July 30, 2014 | 2057 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Two years ago I bought this for myself as a graduation gift. The smell is great, I love this perfume and it's definitly a smell that's soooo long lasting.

Highly recommend and I would re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Devonina

I'm in love with Alien. I remember smelling it a couple of times while worn on a doctor and on a lady down the street and I was completely obsessed... until I went to a shop and I decided I wanted a perfume. I had forgotten about Alien and the obsession I had for it.
The clerk made me smell many and when she sprayed Alien on a thick piece of paper I was about to cry... it was THAT perfume that had driven me crazy!
I love it because not many people use it - everyone asks me what is the name of the fragrance I am wearing because it is amazingly nice. I love that I use 3 sprays and it stays on all day!!! My mum says she knows when I've been home because even after a couple of days you can smell alien in the air.
It is very pricey but as I said needing very little to stay on all day it is really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love absolutely everything about this perfume! The smell to me is unique, and is such a stand out compared to others I own. I adore the bottle and how it is designed, I know it's the smell that counts but it is so nice to just look at... I love the way it is a love it or hate it perfume, it's some run of the mill fruity/floral perfume or whatever. The refill scheme is great as well. I'd say it's worth the money to buy because when you eventually get to refill the bottle, you get a discount which works out cheaper than repurchasing another bottle (in the UK).

With me, I usually buy a perfume which I adore, Marc Jacobs Lola is an example of this, and after using it for around 6-9 months I get so bored of the smell, only from using it a couple of times a week. I haven't got bored of Alien after over a year, which proves it's true love! Lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I remember when this perfume was launched and what a fuss was being made about. There was so much talk about how different it was and and that it wouldn't appeal to the masses. The bottle and campaign were also quite a divergence from the classic perfume image of glamour. After smelling it myself I was very intrigued and put it on my wish list and didn't get around to buying it for many years.

But now its hard to see what all the fuss was about. I really don't find this fragrance to be very unique or rather that different as its supposed to be. Perhaps it was at the time of it's realese?

It's staying power on me was non existant and I could barely smell it after 10 minutes. The bottle is rather beautiful though but I was surpised that the gold cap lid was made from cheap plastic. I hate to write a negative review for this fragrance as I really tried to like it but I won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

Sex in a bottle, this stuff smells very pungent of jasmine,vanilla, amber, and musk. I love the concept and the bottle is nicely designed. They also have a refill option which is nice EDIT: It's a little stinky...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was first attracted to this fragrance by the many controversal reviews. I allways want to see if I can love something many others seem to hate.
I also LOVED the bottle. It really looks like a magical gem, inscribed with runes, sitting in a golden standing in a fantasy castle in some magical kingdom. Because that's what I have to think about when I see this bottle. Not aliens, I have no interest in aliens, but fantasy and magic, that's totally me.
The bottle looks like it radiates magic. And it does! Once you spray the glorious contents.
I get very sharp, heavy jasmine in the beginning, but this note does not last long. I makes way for the fantastic scent of sunlit woods. It's quite sharp and dry and often makes me sneeze, but what do I care, it's the most cozy, gentle, warm, uplifting fragrance I've ever smelled. The jasmine is now completely gone and a lovely sensual vanillic amber accord blends perfectly with the cashmeran woody scent. I get something slightly salty as well, something that makes my mouth water without being gourmand! Really strange, but lovely.
The amber and woods create this beautiful soothing scent. Yes, it is sensual, it is mysterious, it is rich and deep and it is VERY strong. But it also lifts up my spirits, makes me feel at home, relaxed. This does not alienate me at all :)
Alien is a fragrance for a fantasyqueen. But a queen cannot allways be strong, and sometimes she needs to be comforted.

I've bought the deodorant and the bodylotion as well, to support the fragrance. I do not think they smell anything like the EDP at all, but maybe they just smell like the topnotes, which I hardly smell at all. I do not get any grape at all from the EDP, but the deodorant reminded me of a certain type of candy typical for Belgium, cuberdons. They taste like something that you could describe as candied grapes, so maybe that's what everybody is talking about.

Alien EDP, and the whole TM range is pretty expensive, but really, a little goes a very long way (one spritz is enough) and you can refill the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Soap. My first impression. Dishy soap or laundry powder. Nice scent for a cleaning product, but not for the price of this scent.
*UPDATE- Just went to bed and asked hubby what he thought of this scent: "Smells like my granny".

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been on a bit of a perfume spree lately, desperately searching for my signature scent. After reading the reviews on here, and other websites, for Alien by Thierry Mugler I was intrigued. I knew I had to smell this, based on the notes and various descriptions. However, I didn't expect to like it, or to be one of the lucky people who is able to wear this scent. I cannot wear Angel. I wish I could, I've tried many different times, but it is so harsh on me, not "Angel-like" at all. Everyone seems to describe Alien as being incredibly strong, too, however, I was pleasantly surprised at how different this scent is from Angel. This scent isn't really strong or harsh on me, instead I would just describe it as having amazing silage. One spray is all I need. On me, this actually smells a bit similar to the Elie Saab perfume (at first), and I suppose this is due to the jasmine. I also believe it is this note (or maybe another note that these two fragrances have in common) that give the grape-like scent to this perfume. When I first sniffed my wrist I did not automatically think grapes, however, I had read the reviews on here so I found myself searching for that scent within this perfume. Yes, I can understand why some people smell fake grapes when they smell this, but I think the way this stuff smells depends a lot on on the wearer and skin chemistry. This isn't harsh on me at all; it's smooth and I get a lot of jasmine and a bit of something that smells like orange blossom but instead of strictly being floral, this fragrance has a "juicy" quality that I love. After smelling it, I realized this is truly unlike anything I have ever come across. I can see myself wearing this all year round because it isn't heavy or suffocating on me in the slightest, instead the powerfulness of this fragrance simply gives it amazing lasting power. I never thought I would ever find a signature scent, one that I love enough to wear all year round, for almost any occasion. However, almost immediately after spraying this on my wrist, I knew I had to buy it. It's interesting and beautiful, but I truly recommend you test it before buying it because it definitely seems like a scent that varies greatly from wearer to wearer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive fragrance I have ever bought. Its unique to anything I have ever smelled so I somehow decided to buy it. Since then, I still think its nice and unique but I don't reach for it. This will be going up for swap. On me its a dark, floral grape scent or at least that's what I think of.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a floral scent. The top note is jasmine. I could definitely see that, on me the top note stays there for a while, which smells amplified. That's my only turn off about this perfume.

After about an hour I can see that woodenness coming in with that amber. When it all simmers down after that one hour the scent is so pleasing, it's a very oriental scent which is what I lovvveee about this. It's very different from my other perfumes, most in which are sweet and girly. This is a definitely an oriental scent with that slight hit of sweetness (I'm not sure where the sweetness comes from). I almost see it as a more "higher" end version of the Japanese Cherry Blossom line Bath and Body works have.

I wish the top note wouldn't turn me off though, everything else is lovely except for that, at least on me. I also like the the lasting power... it'll last me all day with no debate.

I've only tried the sample version, but this is something I would defiantly put on my wish list. I think of it as a winter scent, but it's very wearable for the summer. If you like oriental scents and they smell good on you I highly recommend this.