MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

on 9/6/2010 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is really pretty. It gives me a nice glow. Great color. Would repurchase if I could.

on 9/3/2010 2:46:00 PM

When I heard about the hype surrounding this product, I got-footed it to my nearest MAC counter in Dublin and I snapped up not one but two of these, for fear that I may love it... I need not have.

I feel that this colour is over-rated and chalky. It does not suit my skin tone at all. (NC30 for reference) I will continue to use it but I would not repurchase this.

on 8/28/2010 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Stereo Rose is the perfect peach blush for me. Doesn't read orange (unlike Peaches), brightens up the face, and looks great with red lips and with casual every day makeup.

Super pigmented and long-lasting. The shimmers in it are very pretty~ I love wearing this color along my cheekbones because this color really brings them out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I bought Stereo Rose on Ebay for $47 after it received so much hype in the beauty community. I was very disappointed in it when I first began using it, but I have grown to adore Stereo Rose. It is a frosty peach color that creates a healthy glow to my complexion. I find that it shows up a lot more on my NC42 skintone when I apply it wet, but it still shows up well when it is dry. I do not regret paying extra for it on Ebay, so I do recommend that if you can still get your hands on it that you certainly do.

on 8/25/2010 2:27:00 PM

So the only reason I bought Stereo Rose's because there's so much hype going on over this blush abroad. Here where I live it's not really sought after or anything. So anyway, on my fair-medium asian skintone, it's a nice coral blush and gives my cheecks a nice glow. I like it. But because where I live it's summer all year round so it's harder to use such shimmery blushes because too much on you'd look oily instead of glowy!
I just think it's a nice blush to have, but not worth all the hype. I find myself grabbing for other blushes more.
or maybe this blush'd look better on people with fair skin....

on 8/24/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, Stereo Rose... touchy subject! Is it over hyped? Slightly. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful color, and it's a very unique shade. I don't know too much about the MSF range, but I don't think there is anything else like it. I just happen to really like the color and texture. I don't normally like "overly" glittery blushes, but it's really more of a sheen when applied lightly. I find it suits a lot of skintones, and can be used as a highlight or as a blush. Is it gorgeous and unique, yes. Is it worth $100+ on ebay... no. I gave this product a 5 because it's a product (MSF) and texture (frost) that I I don't normally like, yet I find myself grabbing for it almost every time I wear makeup! :)

on 8/24/2010 4:54:00 PM

I don't hate this blush, but I don't love it either. It gives my cheeks a nice glow but surely you can find a much cheaper dupe.

on 8/17/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

When I went to the MAC counter to check this out, the MA applied way to much and it looked really metallic and shiny so I decided against buying it even though they only had 2 in stock. However, since I was making other MAC purchases I just got it b/c I knew I could just return/swap if I wanted to. When I got home, I tried it on with a MAC 129 and applied with a light hand and it looked gorgeous! I am NC42 and this was just a light coral sheen across the apples of my cheeks. It's very easy to make it look metallic, but with a light hand, its perfect. I am glad I didn't miss out on it. Should you break the back for this? Probably not. I am sure that MAC will re-release this as they do with their other products (AHEM FELINE EYE KOHL IM TALKING ABOUT YOU)

on 8/17/2010 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought the Mineral Skinfinish in Stereo Rose in a 'spur of the moment' sort of thing. I wandered by the busiest MAC store in my city to swatch it a week after it has been released, being absolutely sure it was sold out. Alas, it wasn't, and I ended up buying this spontaneously along with By Candlelight, figuring I always could give or swap it away if I didn't like it.

I'm no fan of MAC's generic looking packaging or the brand in general, but Stereo Rose surely does look beautiful in the pan. Mine has minimal bronze veining, and the subtle mélange on its surface looks wonderful. On my fair skin, it appears as a lovely, flushed coral. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can appear quite metallic and unnatural when layered a few times. But when applied with a light hand, the sheen is barely noticable. I tried it as an eyeshadow, too, but it doesn't seem to be pigmented enough to make my eyes pop. It might be different with a bright base or applied wet, but I like to judge my products on how they perform on their own, without help.

Is it a good procuct? Yes, definitely. Is it worth the hype? You decide. For me, it isn't as life-changing as almost everybody makes it out to be, but it's nonetheless a nice addition to my ever-growing makeup collection.

on 8/15/2010 4:32:00 AM

Ok I bought this just because of the hype and for the sake of collecting MAC MSFs. I got the recent version of stereo rose from MAC in the groove 2010 collection. Therefore, I can't compare it to the earlier version. Stereo Rose is definitely the most pigmented MSF I got. The colour is shimmery coral and it is true to the colour in the compact as it is on ur cheek. Because it is so pigmented, be careful not to over apply it. Use light hand, and check when it hits the light. It might not look apparent on your cheek at first, but when the light hits the golden coral shimmer will gives you colour and glow. I use my MAC 129 brush to apply it on my cheek as a blush. The texture of this MSF is pretty smooth in comparison to other MSFs, and there is no over the top shimmer. Just enough to gives you healthy glow. I also think that the colour is universal, it is suitable for fair skin to darker skin tones. For the fair skinned ladies I definitely recommend to use stereo rose as a blush, not all over the face. http://aboutagirl.onsugar.com/

Video Reviews & Tutorials