July 10, 2014 | 2093 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jessilane83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually love aveeno products. Normally I use the clear completion line, but my derm recently put me on tazorac. My skin is very dry and sensitive and can no longer tolerate that line. So I was super excited to try this( being ultra calming).... My skin need calm, lol. this was not the case. After one use my face was more red, more sensitive, and itchy!!! And worse yet, the one thing that did have a soothing effect on my face (cerave moisturizing cream) stung my face so bad when I put it in that it brought tears to my eyes!!! It calmed down after about a min or 2, but the redness and itching lasted half the night. I guess I will have to stick to cetaphil for now( as it is the only cleanser I can seem to tolorate right now), just doesn't remove makeup very well... I really wanted to love this, and had very high hopes. I do not have any allergies ie.. Ragweed or chamomile, (related to the feverfew in this) but I don't think my skin likes the feverfew as I had a similar reaction when I used eucerin redness relief line:(... Just a heads up... Defiantly do not use this if you are allergic to ragweed or chamomile, and even if you are not still use caution.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really gentle cleanser! I found it perfect during the winter months because it doesn't strip your skin and make it feel like a mask. It didn't anger my acne (cystic) either. I didn't like the packaging, it seemed sort of chinsy. I don't think I would recommend this for people with oily skin though during the summer, as this may not be harsh enough for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by debo409

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product. I have been using the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer for months so I thought this cleanser was a no brainer. I'm trying to give my face a break from BP products, retin-a, etc..This was the only new thing I added to my routine. I used it once. I liked how it felt, it didn't make my face tight afterwards, etc..the next morning I had a red patch on the side of my face, the next day it wasnt as red but I had a huge cystic acne bump on my chin, I havent gotten those in I don't even remember how long, today the pimple is much smaller, thanks to BP, and the red patch is even redder. I'm thinking its a hive or something, going to the derm today to find out. So I won't be using this stuff ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off, I've tried the Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, and I liked it a lot. I just stopped using it because my skin doesn't need salicylic acid so I've switched to other cleansers. My skin is normal, but becomes tight when not moisturized with any cleanser (isn't that most of the MUA population?). My skin has redness, but it isn't sensitive though. Anyway, I came back to a foaming cleanser by Aveeno because I felt as if it cleanses the best for my skin. This is a hit! I love this cleanser. I feel as if it calms my redness a bit (no cleanser is going to calm my redness completely though) and softens it. The pump packaging is amazing, and if I ever drop this cleanser, which tends to drop a lot since I'm quite clumsy in the morning, it always stays intact. I usually cleanse twice a day (unless I'm lazy which suprisingly, I haven't been lately) and then I moisturize. Aveeno cleansers usually last me about 4-5 months so I'm going to repurchase when I finish this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

71% would repurchase, really?! I am bewildered. The only thing I like is the packaging. I am glad it works for you all but for me- it does not come close to what I would consider cleaning my skin- and really my skin is nothing special, as close to normal for winter as it has ever been. This "cleanser" leaves it dry and barely surface cleans even on very light makeup days. Surprising since I have been satisfied with other Aveeno products in the past.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by krktoday

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for 5 years. Love it. Every bottle I have ever had the cap has broke before it was half used so I have to buy another bottle. I wrote to the company and sent two pictures of the broken tops and asked if they couldnt make them a little better. There response was because I didn't send them the bar codes they wouldn't be doing anything about it. I sent in one barcode. I had already thrown away the other bottle but I never heard back from them. I will no longer pump any money into this company because they don't care about the comsumer as long as they get their money

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great gentle cleanser. Removes makeup well and rinses CLEAN (no residue). Love the foaming action, will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Logan

This light cleanser is surprisingly effective at removing makeup. I wear foundation and powder and it removes both without causing tightness or irritation. I also like that it rinses cleanly, without leaving a film that other cleansers can leave behind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I don't consider myself to necessarily have 'sensitive' skin, but during the colder months my combo/oily skin turns combo/dry in a matter of days. I switch up my cleansing routine to accomodate for the dryness and redness I get during the fall/winter.

This lightweight foamy cleanser works wonders to remove face makeup (I only wear loose mineral, so I recommend using another cleanser if you wear liquid) and it calms down the redness too.

I also use the ultra calming moisturizer after using this cleanser and my face feels clean, hydrated and refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry and sensitive skin and I LOVE this face wash. I have hardly had any pimples pop up since using this and it really does sooth/ calm my face. I started using it a lot when my face started drying out and it really helped it. It says unscented but that doesn't mean there's no smell. It has a weird smell that I didn't like at first but I actually came to really like it. I feel like it smells kind of almond-y and clean. I use 1 pump when I wash my face in the morning and I use 2 pumps at night if I have any makeup on. It takes it all right off. I gave the package a 4 simply because my pump broke and I have to pull it back up manually every time I push it down, which is sort of a nuisance. But nothing that would stop me from repurchasing this. I am not going to say this is the best in the world but I came out seriously happy with this and plan to buy another bottle (: