Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

4.1

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

on 12/19/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Love. Been using this on and off for years and keep coming back. It stings a little when you try it for the first time, but the sensation disappears with regular use.

It made a tremendous difference. I had been looking worn out for a year or two because of an illness when I started using this product. It tightened my pores, smoothed out the dark spots on my face and made me look awake. My complexion brightened and I looked younger.

on 12/13/2011 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. I find that it makes my skin really smooth and helps to clear away blackheads. It's very strong, so it can sting and may cause drying of the skin. I'd recommend using this was a good moisturizer with spf.

EDIT:

I reviewed this product years ago, and I have been using it on and off since then. Recently, I had some terrible acne breakouts on both cheeks, something that I'm definitely not used to. I tried all the old acne products I used to turn to as a teen, but those just seemed to irritate my skin more. I started using this product again and, 4 days later, the breakouts have healed! I am amazed!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have waited until I reached the bottom of the jar before writing a review on this product. I have used the 12% souffle every night for approximately 2 1/2 months. I am 37, with combination skin and an oily t-zone, fine lines, sun damage, and large pores.

Two things to know about this product:
#1: YES, it stings. For about five minutes after you apply it, it STINGS. Even after using it for over two months, it still stings. However, after a few minutes the stinging subsides and all is well.
#2: YES, you may purge. I spent about two weeks looking like a pimply faced teenager before my skin started clearing back up. Pimples, cysts, you name it- It happened. I started purging about a week after using it.

Would I repurchase? YES..in fact, I have ordered more of the souffle and additional products in the Alpha Hydrox line. I am now able to wear only a light powder instead of liquid foundation. Previously I always had to use a full coverage foundation to hide my flaws. Clear skin, smoother forehead lines, and smaller pores are the results of this product in my experience. I wish I had found it sooner.

on 11/23/2011 11:35:00 AM

I have used this souffle in conjunction with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash and their Sheer Silk Moisturizer for the last 3 weeks.

Note: I have melasma (pregnancy and birth control mask) which causes brown spotted areas on my face. I also have milia (hard white spots under the skin), and some small skin tags on face and neck.

I have seen a reduction in the melasma -- I now have lighter, brighter skin than I've seen in 5 years. Some milia are coming out of my skin now, and the skin tags are getting smaller, and a few have come off already.

This product is excellent! It does wonders for all the little problematic things that pregnancy and getting older can cause. It's amazing -- this product actually works and fixes my face and neck, and it's really reasonably priced! Wonderful, I love it.

on 11/19/2011 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just a little tip...I have used the Alpha Hydroxy 12% foot creme on my face for the last 15 years plus. I have gotten numerous comments about how young my skin looks. The tube is more portable and it is cheaper than the soufle! Just got my three daughters started on it. I have not found anything on the market that compares regardless of price. Just wish it was carried by more venders. I used to purchase this at the big 3 drugstores, but have not been able to find it for the last five years. I order online now, which is fine, but I would still like other options to buy off the shelf.

on 9/10/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it... It makes my face super soft and helps even out skin tone (glycolic acid in general at a high percentage works wonders). I don't care for the packaging.. the glass container is terrible. I wish it came in a pump bottle.. I just dip a q-tip in it, put the product in my palm and smooth over. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH at one time or your face will feel heavy, especially during the day and during summer months. Make sure to use a bit and use a sunscreen afterward and you are good to go.. Good under makeup as well!!!

on 9/1/2011 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it b/c i read fantastic reviews on drugstore.com and people claimed that it made fine lines disappear and pores smaller and whatnot so, i bought one hoping it would get rid of my laugh lines (19 but i laugh way too much) and my HUGE pores on my nose.

It did nothing for me. I put it on every night for a month and I didnt feel any tingling or stinging or any sign that it was working.

I paid probably 18 bucks (shipping fees..gosh) in total for a moisturizer. what a waste.

on 8/10/2011 10:41:00 AM

at first i liked the product but it built up on my skin and caused mega clogged pores. i like Alpha Hydrox products but this one won't be staying in my routine.

on 8/5/2011 5:10:00 PM

I switched to this from the 10% gel. So happy with it! It absorbs into skin, layers great, can use day or night. I like it a lot better than the gel because of the absorption and that I always feel it is doing something. Makes skin smooth and helps keep it clear. It lasts awhile too. I originally didn't go for it because there were better deals volume-wise with other AH products. It turns out, this is worth the extra $$ to me. Has never caused me any breakouts.

EDIT: December 2014: I stopped using souffle in favor of the serum & swipes which I found less irritating for whatever reason. Recently I had to stop using Alpha-Hydrox products altogether after I developed a sensitivity. I used these products for about three years, realizing earlier this year that the small acne bumps all over my face were actually being caused by this regimen. I purchased all my AH products direct from the company during their great sales (you should get on their mailing list if you like them!). It is possible that my AH products (since I bought several at a time) were a little old and that might be related to the sensitivity thing. In any case, I find that over time, most products stop being effective for me. I am not too disappointed, this regimen became a but harsh on my skin.

on 7/1/2011 8:57:00 AM

Love love love this product! Have only been using it for about a week, and so far my skin feels and looks much more smoother, and softer, pores look much cleaner and smaller, and my skin just looks brighter and glowy!
For my skin it does sting/itch a bit when i first put it on but that goes away after 5 mins,

Atm my skincare regime is proactiv 3 step, aha souffle and spot lightener every morning and night, though only aha at night time, and i have not experienced any irritation or redness.
My skin just feels amazing, will continue to use this product!

Popular Treatments (Face)