Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Nice product. It definitely made my lashes a bit longer and curlier. Although, some of my lashes are strangely straight pointing down, and some of them are curled straight upwards.
Like another user said, make sure you apply from the root to make it work.
My mascara looks so dramatic on my eyes now :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok So im half asian and unfortunately I have asian eyelashes short and thin so I bought this Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel and I love it! It makes my lashes thicker, fuller, conditioned, and longer a lot of people say that is doesn't make you lashes longer but it does if you do it the right way. In order for this to work for growth make sure you apply this to the ROOT of your lashes cause this is how you hair grows. I usually take a Q-tip or cotton swab take the stopper out the mascara dip a Q-tip in the mascara and apply it to the root of my top and bottom lashes this makes my lashes grown you dont have to use a Q-tip that's just what I do it you can use the mascara wand just make sure it gets put on the roots of your lashes. My lashes actually touch the lens of my glasses which it never use to do before. I have been using this night and day everyday after I wash my face I use to skip a lot of days before and it obviously didn't work as well as it does now so make sure you use this on a daily bases also try your best not to get this in your eyes cause it does sting for me. I have seen dramatic results I have been using this for a year off and on and the last 2 maby 3 months I have been using on a daily basis and I also use this as a base for my mascara I put this on then immediately while its wet put on my L'Oreal mascara if you let the Ardell lash gel dry first then put on your mascara your regular mascara with clump and it will get messy so make sure you apply your regular mascara immediately after you apply this Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

on 1/27/2011 4:56:00 PM

I bought this stuff online because I couldn't find it in the store. It helped with filling in my eyebrows from over plucking. I've been using this with Women's Rogaine trying to fill in gaps in my eyebrows. I've seen an increase in growth, but not in the exact spot I need it to be. I'll keep trying...

on 1/14/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have to say most of why I love this product is because I forgot how sparse my lashes were without it.
About four months ago was when I started using this product every night, and for some reason I decided to stop using it about two months ago. Horrible idea! My lashes became so thin, so I started using it again and am now much more appreciative for what this does for my eyelashes. They're not extremely thick or long, but much thicker than when I'm not using this.
I will say that the first few times of using it, it can be a little irritating to the eyes, but it goes away after the first 2-3 days (for me anyway)
I do give this a 4 though because I don't think it promotes growth so much as just making your lashes stronger so that they don't fall out as quickly as they would normally.

on 12/24/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i have a slightly different review for this product because i can't attest to whether or not it actually helps eyelashes grow. instead, i am reviewing it simply as a conditioner for the lashes that helps them to stay hydrated and in good shape. i have used eyelash-growth products for over 3 years now, starting with Mavala Double Lash and moving onto Talika Lipocils. i liked both of those products and they each helped me to achieve longer, stronger eyelashes when i used them faithfully. however, for the past year i have been using Latisse and so naturally my lashes have grown much longer, darker and thicker in that time. i wanted to continue using a Mavala/Talika type product to care for the actual lashes themselves (instead of just stimulating them to grow with the Latisse), but no longer wanted to spend over $10 on something that i didn't need to do as major of a job. enter Ardell! for me this product has been great, it simply moisturizes and maintains my lashes. i curl my lashes with a hot metal curler everyday of life and wear mascara so my lashes definitely take a beating and i swear by an eyelash conditioner to help them stay strong. this product goes on clear, dries kind of stiff and wipes off easily in the morning with a damp cotton pad. i will continue to buy this product as long as i can find it, which is always a challenge.

on 11/24/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I waited to review and have been using for about 3 months now.

When I used it on my eyelashes I didn't notice any growth because the ends of my eyelashes kept breaking off. This started happening a few weeks after I started using it. It took a few weeks after I stopped using it for them to stop breaking. Before, I used to use it at night on clean eyelashes or on lazy days when I didn't wear mascara. Now the only time I would and do ever use it on my eyelashes is on days when I need them to look perfectly seperated and long (like going to a wedding or special dinner). This is the method: apply to clean and curled eyelashes, let dry completely, then brush out with a lash comb, then apply 2 very thin/blotted coats of mascara. I only do this about twice a month and haven't noticed the breakage happening any more just by using it twice a month.

For my eyebrows I have noticed they are growing in a little thicker . I use it daily and haven't had any breakage of my eyebrow hairs. I apply to clean brows and brush it in with the included brush and they dry perfectly and look really natural like I don't have anything in them but somehow are just naturally perfectly staying in place. I love that.

The smell is kind of funky like something rotting but the cheap price and results it gives my eyebrows more than makes up for it. One tube lasted me 2 months and there was still about half of the product in there, but I changed to a new tube because I'm paranoid about bacteria and have had problems with my sensitive eyes and infections in the past. So anything eye related gets tossed more frequently than non-paranoid people probably have to.

I believe I got 3 tubes for about $10 online so that would last me 6 months, or if I used up all the product in the tube about a year.

