August 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I refused to let fluid eyeliner get the better of me! I bought ones in a tube with a brush, another type of gel one and a separate brush - all to no avail. I tried to keep my hand steady etc but the lines always looked awful or they caked up.

Then I found this and it really works!

I use it with the MAC 266 brush and have a wonderful smooth line from corner to corner with a flick up at the end.

The consistency is wonderful - not too black so it doesn't look harsh.

You do need to practice with fluid eyeliners - I practice just before I take my makeup off at the end of the day - if I mess up - it's coming off anyway!

I know they say a bad craftsman blames his tools - but with a bit of practice and the right tools then you can get a great line!

MAC Fluidline Eyeliner gel is one of those "right tools" - would definately recommend and buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Mica

I like this as an eyeliner because I think black is usually way too harsh for me, but this soft black works. However, I like this product as an eyeshadow base way more. For example, last night I used it as a base with Club eyeshadow on top, and it was great. The dark base really brought out the red and green tones of the eyeshadow. I really like the versatility of this product. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

Although it is rather pricey, I don't mind shelling out the twenty bucks for this eyeliner. It's absolutely smudge/smear proof, and lasts forever! I like that Blitz and Glitz isn't exactly a harsh black, and the flecks of glimmer in here are very subtle. I usually online line my top lid, so I'm not sure as to how to would last on the waterline.

EDIT: over a year of daily usage, I think there's still a good third of the product left, so this stuff definitely lasts! The only thing is that's it hardened quite a bit, which means dipping more, but the staying power of it and everything is still fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first fluidline gel liner and honestly,im not impressed. My WnW worked as well as this & that was only like $3. This is pretty w/ its lil gold flecks and draws a mean cats eye but again so does my WnW. I was advised by the MA that i could use it as a base for my shadow also so ill update this when i try that out. But to me,this is nothing special. Save your dough & buy Wet N Wild or L'Oreal HIP.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by andy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this daily for about a year. It shows up basically black, but a bit of glimmer in the pot. I put it on with the MAC angled liner brush so I can go as thick or thin as I'd like, depending on the occasion. I find it stays put all day - way better staying power than any of their pencil liners. It may fade a bit, but doesn't smudge under my eyes one bit. I bought this in brown and purple as well. A little goes a long way, and I've been using the same pot for the past year - so it has dried up a bit. I find using a drop of saline (contact lens solution or eye drops!) is better than plain water to get it back to a good workable consistency.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I love this fluid line. It seemed like all the make up gurus suggested this one as being a little softer looking than blacktrack and so I went with it. It is perfect for me - not brown but not as harsh as dark black. I love fluidlines and use them for more than just liners. I have Brassy and use it for an eye lid color. Waveline I use in my water line - it looks wonderful! These just look great and last forever! They are easy to use and worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love fluidlines, so i've got not reason to dislike this.
I'd say if you have blacktrack you don't need this! and vice versa.

I have very dark eyes and though people some say you can see the subtle difference between this one and black and i'd agree, but the different is so minescule it's not worth mentioning.
When I look up close at my eyes or my eye mu smudges I can see the little glitters but otherwise no.
I would buy a fluidline again, but i'm more likely to go with blacktrack as I do like the dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You know what I love about cleaning out my make-up drawer when I go home over the holidays? ALL OF THE FABULOUS GEMS I COME ACROSS THAT I FORGOT I EVER OWNED! I re-discovered this a few days ago and decided to give it another whirl over the weekend. Not only did it still give great coverage almost a year since purchase, but it's such a stunning shade against my cool-toned, slightly pink skin. I love that it's not a harsh black and yet it's not a boring "blah" black-brown, either. It's multi-dimensional and truly highlights the eye area quite nicely. I love to pair this with UD's Sin Eyeshadow and swipe this on my upper lashline, creating a classic Cat Eye Look. I definitely recommend this!

Oh, I'd also like to add that using Sonia Kashuks' thin, slanted eyeliner brush makes a WORLD of difference when using this stuff. I tried MAC's angled brush, but it proved to be too difficult. Sonia's brush gives the perfect "winged" look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

This is one of my all time favorite eye products. It is practically smudge-proof once it sets, and the black pigment is softened a bit by the faint gold shimmer added to the gel. To me, Blacktrack looks a little too harsh on me, but Blitz and Glitz is very flattering. Fluidline is also great for those of us who worry about undereye wrinkles, as it glides on without tugging the skin. Well worth the trip to the MAC counter!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by joolz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my daily eyeliner! I love how easy this is to apply and just how it looks on me. It's not sparkly though it's described as having gold specks I believe. I only use this on my upper lashline. In any case, I highly recommend it!