July 25, 2014 | 1149 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by burban

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this cleanser and have been for almost a year. My face gets extremely oily and ragged after a long day, but this stuff, in a pinch, brightens my face to a whole new level of clarity. I used to be a horrid picker since I hit puberty which left my face with small dark spots, bruises, and varying types of scars in the usual T-zone plus cheek area. Now my skin is radiant and all those evil spots and splotches have left for good. It eliminated all my raised scarring, but for the pits that generally dominate my forehead, there was no help to be found except with bangs. No cons to be found with this brilliant confidence-inducing bottle. I'm in love.

I take a dime to nickle sized squirt, rub softly though firmly in any rough areas like the nose, *leave on while I brush my teeth, then rinse thoroughly with splashed water. (I've always had a sneaking suspicion that my toothpaste contributed to any blemishes near or around the mouth. And because no blemishes have appeared in that area I think the cleanser a great protector.) I use it two times a day, morning and night, and then right before special occasions to give my skin another healthy dose of glow. Now it's off to find a good moisturizer for day and night :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by aebonino

I have been using this for a month now, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I broke out on my neck line and cheek on the left side (somewhere I have never broken out before...Total devastation.) Anyways, I figured out that it was from a hair product I had been using, and I was going to sleep with it still in my hair. I started using this right after that breakout and it cleared up very quickly...my skin looks very clear and bright. Not oily...and not dry. No new blemishes at all...SO HAPPY!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by JInglygypsy

I have never been a fan of cream cleansers, for the ones I have tried have been poor performers, and they have left my already oily face covered in greasy residue. However, as of late, my skin has been trying to tell me something by way of unevenness, flaky patches, and myriad tiny acne bumps in places they've never appeared before. In fact, I think my skin may be trying to tell me that it is maturing a little, and that it would like for me to stop using harsh products (who doesn't appreciate a good scrub?) on it.

I had recently tried another acne cleanser with horrible results, and I was skeptical about trying another. I was skeptical, that is, until I realized that Olay has a cleanser that is not only dedicated to fighting the signs of aging, but one that will also stand by you in your fight against annoying and persistent acne. This Olay cleanser doesn't simply step in, push you aside, and declare war on the battlefield that is your face, causing you more problems than it actually solves. Rather, this cleanser comforts you with confident awareness and a gentle, yet highly effective, plan of action. In other words, it takes care of your delicate skin while eradicating the dreaded acne that has settled in.

In only two weeks of using this product, my skin is clear of acne, softer than ever, significantly less oily, and, in a word, radiant. It truly has transformed my skin.

Olay says it can be used 1-3 times daily, so I use it morning and night, and I let it soak into my skin for nearly a minute before I rinse it off each time. This little technique, I believe, allows the ingredients to work better. Oh, and by the way, for a cream cleanser it sure rinses easily! I never feel like I have left over make-up or other residue after using it.

If you have issues with acne yet don't want to be left out of the anti-aging product extravaganza, then I highly suggest you give this cleanser a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by chenoarae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser - I have very sensitive rosacea-prone skin, and it has made a visible difference in skin smoothness. I've been using it for over a month and just purchased my second tube (it is easy to use quickly though because of the lotiony consistency). It has not irritated or dried me out one bit - one lippie off though because of the awful scent, it reminds me of old-lady perfume (why must companies add scent to a face wash at all? I don't get it).
Edit-Still loving this wash and using it daily, after nearly a year.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

I have been using this for 3 weeks now and I was so excited to try it after using the Clean & Clear Advantage products for a year. It was such a let-down. I've always loved Olay products but this one sucked!! It didn't do anything for my my blemishes and not only that, but it made me break out. I got 4 massive zits from using this and I never get big zits! The smell and price were nice but that was it!!! I don't recommend this to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Rehaam

This product is a cream cleanser with tiny exfoliating beads. It has salicylic acid in it to fight blemishes. What I liked about this product is that it seems like it would work nicely for people with very dry skin because it is very creamy feeling. However, that is the only good thing i can say about this product aside from the nice fruity smell it had.

The beads are almost non-existent. The texture is almost like a lotion, making it a bit hard to use as well. It never made my face feel clean and left a horrid oily residue behind that I could never quite get off. It is EXTREMELY hard to get all the product off because of this. It broke me out into tons of tiny pimples because of whatever film it was leaving on my skin. I used this for two weeks and that was enough for me to throw it out

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Knox123

I LOVE this stuff. I bought it, along with the matching moisturizer and it's been great so far. I use it at night and let it sit on my skin for about 2 minutes before washing it off. I'm a firm believer of letting things sink in :-) It's moisturizing and I haven't had a breakout since I've been using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mstracy

This is a great cleanser with mild exfoliation from the little beads in it. I like that they are not harsh like some scrubs that feel like chopped up walnut shells on your face. These are smooth little (plastic?) spheres that take this cleanser up a notch from just a basic creamy cleanser.

It does have salicylic acid in it too. My face is finally clearing up (thanks to Yaz)...but I still like to use SA products for the anti-aging benefits.

This is pretty cheap too. Like $6 at Target and they frequently run Olay on sale.

Will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by charisma103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Before trying this cleanser I was using Purpose, but got bored with it. Over the past year or so my skin has changed from combination to almost normal. I do have the occasional blemish and if I skip cleansing my face at night I tend to get spots.

This cleanser is very creamy and I like the exfoliator granuals in this. If you like foaming cleansers or products that lather this is not for you.

After using this I don't feel like the moisture in my face has been stripped away. My skin is somewhat sensitive and this has not broken me out with hives or acne.

I follow up with Mary Kay Timewise Moisturizer for Combination/Oily Skin and this seems to make my face super soft.

EDIT - After three weeks of using this product my skin started to break out. My forehead, where I never get pimples, cropped up with several whiteheads and my chin flared up something terrible. I've went back to using Purpose and immediately there's a difference. The whiteheads on my forehead are disappearing and the pimples on my chin are healing. I don't think my skin likes products with Salycilic Acid I really regret changing my routine when it worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read somewhere that as we get on with age, or starting at 30 we should drop the foaming facial cleansers and use products that will do deeper and softer cleaning. But prior to reading that I had already bought myself olay's total effect foaming cleanser. I'm glad I did.

The product lathers up nicely and just a little amount of it lathers up alot. It's smooth and silky while washing my face. My skin felt smooth and silky after I rinse the lather off my face. It cleans well. However I have to do a do-over when cleaning my eyes from eyeliners and those tough waterproof mascaras. The light scent is a plus. The tube lasts me a long time as well.

The product does not do much as an anti-aging product but is a wonderful cleanser. I would prefer the packaging be a bit better that the product comes out of a pump up bottle. The price could get a little lower, too. But considering how it lasts me a long time I suppose the worth was spread out over the weeks I used up the product.