Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 6/30/2008 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This really finely milled powder did absolutely nothing about controlling the shine on my face. I had rather hoped it would keep me from getting shiney, but no. I had hoped it would make my makeup look better, but no. I had hoped it would do something, but no. I'm glad I only got a small size, since it didn't seem to have much effect at all. I'm hoping the start-to-finish powder does better for me. The is one of the few EM products I just really did not like.

on 6/30/2008 4:49:00 PM

It does nothing for my oily skin. The fact that after applying EDM foundation even my oily skin looks and feel dry, but it still gets oily afterwards, so I still need finishing loose powder on top but Finishing Dust doesn't help at any stage.

I'm now using Guerlain loose powder (yes I know it's not mineral powder but it helps my oily skin in this humid weather) and very pleased with it.

Will try Start To Finish powder...

on 6/2/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I sampled this when I sampled a few Everyday Minerals foundation. Honestly I don't think it did a thing for me. It did not keep my oily skin matte for any longer than normal. It didn't make my foundation last longer than normal. Whatever this product is supposed to do, it didn't work for me.

on 5/22/2008 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic product! It smooths out your skin and controls oil reasonably well. Even though I do get oily after a few hours, my foundation stays on longer and the colour is much better. Boyfriend says my face is soo smooth when I wear this, hehe.
Edit: No comparison with MAC blot.

on 5/12/2008 8:29:00 PM

For me, this product did not control any oil.
Made my skin shinier and oiler than I've ever experienced.
I think it made me break out a little.
Won't repurchase.

on 5/11/2008 4:10:00 AM

This is like the icing on the cake basically but for your face :) I love using this as a final touch on top of my EM foundation and EM concealer!

on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM

This is my second favorite finishing powder. I prefer Ocean Mist's Silken Perfection. I like this product better in quality and price than Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

on 5/4/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

been using this for a long time, seriously the only thing that has made a significant impact on my oilies!! i usually get oily by midday - shiny all over. but using finishing dust, i'm still looking healthy glowy by midday, and i'm rarely oily anymore ( i have used this product through winter, spring and summer). this is the final thing i put on after everything else on my face, but before mascara (dusting on loose powder makes it easier to remove mistakes and/or prevent smudges later on in the day)
its' very fine and does not leave a white cast. invest in a nice powder brush for this. i use body shop face/body powder brush.

on 4/26/2008 1:58:00 AM

My HG finishing powder, feels like I'm not wearing make-up at all, is perfectly translucent and sets my make-up all day. No problems at all, love it and will wear it as long as they make it.

on 3/31/2008 7:50:00 PM

This is my HG finishing powder! I tried the BE mineral veil before and it did almost nothing for my shine. To start, I have combination skin that gets very shiny around the T-zone. I used to have to powder my face a few times a day, but I would still be shiny within an hour. After using Finishing Dust however, my face almost never feels oily anymore, and I start to get shiny after around 4+ hours (which is pretty amazing for my skin). The powder looks light in the container, but goes on clear. It also provides a softening/airbrushed effect. My only complaint is that the powder is very fine and light, so when I apply it, a very small amount gets in my eyes. This shouldn't be a problem except that I have contacts and I have to take out my contacts and rinse them to completely remove the powder. I now close my eyes every time I use Finishing Dust and haven't had this problem as much. The occasional loose powder in the eyes though is completely worth the matte effect and shine controlling properties of this product. The fine grains also make the makeup fall through the sifter much easier than the foundations, resulting in too much build up on top of the sifter. The container does get a bit messy with use. I wish EM would make the sifter holes smaller for Finishing Dust, otherwise, I absolutely love what this product does to control my shine.

*EDIT* Now that I am nearing the bottom of this container, the powder does not spill out from the sifter quite as rapidly, and I realized that I was previously using too much. Because I am using less, I don't get loose powder in my eyes now. But I also noticed that I start to get shiny within 2 hrs now instead of 4, especially with the warm weather coming in. Nonetheless, I will stick with using finishing dust, as it provides the best results for me of any shine controlling powder I have found. Also, I have been using this for nearly 2 months now and have had no problems with breaking out. My skin has actually become clearer since switching to EM.

**EDIT again**
I tried the new EM start to finish powders, both the original and the rice one. I have found that they provide slightly better shine control than the finishing dust. It wasn't a huge difference, but I recommend trying out a sample if finishing dust isn't quite cutting it for you.

Recommended for Normal Skin