BeneFit Cosmetics Bluff Dust

3.8

Talc, mica, yellow 5 lake, dimethicone, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, polyethylene, silica, titanium dioxide, phenyl trimethicone, polymethyl methacrylate, corn starch, methylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate, squalane, propylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides.

on 3/30/2007 3:42:00 PM

Hated this. I really wanted to like it. I have some redder areas, nothing too dramatic so I was hoping this would help with toning it down. Nope. Did nothing. There are other powders I like better for blotting oil and that was about all this did for me.

on 3/18/2007 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product made me break out. However, I do like BeneFit's You're Bluffing Concealer.

I *heart* this stuff and currently use it almost every day. I am not a fan of foundations or pressed powders (I like my skin to breathe!) but I get a lot of redness along my inner cheeks and nose area. Well, Kabam! It's gone. This powder is silky, sunny and a little bit glamourous - just exactly what I wanted, then! It disappears into your skin quick as a flash and just makes it look better. And no, it doesn't look yellow. I promise. I dab it on with the puff provided and then gently brush outwards with a blusher brush. Perfection. I look bright, freash and naturally gorgeous! I am in love with this product, and if they ever discontinue it I will cry.

on 3/1/2007 2:23:00 AM

Yes it's yellow, get over it. My winter-ravaged skin looked less like it had been attacked by sandpaper wielding lemmings and remotely resembled my 3-year old niece's flawless complexion. BeneFit's names are dumb, their SAs are dumber, but this decoction is inexplicably scandalous; not as flashy as my hideously expensive, yet to-die-for Chanel Sun loose powder (now discontinued), but equally glamorous on my skin. I have no idea what to do with the included pancake disc that's vainly aspiring to be a puff, I used a separate powder brush, and WHAM! Chanel is so dead.

on 1/29/2007 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder sure is yelloooooow!
If you have olive skin with yellow undertones, and happen to have a few bottles of foundation that don't look just QUITE right (ending up looking too beige, rosey, grey-ish after taking it home), then this is the product for you.
This is NOT to be used on bare skin - unless you dig the freaky-clown look.
I used to buy Physician's formula powder corrector in yellow but they stopped distributing for some reason. So I tried out this one.
Layed over foundation, it will even out skin tone, redness, and balance out minor color mismatch when it comes to foundation. I dust it with a foundation brush, not with the little puff in the container, to get a flawless finish and even out redness. This is not in any way a coverage powder, any serious redness needs to be addressed before applying this. No oil control - oily skin gals will need retouching during the day whether using this or not. But it does make for an even finish. For the price though, if you still have Physician formula in your area, it's much more cheaper and does the job just as good as this one.

on 1/27/2007 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure about this product yet. In theory it should be fantastic- I love the idea of being able to brush this over my makeup and instantly reduce redness however I've found that if sufficient care isn't taken it can look quite yellow and give a sort of jaundiced appearance. It also seems to stick to my concealer a lot better than my foundation and so it accumulates there highlighting the areas I most want to hide. Having said this it does make my skin appear very clear and it has a very good light texture, I may have to update after a little more usage.
EDIT: love this stuff, I have a new brush and the technique down to a fine art, and now it's absolutely perfect- I'm adding two points!

on 1/23/2007 1:08:00 AM

This product is definitely a must for me (almost of HG status). It really does reduce redness, it evens out my complexion, and, surprisingly, it never makes my skin yellow. I use a blush brush to apply it because the poof that it came with is close to useless for my needs.

I was looking for a powder to go with the "some kind of goregous" foundation faker i had recently bought from benefit. Well this is not the one i should have went for. It was a complete waste of 22 dollars. I thought the yellow would be a sheer tint to cancel out reddness, but i have tried all sorts of brushes, kabuki, blush brush, dusting brush...and no matter what i do i turn a sickening yellow tone. the only good i can get from the product is if i apply my foundation, then put this powder on, and then blush, and then another powder to even out the yellow...but i still look funny then. complete waste of money! in the department store light, it didn't look so bad...but anywhere else...horrifying!

on 11/22/2006 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

LOVE love love this stuff! I needed a new loose powder but hadn't tried a yellow one before even though the idea intrigued me so I gave it a shot. What a difference.... It's very finely milled, soft, sheer and never cakes up or turns color. It does minimize my slight redness and evens my skin out, gives a lovely almost candle-lit glow while minimizing pores AND controlling my semi-oily T-zone when applied over foundation (or even just moisturizer for minimal days) with a big powder brush (I used my own, didn't get theirs). Isn't shiny, glittery or shimmery, just a nice soft finish. Totally worth the price IMO. I may never go back to 'regular' tinted loose powders again.

on 10/16/2006 5:39:00 PM

i really like this product, it goes on light and smooth. you can get other application tools to apply it with if you don't like the puff it comes with. it blends into my skin very well. sometimes i may look yellow if i put too much on, but the right amount goes a long way. i've had this product for months and it seems like i'll never run out despite daily use.

Recommended for Normal Skin