in a foamer pump soap bottle, and it makes a very lovely foam...perfection. i happened to have 2 blemishes (a rarity among rarities for me), and they were smaller and less red when i finished washing. the smell is very....lavender. haha, not fake floral lavender, but earthy herby lavender. its definately not unpleasant. all in all, i've been using this product for 2 weeks, and my skin has never looked better! i definately recommend! another note: i've switched all my skincare products to 100% natural products....my skin was pretty good to begin with, but its been even better now that i've done that. therefore, if you plan on buying this for a facewash, i suggest going for an all out skincare overhaul if you want amazing effects. just a thought :)
EDIT: i blamed this cleanser for my onset of pimples, thinking i had stripped my skin. but i think overuse of oils (grapeseed and olive mainly) was the cause of the blemishes. So, castile soap and honey goes back up to 5 stars. love this stuff, and providing you only use it once a day (you shouldnt wash your skin more than once a day anyway, unless your really oily), you wont strip your skin.
2nd edit: Been using for a year now, and still love...perfect cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of my Cyber Colors lavender cleansing oil that I bought in Hong Kong and I didn't want to shell out $89 to buy the Shu Uemura, so a friend recommended this cleansing oil for me. I have been using this as a facial cleanser for 3-4 weeks without breakouts. I have not noticed dry skin like others have experienced but I always follow with serum and moisturizer. This makes my skin squeaky clean and cleans all traces of makeup and oil on my skin, so I can see how others would get dry skin if one doesn't follow with moisturizer. I only use an amount the size of a quarter to clean my face and I love the lavender smell. My only gripe about this is that it burns when it gets into my eye, so be careful not to get any wash in the eye.

Popular Body Skincare Products