September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by starapples

My mom gave me this in high school, and was my first ever foundation. I still use it all the time and always have it because it goes on so natural and is really reliable. Superpowder Double Face Make-up is a 2-in-1 product; you can use it for either foundation or as a setting powder, and I really like it for both. The powder is very fine and gives sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. If you use a big, fluffy brush, the coverage is sheer to light, but it definitely evens out your skin tone and gives your skin a softer and matte finish. You can build up to a medium coverage with a cosmetic wedge or sponge, but you do have to buff it out with a brush after because I find that it gets a cakey, especially if your skin is dry. Moisturizer is a must before using this! However, this powder controls oil and shine really well and lasts all day. I love to use it on my t-zone for that reason. I really like this powder and find it relatively inexpensive in comparison to other high end powder foundations (it's only $20). Also, it has never broken me out which I love! Definitely a solid product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jixwonxee

MINIMUM coverage. Did not cover my acne at all. No oil control, and I have to touch up at least 3 times throughout the day. Since I want to use it up, I'm using it as a topping powder over liquid foundation. If you have pretty nice skin, it'll be good for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont like this. I cant stand feeling it on my face and everytime I use it I break out. Im so angry I didnt return it, so expensive :(
The coverage is very nice an natural though, and if your skin is not sensitive it might work for you. Hate the list of ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by katrue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I asked the counter manager if they had any mineral makeup b/c that's what I'm used to wearing and she said "all makeup has minerals in it". Well yes TALC is considered a mineral but that doesn't mean its good for your face! Since they couldn't find a match for me in the Superbalanced we had to try this. The girl said I was the hardest person she's ever matched. I felt horrible.
This does not cover my acne. It too orange and I had a reaction to it. Then I looked at the ingredients and low and behold the first one listed is TALC! No wonder. Talc is a cheap filler and should never be used on anyones face. I'm so happy I found another mineral brand that is a perfect match, covers well, controls oil, has a creamy consistency, has added antioxidants and is about half the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

I was looking for a powder foundation & this product claims it is but is isn't. more than that, it has very unhealthy ingredients for your skin, espcially my sensitive + dry skin. it accentuates dry spots def, and the result of my makeup is chalky, dry looking and most definetely NOT natural. I coulnt stand using such a bad product so after using it for 3 months, I gave up & bought a mineral powder & it's much better with wayy healthier ingredients. my honest recommendation: find a better powder, there are wayy better powders for a much more reasonable price. don't waste 20 buckss!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by talexs

This is the 1st (and only) powder I have ever used. I have combo skin that tends to lean a bit toward oily in the tzone and slightly dry around my mouth, I apply this with a large brush early in the morning and I do not get shiny throughout the day and the powder doesn't settle into any of the drier areas of my face and give that less than desired "cracked" finish. The color selection works for me and the price is perfect, a little goes a long way (mine tends to last quite awhile and I find that I toss it before I use it up just because I feel as though I have had it too long), and the packaging is perfect if you are so inclined you could use this up to the very bottom and get out every bit of product. I hope Clinique never stops making this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I do like this powder - it can be used as a setting powder as well as a foundation. I wanted to try both out before I reviewed the product. I bought the powder in Matte Neutral - 07 - because the sales assistant told me I could use this to set my makeup without adding extra colour - I'm quite fair.

I mainly use it as a setting powder though I have used it as a foundation. Used as a foundation - I applied it with a big brush - it went on well, evening out my skintone and even dealing with the red pathches around my nose. I used the sponge where I needed a bit more coverage and it was more that adequate. I wouldn't recommend this as a foundation if you need a lot of coverage, but if your skin is basically good and you don't want heavy coverage this is worth considering.

As a setting powder it is also good. It doesn't deepen the colour. It could become cakey if you apply it too heavily. I only use the sponge very rarely, prefering to use a brush for a light touch. It keeps my foundation in place and my forehead shine free. It is also good for touching up during the day when your foundation may have worn off in places. I find it provides a little extra coverage on days when you might have the odd blemish.

The packing is good, hardly ingenious but what else can you do with a pressed powder? Handy to carry around you, has a mirror in the lid and a sponge inside. I would clean or change the sponge quite often, just for cleanliness and hygeine, if you do use the sponge rather than brushes. I like the green packaging, but others might not find it very glam.

Definitey a godd powder - would take it to be at the price.
Does not break me out in painful spots as with other brands (have a look at my other reviews!)
Good coverage both as a setting powder and a light foundation.
Lasts forever on the skin!

Perhaps can become heavy and cakey but that depends on how much you apply.
Pricey but worth it for not having the adverse reactions and for having a mutli-purpose product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lorrainelovesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried super double powder a few years ago and loved it. Its heavy enough to cover, if it goes on too cakey you can just use a brush to buff it off, and it looks very nice in pictures. HOwever, my skin changes color throughout the year and I am unable to match the colors to my skin year round as the color selections are minimal.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Monstewr

Is weird, mine doesnt have Mineral Oil in the ingredients! Well I have only tried his one day but it didnt made my face as shiny as with the Benefit Hello Flawless. I'm hoping it'll turn good so I'm gonna try it for 3 days.
I'll update this after that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

This is the only powder I've ever used that broke me out, I'm suspecting it's because of the mineral oil (my skin is sensitive to MO). Whenever I use it I get lots of under the skin breakouts and whiteheads which are quite painful. It gives pretty nice coverage but can get cakey if I use more than 1 layer. The colour selection isn't that good...doesn't cater to anyone with yellow undertones, the undertones are all too pink. The texture is really soft and smooth, glides onto the skin like silk. I like the packaging and the fact it comes with a mirror, but anything that breaks me out is a no no.