OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

on 5/5/2012 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This does look black with two coats on me, with one thick coat it's quite a nice dark purple though. It looks AMAZING on my toes, which is rare. I think the formula is good, and it doesn't seem to stain my nails noticeably without an undercoat. Will repurchase if nothing else takes my fancy.

on 4/26/2012 7:55:00 PM

I really want to love this nail polish, but I don't. It's not bad, but I don't find the formula as good as other OPI nail polishes I own. It's quite streaky and I feel like I need a ridge filler underneath and topcoat. (I think I've jumped on the sorbet jelly bandwagon which I love the finish of)
Having said that, the colour is very nice. I was looking for something that was almost black but with more depth than flat black (which can look a bit cheap), and this definitely ticks that box.

on 4/11/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the color in the bottle, looks like a gorgeous, perfect dark, vampy purple. Unfortunately, this comes out black on my (natural) nails. I see a bit of purple only when holding my fingers into very bright light, other than that - just black. Pity. Then again, I have the same issue with other "almost black"-colors, e.g. Royal Rajah Ruby. I won't repurchase. The quality, however, is great, as you can expect from an OPI polish, goes on streak-free, opaque in one thick or two thin coats. It deserves 5 lippies for quality, but 1 for color, so to be fair, I give it 3. Price is OK if bought in the US, I paid 8.50$ (even though I sometimes buy polishes at a place where they cost only 5$, which is definitely more than OK). I never buy them in Switzerland, where I live, as they cost 4-5 times that, which is not justified, even for OPI.

LOOOOOVE this color. it does look almost black, but not 100%, so it works well on my pale skin-kind of how dark gray eyeliner can be more flattering than black. it wears well under a topcoat for me, and i love how it looks. i did definitely need 2 coats to achieve opacity.

This is a staple nail polish for me. I have several nail polishes, but this shade is so wonderful. You don't need a top or base coat and it goes on smoothly. Sometimes one coat will do it, usually two. It does chip fairly easily.

on 2/15/2012 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this on my toes and over Lincoln Park at Midnight. This is a darker deep purple compared to LPAT, which is slightly lighter with fine shimmers. On toes, it look almost black. I love the vampy look, with a super shining top coat, is sophisticated and chic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great staple for fall and winter. LPAD is aptly named since the color IS so dark. Anyone expecting this color to be more purple than black will be disappointed (EDIT: If you are looking for a similar color that is lighter and plummier I would suggest NYC Battery Park Purple or ChG Urban Night). It's almost more of a soft black with a hint of plum purple. It looks very dramatic on pale skin. The formula was pretty good on this color - a bit streaky on the first coat but opaque by the second. It wears well on me like most OPIs. The only reason this color doesn't get a perfect score is because I've seen several less expensive dupes. The only reason I'd repurchase is because I like the bottle and brush.

on 2/1/2012 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my absolute favourite nail polish of all time! It goes on so nicely and easily, the colour is a deep purple, and goes with everything. It also has a bit of sparkle in it, so it looks pretty in the light. I love everything by OPI, but this is by far my favourite!

on 1/31/2012 9:51:00 AM

One of my favourite nail colours of all time! Very versatile colour, can go with many different looks.

on 1/30/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another beauty - this is my favourite 'black'. I call it black because at first glance it is, but as you look you can clearly tell it's purple. Either way it's gorgeous and looks great when I want to wear something a bit different.

Top Rated OPI Products