I also would like to mention that the mascara wand is great and better than most and that I like that the tube is clear because you always know how much product you have left.

I took one lippy off because it didn't work for my eyelashes and caused them to break off, but only one because it is HG for eyebrows

UPDATE 1/13/11
I just changed this to 5 starts because it has really filled out my brows in areas where they were sparse. I still have them tweezed the same thickness as I used to before I started using it but they look so much better and youthful because they are more filled out. I don't see the little bald line I used to have on one eyebrow either. I have also received a few compliments on my eyebrows which I hadn't heard since I was about 10 years younger because they are now growing the same as they used to back then. I will keep repurchasing.

on 10/26/2010 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I know it's been just a week, but I think my lashes got a bit longer. It used to take me 2-3 curls to get my lashes up, but now it takes four! either my shu uemura curling skills just went up a notch or my lashes are longer! I used to have lopsided lashes - left eyelashes look shorter for some reason, but now my they're starting to catch up! oh yeah. I have a thin space in between my brows before, but it somehow dissappeared! It makes lashes longer, but as far as thickness goes, Im not really sure. im a little surprised that this works on me though. I really thought it was just some stupid hype. No irritations on my eyes! =D yep, will def keep buying. next time I'll make sure to buy LOADS so i can stock up! 6/18/2011: This works as a mascara base too! I used to only use maybelline lash blast, but it doesnt hold a candle to this baby!

on 10/10/2010 11:50:00 AM

UPDATE: Been using it for about 3 months, twice a day without fail. My lashes hit the lenses of my glasses, which they never did before, so it definitely adds a bit of length. They look a bit thicker and more even, too. Still not dramatic results, but enough to make me repurchase, especially at such a reasonable price - and I'm still only halfway through my tube after 3 months!

I've been using this for 4 or 5 weeks, which is possibly not quite long enough to see proper results - I'll update after it's been 3 months if there's any change. The reason I'm reviewing it now, though, is that I think it has already had a beneficial effect on my lashes. I apply it like I would a normal mascara, onto CLEAN lashes after removing my makeup at night and before using my usual mascara in the morning (I think it makes a good base coat). It's important to only apply this to clean lashes or you'll contaminate the whole product when you put the wand back in.
It occasionally makes my eyes sting a little at night if they're feeling particularly sensitive, but never enough to make me wash it off.
The results I think I've noticed are a slight increase in length and fewer lashes falling out. Not much difference in volume so far. My personal theory is that this stuff only helps your lashes to be their best - if your lashes are already long and healthy you might not notice anything different (but in that case why would you be wasting money on this sort of product anyway?). My lashes are naturally a bit weak and spindly, and all different lengths, leaving them a bit gappy-looking sometimes. I'm fairly sure this gel has evened them out, and am encouraged enough by the results so far to keep using it. I have noticed that I try harder not to rub my eyes when I'm wearing this so I don't rub it into my eye, so maybe it's simply that that's making fewer lashes fall out!
If this was expensive I wouldn't repurchase it, given the quite slight results. When I finish this tube I'm going to try using castor oil, but if that doesn't work I'll buy another tube of this.

undecided about this. Used it twice a day for about 4 weeks and did notice that i wasnt losing as many lashes, but the increase in lentgh was minimal as was the fullness. I was hoping for more. I then switched to using it every other day for a couple of weeks just to help keep the lash loss to a minimal. Just brought Revlon Grow Luscious mascara, so will stop using the ardell whilst I try this. will review that one in a few weeks.

on 9/14/2010 11:45:00 PM

I bought my for close to USD10 where I reside and I gather its much cheaper if purchased in the States. Amongest several eyelash essence I've used, I like this the least. The essence is extremely thin it only barely coats the lashes after several coats of application (my is a new tube just recently purchased). Application is difficult and tedious, even very annoying for me because I had to repeatedly pump the wand to get the product out and no matter how many coats I apply on the lashes, it looks like there's barely anything on them because the gel is sooo thin.

How I use the product: The instruction at the back of the package says to apply and leave on overnight. I do not do this with lash essences as they tend to irritate my eyes if l sleep in them, so I apply them thickly and leave them on for some half to one hour and rinse off, this seems to work well for all lash essences I've used, I don't feel it deters the lashes growth. However, with Ardell, I have to leave it on for longer periods, at least an hour or two to get similar effect.

I usually use lash growth essence after I remove my mascara at the end of the day as mascara makes my lashes brittle and breaks them. So far, I've not used this essence after mascara removal so I can't say how well it works for that purpose. For normal use when I'm not wearing mascara, it seems to works fine and makes my lashes longer and fuller, but I reckon the real test comes when I use it in conjunction with mascara. Also, this product smells funny I think, all of the others I've used before were frangrance free. They include Talika Lipocils, Mavala, Canmake, L'Action Cosmetique, and I feel they have all fared better than Ardell so its unlikely I would re-purchase.

Top Rated Lash Treatments