April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite scent, very calming! I feel really squeaky clean after using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nebulus

All of Dr. Bronner's soap products are great: natural and organic without added chemical. It has everything you ask for in a traditional simple soap. The only thing that not many people are aware of, is that, like all simple soap, its pH is a lot more alkali than our pH4-6 skin. I put a few drop in fresh pomegranate juice (a natural pH test) and the juice turned blue! We all learn from school that blue indicates that it is basic. Using it alone will break the natural acid mantle barrier of our skin. Therefore, always follow it with a diluted apple vinegar rinse to balance the pH. Also, don't forget to dilute the product to at least 3 parts of water!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

I found out that the soap I had been previously using came from a brand that tested on animals, and contained certain ingredients which I did not like, so I did some research and found that Dr. Bronner is one of the most trustworthy soap brands. First of all, like some of the other reviewers here, I love the smell of real lavender, not artificially, cloyingly sweet lavender that certain other brands produce. The ingredients in this soap are just awesome: organic coconut oil (not sodium lauryl sulface "derived from coconut"), jojoba seed oil (skin-softening), lavender oil (antiseptic and antifungal properties), and Tocopheral (Vitamin E; major antioxidant). I quite like all the words on the packaging; I just wish it came in a pump bottle instead of one you have to turn upside down in order to expel the contents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it as a body wash... except for the smell! I'd get the mint kind again (if it didn't burn sensitive areas!). It dries my hair out when I try to sub it for my regular shampoo, but its a nice body wash that gets me clean with no chemicals. Foams up only a little, but it still does the job, getting you squeaky clean. Will definitely try the almond next time. Make a nice brush cleaner, too! It's very cost effective in terms of the amount you get, since a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I love it! This is a wonderful product that cleans well without being harsh or drying. The product is not tested on animals, is fair trade and is made of natural ingredients.

I've used the soap shampoo (but I still use conditioner), body wash, bathroom cleaner (dilute it in a spray bottle with vinegar or baking soda), face wash (in a pinch, but it works), a makeup brush cleaner (a little diluted), baby shampoo and body wash (a little diluted), puppy dog shampoo (diluted since animals are sensitive to essential oils), as a bath soak, in a foot soak, in the humidifier, in the soap dispensers in the bathroom.You can even use it in an automatic dishwasher and in the washing machine! How multi-purpose!!

The scent is wonderful, and lavender is a natural antiseptic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the lack of glamour packaging fool you , this cleanser is great for your face too ! BEST

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!!

I have used Dr. Bronner's products for several years, but recently I have been able to enjoy them even more!

If you want a great lather for hand soap, body soap, shaving etc. what I have found out is that you should put about 3 parts water and 1 part of the liquid soap into a FOAMING HAND SOAP CONTAINER.

It will extend the life of your soap supply, and you'll love the texture. Even thought this stuff may cost 15 dollars up front, it seriously lasts at least 6 months if you use it properly.

Warning!!: DO NOT USE THIS STUFF WITHOUT DILUTING IT. It's meant to be mixed with water, so don't be surprised if you experience sensitive skin if you don't dilute! 3 parts water to one part soap at minimum.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bellhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap lathers up very nicely so a little goes a long way. I tried this on my hair with so-so results. Unlike some reviews my skin didn't have any issues such as dryness after using this soap. After showering with this soap I follow up with shea butter as a body moisturizer. Shea butter is ultra moisturizing and great for combating dryness especially during the colder months. This soap can be very drying if used in its pure and undiluted form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this for everything, body and house! I even clean my car with it.

My skin is very sensitive to soaps, so I try to only use natural soaps on my skin to avoid rashes and such. This doesn't irritate my skin at all, and when I use it to wash my face, it actually removes all my makeup! I don't find it drying at all. It does make hair feel a little weird after washing, but it's still a nice squeaky-clean feeling, and conditioner removes tangles and such, so it's not a problem.The lavender scent is my favorite because it's really light, and it's a relaxing scent. I also use the Tea Tree one for my car and stuff, but I can't use it on my body because the smell is unpleasant for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is your basic liquid soap that lathers ok, and leaves skin fresh and clean but not stripped of its moisture. Its alot better than other drugstore brands, Nothing fancy but I'm leaning more towards organic products and this just does great for the price.