October 26, 2014 | 1186 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does nothing for my oily skin. The fact that after applying EDM foundation even my oily skin looks and feel dry, but it still gets oily afterwards, so I still need finishing loose powder on top but Finishing Dust doesn't help at any stage.

I'm now using Guerlain loose powder (yes I know it's not mineral powder but it helps my oily skin in this humid weather) and very pleased with it.

Will try Start To Finish powder...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sampled this when I sampled a few Everyday Minerals foundation. Honestly I don't think it did a thing for me. It did not keep my oily skin matte for any longer than normal. It didn't make my foundation last longer than normal. Whatever this product is supposed to do, it didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

Fantastic product! It smooths out your skin and controls oil reasonably well. Even though I do get oily after a few hours, my foundation stays on longer and the colour is much better. Boyfriend says my face is soo smooth when I wear this, hehe.
Edit: No comparison with MAC blot.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by lunacita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For me, this product did not control any oil.
Made my skin shinier and oiler than I've ever experienced.
I think it made me break out a little.
Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This is like the icing on the cake basically but for your face :) I love using this as a final touch on top of my EM foundation and EM concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by PocaDot88

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my second favorite finishing powder. I prefer Ocean Mist's Silken Perfection. I like this product better in quality and price than Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by krystalchan

been using this for a long time, seriously the only thing that has made a significant impact on my oilies!! i usually get oily by midday - shiny all over. but using finishing dust, i'm still looking healthy glowy by midday, and i'm rarely oily anymore ( i have used this product through winter, spring and summer). this is the final thing i put on after everything else on my face, but before mascara (dusting on loose powder makes it easier to remove mistakes and/or prevent smudges later on in the day)
its' very fine and does not leave a white cast. invest in a nice powder brush for this. i use body shop face/body powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by JessoXD

My HG finishing powder, feels like I'm not wearing make-up at all, is perfectly translucent and sets my make-up all day. No problems at all, love it and will wear it as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by adri721

This is my HG finishing powder! I tried the BE mineral veil before and it did almost nothing for my shine. To start, I have combination skin that gets very shiny around the T-zone. I used to have to powder my face a few times a day, but I would still be shiny within an hour. After using Finishing Dust however, my face almost never feels oily anymore, and I start to get shiny after around 4+ hours (which is pretty amazing for my skin). The powder looks light in the container, but goes on clear. It also provides a softening/airbrushed effect. My only complaint is that the powder is very fine and light, so when I apply it, a very small amount gets in my eyes. This shouldn't be a problem except that I have contacts and I have to take out my contacts and rinse them to completely remove the powder. I now close my eyes every time I use Finishing Dust and haven't had this problem as much. The occasional loose powder in the eyes though is completely worth the matte effect and shine controlling properties of this product. The fine grains also make the makeup fall through the sifter much easier than the foundations, resulting in too much build up on top of the sifter. The container does get a bit messy with use. I wish EM would make the sifter holes smaller for Finishing Dust, otherwise, I absolutely love what this product does to control my shine.

*EDIT* Now that I am nearing the bottom of this container, the powder does not spill out from the sifter quite as rapidly, and I realized that I was previously using too much. Because I am using less, I don't get loose powder in my eyes now. But I also noticed that I start to get shiny within 2 hrs now instead of 4, especially with the warm weather coming in. Nonetheless, I will stick with using finishing dust, as it provides the best results for me of any shine controlling powder I have found. Also, I have been using this for nearly 2 months now and have had no problems with breaking out. My skin has actually become clearer since switching to EM.

**EDIT again**
I tried the new EM start to finish powders, both the original and the rice one. I have found that they provide slightly better shine control than the finishing dust. It wasn't a huge difference, but I recommend trying out a sample if finishing dust isn't quite cutting it for you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Iamblondedotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now this is nice stuff even if they're foundations are clogging and zit producing, at least I may keep this. It works well and it's soft and silky and doesn't clog.