August 21, 2014 | 985 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

undecided about this. Used it twice a day for about 4 weeks and did notice that i wasnt losing as many lashes, but the increase in lentgh was minimal as was the fullness. I was hoping for more. I then switched to using it every other day for a couple of weeks just to help keep the lash loss to a minimal. Just brought Revlon Grow Luscious mascara, so will stop using the ardell whilst I try this. will review that one in a few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Aniger86

I bought my for close to USD10 where I reside and I gather its much cheaper if purchased in the States. Amongest several eyelash essence I've used, I like this the least. The essence is extremely thin it only barely coats the lashes after several coats of application (my is a new tube just recently purchased). Application is difficult and tedious, even very annoying for me because I had to repeatedly pump the wand to get the product out and no matter how many coats I apply on the lashes, it looks like there's barely anything on them because the gel is sooo thin.

How I use the product: The instruction at the back of the package says to apply and leave on overnight. I do not do this with lash essences as they tend to irritate my eyes if l sleep in them, so I apply them thickly and leave them on for some half to one hour and rinse off, this seems to work well for all lash essences I've used, I don't feel it deters the lashes growth. However, with Ardell, I have to leave it on for longer periods, at least an hour or two to get similar effect.

I usually use lash growth essence after I remove my mascara at the end of the day as mascara makes my lashes brittle and breaks them. So far, I've not used this essence after mascara removal so I can't say how well it works for that purpose. For normal use when I'm not wearing mascara, it seems to works fine and makes my lashes longer and fuller, but I reckon the real test comes when I use it in conjunction with mascara. Also, this product smells funny I think, all of the others I've used before were frangrance free. They include Talika Lipocils, Mavala, Canmake, L'Action Cosmetique, and I feel they have all fared better than Ardell so its unlikely I would re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Cellardoor367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my eyebrows, but I also applied it to my lashes. A few years ago I over plucked the top part of my brows until there wasnt enough to make an arch. (eek!) As my brows grew back I ended up with two bare spots above each brow. For a while I wondered whether there was anything there or if I had just imagined it because it had been so long since the hair was there.

I applied this every morning and every night, I have been using it for a month and a half now. After about two weeks I noticed little bits of hair growth where my bare patches had been, I also noticed strays below my brow were growing very fast, and the inner corners. I cannot even express my excitement- it's been so long since I have had full brows! At about 2.5 weeks the growth was noticeably longer - and there was more hairs popping up. (This is around the time I noticed my lashes looked a little longer, but I stopped using it on my lashes because it made my lids very itchy.)

It's been a month and three weeks now of daily use and the growth seems to have slowed down some, I was hoping more growth would keep showing up but I still have noticeable patches. I will keep using this until its gone because the growth that has appeared seems to be getting longer. I have not noticed any thickening or darkening of the brow hairs.

The only thing I do NOT like about it at all s the packaging. Its awful, everytime I pull the wand out I waste 3-4 applications worth of gel. So I stopped taking the wand out, instead I just pull it out partially and get the gel on my fingers, then apply to my brows. If I was pulling the wand out this tube would be gone by now I'm sure.

*UPDATE*
It's been almost two more weeks since I reviewed this. I have noticed some more growth on the inner corners of my brows and the outer ends. At first I thought a stray or two had popped up at the ends but more followed and now my brows are actually longer at the ends! (YAY) I am still not satisfied with the fullness of my brows, the bald patches in the middle had been growing in but now that growth seems to have slowed. The product is nearly gone because much of it is wasted due to poor packaging. Will update again when it's gone.

