August 27, 2014 | 1798 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by minerva9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Believe it or not, I use this as a shampoo, because it's the only thing I've found (yet) that doesn't make my scalp itch. It's really too strong to use for shampoo, but I condition afterwards (keeping the conditioner off my scalp) and do OK. It's great for everything else. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have finally found a cleanser thats cruelty free, all natural, fairly inexpensive, and effective! My recipe: 1:1 ratio water and soap, with a few generous squirts of regular old honey. I put it all in a foamer pump soap bottle, and it makes a very lovely foam...perfection. i happened to have 2 blemishes (a rarity among rarities for me), and they were smaller and less red when i finished washing. the smell is very....lavender. haha, not fake floral lavender, but earthy herby lavender. its definately not unpleasant. all in all, i've been using this product for 2 weeks, and my skin has never looked better! i definately recommend! another note: i've switched all my skincare products to 100% natural products....my skin was pretty good to begin with, but its been even better now that i've done that. therefore, if you plan on buying this for a facewash, i suggest going for an all out skincare overhaul if you want amazing effects. just a thought :)
EDIT: i blamed this cleanser for my onset of pimples, thinking i had stripped my skin. but i think overuse of oils (grapeseed and olive mainly) was the cause of the blemishes. So, castile soap and honey goes back up to 5 stars. love this stuff, and providing you only use it once a day (you shouldnt wash your skin more than once a day anyway, unless your really oily), you wont strip your skin.
2nd edit: Been using for a year now, and still love...perfect cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I ran out of my Cyber Colors lavender cleansing oil that I bought in Hong Kong and I didn't want to shell out $89 to buy the Shu Uemura, so a friend recommended this cleansing oil for me. I have been using this as a facial cleanser for 3-4 weeks without breakouts. I have not noticed dry skin like others have experienced but I always follow with serum and moisturizer. This makes my skin squeaky clean and cleans all traces of makeup and oil on my skin, so I can see how others would get dry skin if one doesn't follow with moisturizer. I only use an amount the size of a quarter to clean my face and I love the lavender smell. My only gripe about this is that it burns when it gets into my eye, so be careful not to get any wash in the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MizMestiza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this magic soap! It makes my skin so soft! I use it as my bath & body wash, and also as a shampoo. I used to use antibacterial body wash from Walmart and I remember my skin being so dry, but Dr. Bronner's magic soap is hands down the best and cruelty free! SO I will definitely stick to using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite scent, very calming! I feel really squeaky clean after using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nebulus

All of Dr. Bronner's soap products are great: natural and organic without added chemical. It has everything you ask for in a traditional simple soap. The only thing that not many people are aware of, is that, like all simple soap, its pH is a lot more alkali than our pH4-6 skin. I put a few drop in fresh pomegranate juice (a natural pH test) and the juice turned blue! We all learn from school that blue indicates that it is basic. Using it alone will break the natural acid mantle barrier of our skin. Therefore, always follow it with a diluted apple vinegar rinse to balance the pH. Also, don't forget to dilute the product to at least 3 parts of water!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

I found out that the soap I had been previously using came from a brand that tested on animals, and contained certain ingredients which I did not like, so I did some research and found that Dr. Bronner is one of the most trustworthy soap brands. First of all, like some of the other reviewers here, I love the smell of real lavender, not artificially, cloyingly sweet lavender that certain other brands produce. The ingredients in this soap are just awesome: organic coconut oil (not sodium lauryl sulface "derived from coconut"), jojoba seed oil (skin-softening), lavender oil (antiseptic and antifungal properties), and Tocopheral (Vitamin E; major antioxidant). I quite like all the words on the packaging; I just wish it came in a pump bottle instead of one you have to turn upside down in order to expel the contents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it as a body wash... except for the smell! I'd get the mint kind again (if it didn't burn sensitive areas!). It dries my hair out when I try to sub it for my regular shampoo, but its a nice body wash that gets me clean with no chemicals. Foams up only a little, but it still does the job, getting you squeaky clean. Will definitely try the almond next time. Make a nice brush cleaner, too! It's very cost effective in terms of the amount you get, since a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I love it! This is a wonderful product that cleans well without being harsh or drying. The product is not tested on animals, is fair trade and is made of natural ingredients.

I've used the soap shampoo (but I still use conditioner), body wash, bathroom cleaner (dilute it in a spray bottle with vinegar or baking soda), face wash (in a pinch, but it works), a makeup brush cleaner (a little diluted), baby shampoo and body wash (a little diluted), puppy dog shampoo (diluted since animals are sensitive to essential oils), as a bath soak, in a foot soak, in the humidifier, in the soap dispensers in the bathroom.You can even use it in an automatic dishwasher and in the washing machine! How multi-purpose!!

The scent is wonderful, and lavender is a natural antiseptic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the lack of glamour packaging fool you , this cleanser is great for your face too ! BEST