OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

I bought this at ULTA a few days ago on a whim, just looking to meet the $17 mark and get another OPI nail polish from ULTA's exclusive collection for free. I was very pleasantly surprised by this color! I absolutely love it, the formula is amazing! Almost a one coater for me. As it was drying I found myself staring at my nails, I literally couldn't stop looking! LPAD is darker than the majority of my polishes, and I love its dark plummy yumminess!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my top three favourite nail polishes, definitely. Lincoln Park After Dark is an extremely deep shade of plum that's borderline black; a true 'vampy' colour if I've ever seen one. It reminds me of something that Dracula would love to see being worn by his mistress upon her long, austere nails. I love pairing this with a sparkly polish over the top (Revlon Scandalous namely - this combo reminds me of the galaxy) Pair a great staple colour with amazing OPI formula and I'm sold. Loooving this.

Have this in a mini bottle. I expected to see some hints of purple in this when spied on the nail but to me it just looked pure black. I was disappointed as I was considering getting the full bottle but that won't be happening. Yes it's steeaky and it needs a few coats but that's not as issue for me.

This is hands (nails?) down my favourite dark polish. I always found that black washed out my hands and made me look pasty. A coworker of mine that also wears reds and dark colours bought this one for me for my birthday and it has been a staple since. Need to obtain the Matte version at some point. :)

I really like this color. The darkest I usually wear as far as nail polishes go, are dark burgandy colors. My HG got discontinued, so I was looking for something close to that color. This isn't exactly it, but it's similar with few differences. From reading some of the other reviews, I was worried this was going to come out looking black on my nails (which is something I don't want). Actually, this didn't look black on me at all. I could distinctly tell the clear difference that this was a dark purple, NOT black. Which all in all, is what I was going for. I only needed 2 coats for this to become true to the color in the bottle. This also left my nails shiny & glossy without using a top coat. This color is more of a fall/winter color. But, I like it so much that I might use it again in the summer. Overall, great color & I would definitely buy this one again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It's the perfect dark for me. I love that dark aubergine colour that's almost black. I've never attempted to apply this polish on my own. Like other dark colours, I will only get it done in the salon to get that perfect look. Only two coats will do that.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This does look black with two coats on me, with one thick coat it's quite a nice dark purple though. It looks AMAZING on my toes, which is rare. I think the formula is good, and it doesn't seem to stain my nails noticeably without an undercoat. Will repurchase if nothing else takes my fancy.

I really want to love this nail polish, but I don't. It's not bad, but I don't find the formula as good as other OPI nail polishes I own. It's quite streaky and I feel like I need a ridge filler underneath and topcoat. (I think I've jumped on the sorbet jelly bandwagon which I love the finish of)
Having said that, the colour is very nice. I was looking for something that was almost black but with more depth than flat black (which can look a bit cheap), and this definitely ticks that box.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the color in the bottle, looks like a gorgeous, perfect dark, vampy purple. Unfortunately, this comes out black on my (natural) nails. I see a bit of purple only when holding my fingers into very bright light, other than that - just black. Pity. Then again, I have the same issue with other "almost black"-colors, e.g. Royal Rajah Ruby. I won't repurchase. The quality, however, is great, as you can expect from an OPI polish, goes on streak-free, opaque in one thick or two thin coats. It deserves 5 lippies for quality, but 1 for color, so to be fair, I give it 3. Price is OK if bought in the US, I paid 8.50$ (even though I sometimes buy polishes at a place where they cost only 5$, which is definitely more than OK). I never buy them in Switzerland, where I live, as they cost 4-5 times that, which is not justified, even for OPI.

LOOOOOVE this color. it does look almost black, but not 100%, so it works well on my pale skin-kind of how dark gray eyeliner can be more flattering than black. it wears well under a topcoat for me, and i love how it looks. i did definitely need 2 coats to achieve opacity.

Top Rated OPI Products