Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 1/5/2013 4:16:00 PM

Fantasy is so over-the-top, in packaging and in scent, that despite my better judgment (and its tepid, two-star dismissal in Turin and Sanchez' guide to perfumes) I just LOVE it! Yes, it is a sugar rush, especially in the topnotes; but as far as gourmand scents go, Fantasy is a top-notch composition. Best rendition of vanilla buttercream I've encountered, and made fancier and more adult with the addition of orchid, iris, and powdery woods. The entire effect is utterly pillow-soft and seamless. Just heavenly.

I wear this quite often-- enough that I reorder the shower gel and lotion when I run out. The EDP itself lasts eons-- do not overspray! A one-ounce bottle of EDP lasts me over a year. Two half-sprays at the nape of my neck and one in my cleavage gives me the yummy waftage I seek; any more and I'm veering into migraine territory.

Yes, the bottle is total Vegas overload, but I love that, too. And yes, Fantasy has a certain Mall-of-America familiarity about it-- it is perhaps the reference gourmand celeb-u-scent among hundreds of them. But it does the job best, and I can't get enough.

on 12/27/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been in my perfume collection since it came out and is one of my favorites!!

I like the sweet sugary yummilicious scent!! On me it does die down to a sexy sweet scent and my husband loves this perfume on me!

I loved this scent in ghigh school for its sexy sweetness, but my opinion has since changed. I have my 2nd bottle of this and decided to wear it today. Its lasting power is really impressive, unfortunately, couldn't stand the scent itself! I would actually be willing to give this away to someone who really wanted it, because this spicy musky edp is no longer a welcome addition to my collection :(

on 12/27/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Yet another reviewer here who is embarrassed to admit that Britney Spears Fantasy is a guilty pleasure.
To me this is a sweet vanilla scent with a hint of spice and a dash of muskiness. There is a very light soapiness to it and a bit of powderiness as well, and I think I detect some sort of berry. Bare with me here, I am not at all versed in how to describe perfumes nor detecting notes, but the above description seems to best describe how this scent mingles with my chemistry.
I find the sweetness cloying and almost nauseating upon first spray but it dies down it turns into a warm comforting scent. I would be thrilled if the nozzle dispensed less perfume, as I seem to like this scent best after about an hour or so of wearing it as the strength seems to die down and bit and I am left with a soft sweet fragrance that is does not scream "I am wearing a perfume!" - something I find comforting while wearing when alone and rather sexy while if I am out with friends or on a date.
There is something about wearing this perfume on a late summer night that just feels perfect.
My quest for my Holy Grail perfume continues. In high school CKOne was my go-to, smelling it as an adult turns my stomach. In university I discovered Calvin Kline Obsession Night and I wore that for quite some time, until it began smelling like pencil shavings to my nose, a sad development in deed. I then discovered Coco Mademoiselle, something I still break out on date nights but I dont love it as much as I once did, I think it has simply become a sentimental favorite. Every now and then I will turn to Fantasy and reprehend myself for not wearing nearly as often as I should. I have had my bottle for at least three years now and every time I wear it, I love it. I also have to admit that the tacky bottle has also grown on me but shhh, dont tell anyone I said that.

on 12/18/2012 10:52:00 PM

I am officially addicted to Fantasy despite being a past-30-year-old non girly-girl, and owning about 80 fragrances, most of which are niche and designer.
Fantasy in a nutshell is tart fruits dipped in white chocolate frosting, paired with wispy florals and a low hum of sensual musk. I bought it on a whim as a cheap thrill and the combination initially smelt way too sweet and heady for me, so imagine my surprise when I started reaching past the Lutens and Malles and grabbing this over-the-top, crystal-studded magenta bottle daily. There's a strange waxy, fleshy butteriness (probably the orris) underpinning the intense sweetness, which I adore and haven't found in any other scent.
Most scents wear close to the skin and don't last on my dry skin, but I'd say Fantasy is definitely better than average. My nose did adjust to the sweetness over time, and I no longer find it heavy or sugary although I try to remind myself that others still might.
[Update] Pink Sugar Sensual is similar, but a touch less fruity and sweet, with a warmer brown-sugar note. I like both, but if you want something a little "quieter" and less girly than Fantasy, give PSS a try.

on 12/5/2012 5:31:00 PM

I really LOVE this perfume! This is just something I've fallen in love with along the years. This loveaffair started 2009 when my best friend had all these perfumes, and she isn't a real perfume lover like I'm, so she gave it to me. Back then I didn't care much for perfumes, so it sat on my dresser for 6 months, and then (without thinking about it or even smelling it) I just started to use it daily, and it rained compliments from friends and family. So, I ran out of it and didn't really mind. Few month later I smelled the empty bottle, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I had to buy it!
It's a gorgeous perfume, it's strong and cupcakey, maybe too strong for some people, but for me it's perfect. It's a warm and cosy sweet fragrance, it's comforting and inviting, it's perfect. Some sugar, white chocolate and kiwi, freshly baked cupcakes and alot of warmth.
And even my picky-nosed boyfriend actually loves it! He "hates" strong perfumes in general, but I sprayed some on his shirt for fun and when he went home, he had wondered what the heck it was that smelled so good... It was Fantasy. :) So that made me happy, so, soon I and Fantasy are celebrating our 4 year anniversary, and I've not gotten sick of it yet. I ran out of it again a couple weeks ago, now I've repurchased it again. Old is gold! <3

on 11/24/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't get the hype about this perfume. I bought it at Walmart and thought I would like it as I really enjoy a lot of gourmand perfumes. This wore terribly on me, and it disappeared within 20 minutes. My body chemistry sucks up fragrances though so it's not surprising. Smelled cheap. Not a fan.

on 11/22/2012 8:26:00 PM

I was really skeptical about this fragrance but I was pleasantly surprised by the scent. To me, this smells very fruity at first, then it turns floral, and the dry down is a mild sweet vanilla. It actually smells fresh to me. It's not too strong on my skin and lasts a good amount of time.

I'm not a fan of the bottle though, it looks tacky.

on 11/19/2012 9:38:00 PM

This was my favourite perfume for few months. I used to generously spray it on my body because it was affordable and then it got over. I then purchased a 100 ml and to my surprise it was not smelling as mush as my 30 ml did. Then I moved on to another perfume and forgot about this totally till few days back, a girl was sitting next to me in the train, who had this perfume on. I immediately recognized the smell and then it turned from sweet smelling to nauseatingly sweet cotton candy. then soon I was covering my nose because I was was getting a headache.
So my verdict on this is after few years you will get over this perfume and then one day you will wonder at your own bad taste.

on 11/19/2012 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I looooooove it. Its so sweet and delicious. My husband has even asked me, 'what perfume is that?its very nice'.