Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (w/w 7.7%), Octinoxate (w/w 3%), Avobenzone (w/w 1%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Talc, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Laureth-4 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 6/27/2010 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So, after reading the glowing reviews on this I gave it a shot. Straight out of the bottle, it was way too dark, way too cakey, and looked ridiculous. This isn't so much tinted moisturizer as it's actually a foundation.
I gave up on it for a bit until I decided to mix it with a regular facial moisturizer. And it worked a whole lot better. In fact, it's now a no-brainer HG product, I just throw it on with the added moisturizer and am ready to go without concealer or powder.
For the price, you really can't go wrong. Even if it takes a little experimentation.

on 6/23/2010 4:49:00 PM

When I read the reviews for this product, i was shocked! Everyone seems to like this product so much, but i did not like it at all! It was not much of a tinted moisturizer, it's much more like a sheer foundation. I got the shade in natural. It does not blend very well for me, and there are always streaky lines. It's also very cakey! I tried blending with a brush, with my hands, and with a makeup sponge! It's also not very long lasting. I would not repurchase this product.
*******************************************************
Edit! so, a couple months after my last review, which I gave a rating of 1, I experimented more with this product and like it a little more now. It's still now the best, but it's alright. The colour suits me better now that I've lost my tan. It's not the greatest at blending, but a little goes and long way to prevent it from looking cakey. I actually have been using this occasionally!

on 6/14/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why is it that when everyone else loves something, it doesn't work for me? I found this TM to be heavy and cakey on my skin, just like a full coverage foundation! It also made my pores look very obvious and it was difficult to blend. It had a weird smell, too, so maybe I got a bad one. I also ended up with a mild breakout the next morning, but I do have acne prone/sensitive skin. On the plus side, it did last through my mad dash from the car to the movie theater during a rain storm, so it's pretty stout stuff. But if you have irritable skin, I don't recommend.

on 6/14/2010 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm over 60 and think this is the best product of its kind.

on 6/11/2010 6:47:00 PM

I can't believe the price because this works better then any other Tm i have tried. My skin has been really dry lately and my HE foundation has been very flakey looking. I saw a review of this from vintage or tacky and i gave it a shot. I am sure glad i did I will continue to buy this and use maybe even beyond the summer months. great if you dont need a lot of coverage.

on 6/11/2010 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a great summer foundation! While I love my winter foundation it was looking too heavy as the weather started heating up. This little gem is sheer and light but covers very well without looking like a mask. I have to be careful with foundation (especially in the summer) because my skin is mature and things can start looking cakey real fast. This product can be layered for more coverage and still look very natural. The previous poster was spot on that it feels light, like you're not wearing any makeup at all! Staying power is pretty good, too. There are only 4 (maybe 5) shades to choose from and I couldn't find the exact shade to match but I had great success mixing two shades, natural and sunkissed, for the perfect match! I never thought I'd be singing their praises but I'm so impressed with wet and wild! I get a seriously beautiful application that rivals any highend makeup line with their color Icon eyeshadows, blushes and this sheer foundation! I found that by using a brush to apply this foundation gives it an airbrushed, flawless finish. Love Love Love it!

on 6/11/2010 12:04:00 PM

Let's not call this a TM because it's more like a sheer foundation. It has some coverage and it's not really moisturizing since it has a matte finish. Natural is probably close to NC25 and Sunkissed is NC35-40. I have both but I find Sunkissed too dark for my NC30 skin. I prefer Natural for color. The quality is excellent for what you pay. Texture is ligh but with some coverage buildable to maybe a medium coverage. The feel on the skin is amazing, feels like your skin, just better, not heavy at all. I love this.

on 6/1/2010 11:20:00 AM

I LURRRRVVE this stuff! I read the reviews on here and decided to try it out. I can see how the shades might not match some people, but I have this in Natural and it matches my skin really good. I keep this in my purse for when I need makeup in a hurry. I usually just apply it with my fingers, because, like I said before, I normally use it when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do a full face. I really wish they had more shades though. But overall it is a good product and great price too! It gives great coverage and it has SPF 15 too. I will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe that I paid $3.99 at Walgreens for this, after spending countless dollars on foundations, concealers, tinted moisturizers, and mineral makeup over the past 25 years.

I bought this on the recommendation of the posters on makeupalley, and I am indeed surprised.

I am 39, have oily skin, yet also have wrinkly skin around my eyes, and wrinkly eyelids from over-tanning. Not only did this make my pores disappear, this also did not make my wrinkles look worse, or dried out, or chalky.

It did not make me oily, and it did cover redness. This was not heavy coverage, but just enough-what you would expect from a tinted moisturizer. If I wanted a heavy foundation I would have bought one.

This is perfect! I am going to go and stock up before it gets discontinued or something equally ridiculous. Thanks to all of the reviewers for sharing such a great product, and thanks, W&W for making such a great makeup that is affordable too!

on 5/12/2010 4:28:00 AM

I bought this based on the reviews here and am not disappointed - plus was not easy to get in Oz, had to use evil bay!

I am Chanel Clare or 20 foundation so am quite fair with freckles. I wanted something that was quick to apply, helped my dru skin and looked good enough to go back to work post the gym, and here it is!

Was a smaller bottle than I expected? But still good value for money.

Does give more coverage than your usual tinted moisturiser but I like this. Did not oxidise or cake on my skin. I just brushed some bronzer over and looked like my make up I had put on in the morning.