October 21, 2014 | 843 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews here, I snagged a sample of this at Target. The smell is great and while I balk at the idea of spending the $10 on a full-size one, a little does go a long way. I've been using it for about a week now and have not experienced any residue, sensitive skin or break-outs. In fact, I'm on my period now and while I usually have hormonal breakouts during this time, I haven't had any now and I am wondering if it is because I'm using this to wash my face. I recommend that everyone gives this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

There isn't a lot to say that hasn't already been said. I've gone through 3 16oz. bottles of this already. The lavender scent is calming, light and not at all synthetic. The formula is non-drying and lathers nicely. I've even used this stuff as a shampoo a couple times when my hair was feeling especially scuzzy. its good, period.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by grlNext2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this soap after reading the list of ingredients. But it was not to be - it left my skin feeling excessively dry and it left an unpleasant buildup of soap scum in my sink and shower. It even clogged in my hand soap dispenser! Hate the stuff and poured it down the sink and recycled the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by minerva9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Believe it or not, I use this as a shampoo, because it's the only thing I've found (yet) that doesn't make my scalp itch. It's really too strong to use for shampoo, but I condition afterwards (keeping the conditioner off my scalp) and do OK. It's great for everything else. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have finally found a cleanser thats cruelty free, all natural, fairly inexpensive, and effective! My recipe: 1:1 ratio water and soap, with a few generous squirts of regular old honey. I put it all in a foamer pump soap bottle, and it makes a very lovely foam...perfection. i happened to have 2 blemishes (a rarity among rarities for me), and they were smaller and less red when i finished washing. the smell is very....lavender. haha, not fake floral lavender, but earthy herby lavender. its definately not unpleasant. all in all, i've been using this product for 2 weeks, and my skin has never looked better! i definately recommend! another note: i've switched all my skincare products to 100% natural products....my skin was pretty good to begin with, but its been even better now that i've done that. therefore, if you plan on buying this for a facewash, i suggest going for an all out skincare overhaul if you want amazing effects. just a thought :)
EDIT: i blamed this cleanser for my onset of pimples, thinking i had stripped my skin. but i think overuse of oils (grapeseed and olive mainly) was the cause of the blemishes. So, castile soap and honey goes back up to 5 stars. love this stuff, and providing you only use it once a day (you shouldnt wash your skin more than once a day anyway, unless your really oily), you wont strip your skin.
2nd edit: Been using for a year now, and still love...perfect cleanser.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I ran out of my Cyber Colors lavender cleansing oil that I bought in Hong Kong and I didn't want to shell out $89 to buy the Shu Uemura, so a friend recommended this cleansing oil for me. I have been using this as a facial cleanser for 3-4 weeks without breakouts. I have not noticed dry skin like others have experienced but I always follow with serum and moisturizer. This makes my skin squeaky clean and cleans all traces of makeup and oil on my skin, so I can see how others would get dry skin if one doesn't follow with moisturizer. I only use an amount the size of a quarter to clean my face and I love the lavender smell. My only gripe about this is that it burns when it gets into my eye, so be careful not to get any wash in the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MizMestiza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this magic soap! It makes my skin so soft! I use it as my bath & body wash, and also as a shampoo. I used to use antibacterial body wash from Walmart and I remember my skin being so dry, but Dr. Bronner's magic soap is hands down the best and cruelty free! SO I will definitely stick to using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite scent, very calming! I feel really squeaky clean after using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nebulus

All of Dr. Bronner's soap products are great: natural and organic without added chemical. It has everything you ask for in a traditional simple soap. The only thing that not many people are aware of, is that, like all simple soap, its pH is a lot more alkali than our pH4-6 skin. I put a few drop in fresh pomegranate juice (a natural pH test) and the juice turned blue! We all learn from school that blue indicates that it is basic. Using it alone will break the natural acid mantle barrier of our skin. Therefore, always follow it with a diluted apple vinegar rinse to balance the pH. Also, don't forget to dilute the product to at least 3 parts of water!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

I found out that the soap I had been previously using came from a brand that tested on animals, and contained certain ingredients which I did not like, so I did some research and found that Dr. Bronner is one of the most trustworthy soap brands. First of all, like some of the other reviewers here, I love the smell of real lavender, not artificially, cloyingly sweet lavender that certain other brands produce. The ingredients in this soap are just awesome: organic coconut oil (not sodium lauryl sulface "derived from coconut"), jojoba seed oil (skin-softening), lavender oil (antiseptic and antifungal properties), and Tocopheral (Vitamin E; major antioxidant). I quite like all the words on the packaging; I just wish it came in a pump bottle instead of one you have to turn upside down in order to expel the contents.