April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a dry skin sufferer both prone to acne flaky skin and Eczema I'm always on the search for hydrating rich creams that will leave my parched skin soft smooth and radiant without the flare up of acne and congested pores like most rich creams cause.this however does neither its a dry skins best friend and is great as a makeup base its great reccommemd!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by tiara85

I feel compelled to write this review because of the misleading one from the apparent ex Clinique consultant. Every word she wrote I disagree with. I'm a current Clinique consultant, not biased because I'm a beauty junkie and independent make up artist.

Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is an amazing moisturiser. It provides 24 hours of hydration to the skin and also strengthen skin's moisture barrier; this means that skin looks healthier and more comfortable but is also able to retain moisture better.

We recommend all our treatment moisturisers are applied after our infamous 3-step system, because DDML(now +) acts like a sponge and allows treatments and serums to penetrate deeper and therefore get more benefits. However it's not essential. It's one of our best sellers and many use it with nothing else.

It is like a drink for the skin, super hydrating yet oil free so great for all skin types. I like it overnight, on holiday and during flights. Can be applied thicker as a mask but we now have moisture surge mask as part of the range too.

As for it being like evian spray? Not so much. Water spritz' can actually dry the face even more, initially they feel great but pure water on the face just dries it out. Our moisture surge facial spray could be compared to something like MAC's fix+, because it's moisturising and full of vitamins. I love it to refresh my make up, on hot days and just whenever I fancy really.

Hope this was helpful :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by nyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I brought a full size out of a wimp because I was dying for a moisturizer, my skin was dry and rashy at that time. This surprised me. First of all, it didn't break me out, oil free (light-weight feeling), hydrating but doesn't over do it and fragrance free. However, if I apply too much of it, my skin can feel rather sticky so a little goes a long way for me. The downfalls for this are it's packaging and price. I don't understand why dramatically different moisturizers are in pump form but this has to be in a tub. And also the price, this moisturizer isn't cheap but i would say it's slightly affordable than other higher end moisturizers. Overall, I love this stuff. If you're looking for a light-weight moisturizer but hydrates really well, this can be a good one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! This is the best moisturizer I've tried for under my makeup. I have combination dry/normal skin with an oily nose and inner cheeks. I've found that regular lotion-type moisturizers under my makeup always make my skin get oily despite my mildy dry skin and it makes my makeup come off a lot easier. Because this is a gel cream, it has the luxurious consistency of a cream, and the lightness of a gel but more moisturizing. It's the perfect combination. I do wish this came in a pump bottle instead of a jar, as having to twist open and scoop the product out with my fingers can get a little tedious. I also believe I've read somewhere that because it's in a jar, it exposes the product to air which could make the antioxidants in it diminish, which if true, Clinique should really repackage this. This has really nice ingredients and it doesn't break me out, I believe it's totally worth the money as I'm willing to invest in anything that truly works for my skin. This to me, works a lot better than other gel creams I've tried as most aren't enough for my skin, I actually see and feel a difference with this.
TEXTURE:
It's a nicely thick pink gel cream. I love the texture of this. It glides onto the skin so smoothly and feels really lovely. It doesn't feel heavy at all on the skin so it's perfect for summer.
SCENT:
This is fragrance free which is a huge must for me in terms of moisturizers. If something's going to be directly on my skin for hours I don't want there to be added fragrance because my skin is pretty sensitive.
WHAT IT DOES FOR MY SKIN:
This makes my skin hydrated, soft, and smooth. My skin looks plump and has a glow. This is perfect for dehydrated, dull skin. Several months ago before I tried this my skin was so incredibly dehydrated and my mattifying moisturizer was no longer cutting it with my makeup, I tried the Dramatically Different Gel but that oddly enough made my makeup get oily while I had it on. Once I got this, it immediately gave my skin hydration and overtime helped remedy my dehydrated skin. I use this mainly as my makeup moisturizer because it provides my skin with enough moisture but not too much to the point that my makeup slides off. Makeup goes on so much smoother and looks a lot nicer since I've been using this. I apply more on areas I'm more dry, like my under eyes and I swear my concealer looks so much smoother, it primes your skin perfectly for makeup.
SKIN TYPES THIS WOULD WORK FOR:
Combination, dehydrated, and mildly dry skin for under makeup. Oily skin could use this as well especially as a night moisturizer. If you have very dry skin you may need to pair this with something else as this isn't intensely moisturizing.
HOW TO USE IT:
This works the best when you apply it right after toning your skin and you let it sit on your skin for at least 4 minutes before you apply anything else. It may seem somewhat tacky on your skin at first but when you let it set for a couple minutes that'll go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Kmlandreth

This is one of my favorite products on the market because it is so versatile. You can use it as a mask or a s a moisturizer. I think the reason it has gotten some bad reviews is because women don't use it correctly. It is not made to be a stand alone moisturizer. It is made to be used in conjunction with your regular moisturizer to make it penetrate your skin better and lock in the moisture for 24 hours. I love love love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite products! ...Saved my skin this winter from dry patches. I'm using it now and then to lock the moisture after a regular moisturizer. Worked wonders for me but this is indeed a complimentary product not a moisturizer. Actually I'm pretty surprised to see so many negative reviews. Shall repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So I got a sample size of this in a GWP. All I can say is wow, this might be the moisturizer that I will forever convert to. I used to use Cerave and after using this I realize that Cerave was probably clogging my pores. This one does what it advertises. It leaves my skin feeling amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Alyssaxoxo123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this cream because its oil free and I have acne prone skin. It doesn't really moisturize as much as I would like it to but I does a good job. I had some dry patches on my skin and this moisturizer was not helping with that. The I bought the exfoliating scrub and use it 2 a week and now the dry patches are gone and this moitirizer goes on my skin better as well as my makeup.. So overall it's a pretty good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I love the cooling effect of All About Eyes so reckoned I would probably like Moisture Surge too. I didn't particularly need anything extra to hydrate my skin as I already use a facial mist during the summer to keep my face nice and dewy but I thought this would be good to use all year round, if it worked. I pop it over my usual moisturiser and it seems to give it a lovely cooling boost. I use a much cheaper gel over my night-time moisturiser on warm nights as it doesn't matter if it doesn't dry down quickly, but Moisture Surge is great for the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Great texture, wake up with softened skin. Yet get a little oily on my t-zone. Hope it could feel a little less sticky after a while. But definitely would buy again.