*UPDATE*
I got another tube of this in a RAOK, and when I opened it and pull the wand out- almost no product came out! Turns out the last tube was broken and I never realized it. I would almost say now there is too little product, but that might be because I was using gobs of it. Keep in mind when you've finished this review- I used much more than directed because of manufacturer error, this might affect results. (I am STILL getting new growth slowly appearing all over my brows).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by xxhelenaxx

Not bad. I bought it for my brows and was disappointed because it either didn't seem to make a big difference or else encouraged stray hairs to grow at a faster rate, outside the brow line, no matter how conscientiously I tried to apply it. On my lashes, however, my already moderately long/plentiful lashes (light brown, not naturally curly, and thus, not particularly noticeable without mascara) actually grew noticeably (nothing big, but I could tell a difference) and seemed thicker. A couple new lashes seemed to sprout as well. I recommend putting it on the way you would a regular mascara, zig-zagging it from root/base of the lashes to the tips.

I don't think you could wear it to work or anything...it flakes a little and irritates eyes a little (though, to be fair, I bought my bottle many months ago).

When you finish the bottle, save and wash the big, lush application brush for the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovejajangmyun

For an Asian girl, I have pretty long lashes but sparse eyebrows. I wasn't expecting much from this but after only 2 weeks of using this, I can tell quite a difference! On my lower lashes, about 4-5 hairs (per eye) are growing! The top is more difficult to tell but I have noticed that near the corner of my eye, there are new hairs growing as well. It also made my lashes/eyebrows darker which is a big plus.

Maybe it's working well for me because my lashes are already quite long and healthy. I bought one for my mom (whose lashes are very short and whose eyebrows are also sparse). I'll let you know how it turns out for her in the future.

Downside? I'm beginning to see the dark circles effect

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by hanarox444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this not really expecting to see results, but figuring that it was so cheap I may as well try it out. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did make a difference. Sure, it wasn't a huge difference, but it worked. My brows had experienced an unflattering waxing, but with this they seemed to recover far quicker than expected. I also tried it out on my lashes, and they too grew a bit faster. Plus it seemed to condition my lashes quite nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by skylinejewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am guilty of over plucking in the past. Now I am left with thin, sparse eyebrows. This product helped them grow back a tiny bit, but they are definitely more strong. Usually when I wash my face and wipe with a towel, some would fall out but not anymore. It hasn't improved anything for my lashes though. I don't like the brush applicator it comes with because it doesn't really feel like there's any product on there and it's hard to get the tiny lashes. I'll continue to use this on my brows because its cheap (I got 3 for $10 online) but will continue using L'oreal's eyelash boosting serum for my lashes (even though I don't entirely get the results I want from that either).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by keco52

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff works! I've noticed a huge difference in my brows. Not so much my eyelashes but I didn't buy it for my lashes so that's ok. The only con is I wish it came with a mascara wand instead of the tiny brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

so. this is a good starter product if youre new to lash treatments. ive been using this for about 5 months and while i was skeptical, it does work. it works as well as you could hope for a $4 lash treatment. i have trichotillomania which is the compulsive disorder of pulling out my eyelashes. this doesnt mean i yank out health ones, but i always find myself gently tugging my lashes to root out the ones that are ready to fall out. this started bc i have problematic eyes and my lashes usually fall into them which i find painful and/or my eyes always have the feeling of a lash in them. anyway, so my lashes on one eye is noticeably thinner than the other and while i didnt expect this product to GROW my lashes, i did expect it to at least condition and prevent lash loss. so overall im pleased with this product, it does thicken lash but we're not talking latisse or lilash here. i notice less loose lashes when i tug at them and they are darker. to test this theory out, ive been putting this on my brows at night and they are darker and fuller than before. one tube lasts a long time, not a big fan of the mascara-like wand bc i think itd be much more effective if i could get it in the roots of the lashes. while i do like this, i think it has plateaued for me and i will upgrade to a slightly better product- maybe the l'oreal one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this product off and on for about 2 years but began using it again for the past few months after taking off my eyelash extensions. The extensions caused some minor wear and tear on the ends of my lashes and so I would apply the gel on my lashes 1-2 times a day, once in the morning and again before bed. I can't comment enough on how much of a difference this product has made on my lashes. They are significantly longer and stronger. They also don't fall out as often as they used to. I would also apply the gel on my bottom lashes because they were nearly nonexistent and I can't believe how long they've gotten. This truly is an amazing product.