October 25, 2014 | 1943 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by aznfoureyes

I bought it b/c i read fantastic reviews on drugstore.com and people claimed that it made fine lines disappear and pores smaller and whatnot so, i bought one hoping it would get rid of my laugh lines (19 but i laugh way too much) and my HUGE pores on my nose.

It did nothing for me. I put it on every night for a month and I didnt feel any tingling or stinging or any sign that it was working.

I paid probably 18 bucks (shipping fees..gosh) in total for a moisturizer. what a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kookiekrumb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

at first i liked the product but it built up on my skin and caused mega clogged pores. i like Alpha Hydrox products but this one won't be staying in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switched to this from the 10% gel. So happy with it! It absorbs into skin, layers great, can use day or night. I like it a lot better than the gel because of the absorption and that I always feel it is doing something. Makes skin smooth and helps keep it clear. It lasts awhile too. I originally didn't go for it because there were better deals volume-wise with other AH products. It turns out, this is worth the extra $$ to me. Has never caused me any breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by avaietx

Love love love this product! Have only been using it for about a week, and so far my skin feels and looks much more smoother, and softer, pores look much cleaner and smaller, and my skin just looks brighter and glowy!
For my skin it does sting/itch a bit when i first put it on but that goes away after 5 mins,

Atm my skincare regime is proactiv 3 step, aha souffle and spot lightener every morning and night, though only aha at night time, and i have not experienced any irritation or redness.
My skin just feels amazing, will continue to use this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by bettyboopjkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Makes my skin smooth, doesn't break me out and helps heal my pimples. Great product, great price. Packaging needs work though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by enticx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA

For the first 2 weeks, when I applied it, it caused my skin to be so sensitive until it turned red, and minor purging. Iíve read on makeupalley that it does cause breakouts initially, so I hanged in there and continued to apply the cream religiously. It does sting a lot until I couldnít sleep, so instead of twice a day, i applied once every 2 days. For the first two weeks, my face was really really red, but it did smoothen out my skin.

After the first 2 weeks, the redness simmered down, and acne no longer pop out. The only thing was the my skin was still pink because of my acne scars and sun burn. One thing to note about this product that it causes your skin to get sun burn really easily, so please remember to top it up with something spf. I didnít have sunscreen or moisturizer on, and I rarely did put on makeup. As I continued to applied it religiously (2 times daily), it shrinked my large pores on my forehead but also cause it to become really really really dry. My skin peeled pretty badly. I started looking for an alternative moisturizer and I got the Alpha Hydroxy Sheer Silk Moisturizer which has the SPF in it, but all in all, it is not very moisturizing and it still caused a lot of peeling (I have really really oily skin). My recommendation of this moisturizer is that it works in Singaporeís weather where it is humid and hot, but not in SF bay areaís weather where it was cooling and less humid.

My routine for the time I was using this cream was just, a light cleanser (by my dermatologist), this cream, and sometimes the moisturizer.

All in all, this cream helped me with my pimples when I was in california where the atmosphere was less humid than in Singapore. This cream does not work for me when I moved back to Singapore, because I sweat way too much here in Singapore (what worked will be for the next review).

Other places you could get this are: amazon.com, ebay.com, alphahydrox.com site for about $15.

Pro: Affordable, clears up acne, smoothen skin, shrinks pores.
Cons: Sensitive to sunlight, stinging sensation, cause skin to dry up.

More here: http://nicxmu.tumblr.com/

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Angela75

I have been using this product for 2 months, morning and night, and I can verify that there has been a definite improvement in the tone, texture and softness of my skin. And wow, is it soft! My pores are SO much less noticeable and the oily patches in my T-zone are virtually oil free now. I thought i'd have oily skin forever! Thanks to my genetics and heritage my skin was becoming muddy with deep pores and uneven looking, even while using an spf 60 daily for 15 years. Now, my skin looks more like it did ten years ago, lighter, brighter and glowy. The fine lines appearing under my eyes are not gone, but are much softer now. My skin just looks more elastic. The proof came when I examined two photos taken two weeks apart in my girlfriend's kitchen and my skin colour in the second photo is dramatically lighter and brighter than the first photo. Customers at work in the last two weeks comment that I don't look my age at all! I really didn't know what to expect, but now, I don't want to be without this product. My skin did purge the first two weeks for sure, but now, it's behaving beautifully. I don't find it irritating at all. I recommend Alpha Hydrox unreservedly. It's not a miracle, but wow, does it ever refresh my skin.
**extra note: also, if I do break out (once per month, hormones, bah!) the redness and scarring take WAY less time to heal since I started using Alpha Hydrox. Whew! Love that!**

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry sensitive thin skin and I was thinking that maybe chemical exfoliation would be better than physical, though I've never had a problem with physical exfoliation. I also thought it would help fade my acne scars. I was dead wrong. This product burned and stung so bad upon first application. I thought it would go away, but after a month and a half it never did.

I tried using it every other day, that was too much so I tried 2x a week and it was still too much and then once a week. Even at 1x a week it turned my skin into something amphibian like and when I would go outside without mu on the wind and sun felt really harsh on my skin, even with ss! And speaking of ss, this product made my skin incredibly sensitive to chemical ss. To make matters worse it didn't speed up the fading of my acne scars at all. I was incredibly disappointed.

It made my skin softer, but not in a good way. It stripped it of all it's natural protection and my nose and forehead flaked worse than they ever had before. It took a couple months to get my skin back to a healthy state. I don't think it was specifically this product. I've never had any positive reactions to AHA or BHA or Retinols in unnatural forms. I think it's a myth that these products are better for sensitive skin and I would caution anyone with dry sensitive skin to think twice about leaping into to this product.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by thehils

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this about a week, morning and night, and it's made my skin SO soft. I am prone to breakouts and I've had no issue with this whatsoever. Though I was on the fence, I'm glad I got this one and not the oil-free or gel, it's not drying or irritating at all and it's not greasy in the least once it sets in.

One other great thing about this product is that you can use it when you're pregnant, unlike retinoid products and other acids. I'm not sure I will ever go back to retinoids, to be honest. Great product, inexpensive, non-irritating, and clear, soft skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by chinakat9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product faithfully for over a decade and recently I decided to try something different. BIG MISTAKE!!!! My skin started to look dull, dry, and fine lines started to appear. I ran out and purchased another bottle and I swear, my skin improved literally overnight. Love this stuff!