October 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by grovechaos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stereo Rose is the perfect peach blush for me. Doesn't read orange (unlike Peaches), brightens up the face, and looks great with red lips and with casual every day makeup.

Super pigmented and long-lasting. The shimmers in it are very pretty~ I love wearing this color along my cheekbones because this color really brings them out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Stereo Rose on Ebay for $47 after it received so much hype in the beauty community. I was very disappointed in it when I first began using it, but I have grown to adore Stereo Rose. It is a frosty peach color that creates a healthy glow to my complexion. I find that it shows up a lot more on my NC42 skintone when I apply it wet, but it still shows up well when it is dry. I do not regret paying extra for it on Ebay, so I do recommend that if you can still get your hands on it that you certainly do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by papergirrl

So the only reason I bought Stereo Rose's because there's so much hype going on over this blush abroad. Here where I live it's not really sought after or anything. So anyway, on my fair-medium asian skintone, it's a nice coral blush and gives my cheecks a nice glow. I like it. But because where I live it's summer all year round so it's harder to use such shimmery blushes because too much on you'd look oily instead of glowy!
I just think it's a nice blush to have, but not worth all the hype. I find myself grabbing for other blushes more.
or maybe this blush'd look better on people with fair skin....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Kiran13

Okay, Stereo Rose... touchy subject! Is it over hyped? Slightly. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful color, and it's a very unique shade. I don't know too much about the MSF range, but I don't think there is anything else like it. I just happen to really like the color and texture. I don't normally like "overly" glittery blushes, but it's really more of a sheen when applied lightly. I find it suits a lot of skintones, and can be used as a highlight or as a blush. Is it gorgeous and unique, yes. Is it worth $100+ on ebay... no. I gave this product a 5 because it's a product (MSF) and texture (frost) that I I don't normally like, yet I find myself grabbing for it almost every time I wear makeup! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't hate this blush, but I don't love it either. It gives my cheeks a nice glow but surely you can find a much cheaper dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I went to the MAC counter to check this out, the MA applied way to much and it looked really metallic and shiny so I decided against buying it even though they only had 2 in stock. However, since I was making other MAC purchases I just got it b/c I knew I could just return/swap if I wanted to. When I got home, I tried it on with a MAC 129 and applied with a light hand and it looked gorgeous! I am NC42 and this was just a light coral sheen across the apples of my cheeks. It's very easy to make it look metallic, but with a light hand, its perfect. I am glad I didn't miss out on it. Should you break the back for this? Probably not. I am sure that MAC will re-release this as they do with their other products (AHEM FELINE EYE KOHL IM TALKING ABOUT YOU)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the Mineral Skinfinish in Stereo Rose in a 'spur of the moment' sort of thing. I wandered by the busiest MAC store in my city to swatch it a week after it has been released, being absolutely sure it was sold out. Alas, it wasn't, and I ended up buying this spontaneously along with By Candlelight, figuring I always could give or swap it away if I didn't like it.

I'm no fan of MAC's generic looking packaging or the brand in general, but Stereo Rose surely does look beautiful in the pan. Mine has minimal bronze veining, and the subtle mélange on its surface looks wonderful. On my fair skin, it appears as a lovely, flushed coral. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can appear quite metallic and unnatural when layered a few times. But when applied with a light hand, the sheen is barely noticable. I tried it as an eyeshadow, too, but it doesn't seem to be pigmented enough to make my eyes pop. It might be different with a bright base or applied wet, but I like to judge my products on how they perform on their own, without help.

Is it a good procuct? Yes, definitely. Is it worth the hype? You decide. For me, it isn't as life-changing as almost everybody makes it out to be, but it's nonetheless a nice addition to my ever-growing makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by mochacino

Ok I bought this just because of the hype and for the sake of collecting MAC MSFs. I got the recent version of stereo rose from MAC in the groove 2010 collection. Therefore, I can't compare it to the earlier version. Stereo Rose is definitely the most pigmented MSF I got. The colour is shimmery coral and it is true to the colour in the compact as it is on ur cheek. Because it is so pigmented, be careful not to over apply it. Use light hand, and check when it hits the light. It might not look apparent on your cheek at first, but when the light hits the golden coral shimmer will gives you colour and glow. I use my MAC 129 brush to apply it on my cheek as a blush. The texture of this MSF is pretty smooth in comparison to other MSFs, and there is no over the top shimmer. Just enough to gives you healthy glow. I also think that the colour is universal, it is suitable for fair skin to darker skin tones. For the fair skinned ladies I definitely recommend to use stereo rose as a blush, not all over the face. http://aboutagirl.onsugar.com/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetstrawberry

After waiting several years for this product to come back, I finally got my hands on it when MAC in the groove collection came out on July 2010. I always wondered what was all the hype about, and I at least wanted a little sample to try it out and see what was so perfect on this product, until a friend from the UK sent me a little sample from hers that shattered in a trip to Los Angeles. ( sample she sent me was the old stereo rose that came out in 2005) After trying it out I really like it but it was nothing special that I never seen before, It was just like an okay blush super pretty, but I would never pay $150 dlls on E-bay for one. When MAC release on the groove i pre order two of them and when I finally got my hands on then I went home to try it out and I must say is a great product but is a bit lighter than the old stereo rose, they are pretty much the same but the new stereo rose is more smooth and more coral than the old stereo rose. For some reason MAC did change the formulation a tiny bit but it still gives the same effect of a true coral/pinky blush is really gorgeous and is definitely a GREAT product!! Also it gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks and I would recommend using this on winter because it is shimmery, but not over loaded with chunky glitter. Yes i would definitely buy this again:) I just wish MAC knew about those e-bay sellers that are getting loads of their most famous products and re- selling to us MAC lovers for an insane amount of money. We all deserve to get this our hands on these products for reasonable prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by nociceptive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is certainly a beautiful colour, and I'm glad I got my hands on it as I didn't own a blush like it, but does it live up to the hype? I'm not so sure. It only requires a light hand with my NW20 skin, so will last for ages, but there really are a number of very similar colours out there - especially the Laura Geller baked blush in Grapefruit. Would I pay an outrageous price on ebay to someone who bought multiples to make a profit? Heck no.