July 30, 2014 | 1272 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

I never understood the hype over this product when I used to work at sephora but about 5 years later my skin has changed. I'm 27 now and I am more dry than ever partially from retinol. Loving this cleanser now! I received a sample and after I cleanse my skin feels hydrated and glowy! Even though its a gel I feel like I can get a slight lather. It smells super fresh and cucumbery but it's not overwhelmingly frangranced at all. I believe its the amino acids and meadowfoam seed oil that prevents that tight/dry over cleansed feeling. I can go right over my eyes with this and it whisks away my eye make up. This is a great staple I actually look forward to cleansing my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Weird smell that went away quickly. I don't find it any better than my Trader Joe's face soap. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect mild cleanser for sensitive or dry skin, I use this as my winter cleanser with my clarasonic. Between the two, no more tight itchy feeling!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by odubkids

This face cleanser is nice. I wouldn't repurchase again for two reasons 1) it has a fragrance 2) the price tag. Adding fragrance to makeup and skin-care products is just a marketing tool and it does nothing for your skin -- in fact, fragrances only do harm to your skin and I would prefer a skin-care line that is fragrance free. Second, it is not worth it for me to invest $38 in a CLEANSER, because it simply is being washed down the drain and so my skin is not receiving any benefits no matter what ingredients are in this cleanser. I would rather invest my money in an expensive serum or moisturizer because those you don't wash off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by yyou

Amazing product, this is a one of the few "natural" products that actually lives up to it's claim of being a gentle product and is still a very effective cleanser at the same time. Most products that say they are natural and supposedly good for sensitive are not so if you check the ingredient list, the others that are all natural do not clean effectively enough. This product somehow manages to be free of sulfates (a detergent found in most cleanser/shampoos which strips the skin and breaks down it's natural protective barrier) and yet manages to remove all the makeup I'm wearing. I've tried Philosophy Purity (awful, broke me out), Nars Cleansing water (not effective), makeup remover from Dior and Clarins (both pretty good) and this one is my favorite by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this for a couple of years now, and itís a staple in my skin care regime. I can only use my Clairsonic twice a week because my skin is so sensitive, and this is the only cleanser thatís gentle enough to pair with it or use the day after. Iíve tried other gentle cleansers for sensitive skin, and this is the absolute best. Even Cetiphil irritated my skin and left a burn that took two weeks to clear up. Because of that, I donít mind the $40 price point for this product. You get what you pay for.

It took me a while to figure out how to use this. At first I hated it. It felt slimy, smelled funky, and I felt like it left residue on my skin. Then I watched a video tutorial on the Clairsonic and decided to dust this off and give it another try. The problem was two-fold. 1: I was using way too much product. This has a push top lid, and its really easy to squeeze out too much product. I was using a quarter size amount. Now I use a pea size amount. 2: I applied this to dry skin, which was not optimal. Now I use this in the shower, wet my face, apply a pea size amount to my palm, and lather the product. It wonít actually bubble or suds, but it emulsifies into a very rich and silky feeling product that I massage onto my face. It rinses clean.

When I use my Clairsonic, I apply the product the same way, wet the Clairsonic, and work it over the lather on my face for a maximum of 60 seconds. Even with the sensitive brush head, this makes my skin feel very vulnerable, and it becomes too sensitive to use medicated products for about 24 hours.

About Me: Iím a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesnít irritate my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I got this with the Clarisonic Plus. I've had it for a while, but never tried it. So finally I decide to use it up. The first thing that I noticed is that my face felt tight after using this. After a few days of using this, my skin wasn't looking as good as it normally does. As you use it, it feels pretty good. However after the results are not so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by earthychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is loaded with things your skin absorbs that shouldn't be put on it. I know most think you just wash it off no biggie but on a daily basis it's not good for you. It does take off makeup and cleanses well. It's just not good for you at all. :(

I really wish they would reformulate to a safer ingredient list. The name is deceiving.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

I like this cleanser, I mean Really really like this! I look forward to washing my face if I know I have a tube of this laying around. I wasn't too fond of the smell the first time I used it, it seemed like a mix of cucumber and something medicinal, but it has really grown on me. I now welcome that famIliar smell. I love this because it leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and not stripped. Other gentle cleansers like cetaphil left me feely slightly drier than Fresh. I have oily skin, but when I'm using drying acne treatment I don't want anything that is going to dry my skin more and accentuate flakies. Now would I buy this again? I'm not sure. I think over 30 bucks for a cleanser is rediculous, I mean really. But also i feel like I could probably find a product that is just as gentle and non drying for half the price. Maybe even the drugstore. I dont know of this really does remove makeup like it claims because I use an oil cleanser for that. If I had a gift card or there was a sale I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

Over the past few years i tried quite a few cleansers such as the purity one from philosophy, kate somerville, clinique, origins, and a couple more, I think this might just be the best one i tried, except for the smell, its really natural and a little bit like whole grain or just soy! I dont really like it but i can live with it because the product itself is really great! it doesnt dry your skin out at all which i love, and your skin feels really soft and clean after washing it with this product! (FYI my skin is combination)
so i guess if it wasnt for the smell i would definitely give it a 5 star!