Thierry Mugler Alien

3.7

on 3/22/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I haven't much to say about Alien.
It's the ultimate sweet warm jasmine bomb and very recognizable but rather linear.
Amazing sillage and longevity as with all TMs.
I appreciate the quality but don't care for the actual perfume, prefer my jasmin discreet and delicate (like Jasminora by Guerlain) rather than bombastic and futuristic.
The only flanker I can see myself buying so far is Essence Absolue - .feels more cozy and rounded.

on 3/15/2013 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite perfume, smells great on me,as always it smells different on other people, its well worth a try even if the name puts you off,of course its not for everyone,just like Angel smells like evil on me and gorgeous on others.I am not good at describing perfume topnotes and such but its worth trying when you pass by the fragrance section.

A little goes a long way, lasts all day.

on 3/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

The press-to-spray thing came stuck in my bottle, therefore I returned it. I remember smelling it on my mom, as all fragrances smell delicious on her.
At first this smelled like nothing on my skin, I mean, like really soft whites and slightly fruity.
Then. The. Horror.
The day went by, and I smelled like a cloying basket of grapes, I mean, If I wanted to smell like a 5 year old, then I'd save the money.
Bish please, I know that my chemistry suuuucks, but that was way too much.
The boyfriend says this "smells like nothing"

on 3/5/2013 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I don't think I will ever get enough of Thierry Mugler perfumes, they are just the best. I love Angel and I love Alien, they are my go to, all occasions perfumes. The main thing I love about Alien is that is super duper strong, like literally one light spritz is more than enough. Its a lot sweeter than Angel, Angel is a deep, musky, poweful scent but this one is a lot lighter yet still fairly intense. I love how different this perfume is too, it is unlike any other perfume I have ever owned, there is nothing to compare it to. The bottle is also pretty too, its like a precious stone or something of that nature, looks nice on the vanity. Very expensive and also I find fairly hard to get hold of, but worth every penny. Fabulous perfume.

on 2/26/2013 4:18:00 AM

My favourite perfume ever!! lasts so long and smells nice even the next day. the only thing I would say is that its quite strong, so you dont need alot and dont wear other scents with it as they clash. Also guys love the smell of it and I always get complimented.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume! Definitely my all time favorite! Every time I wear it I get tons & tons of compliments. 2 sprays will last all day as well. A little on the pricey side but well worth it. My mom wears Angel by Thierry Mugler & I wear alien. Both of us are always complimented. Women of all ages can wear this. I do, & will continue to recommend this perfume to EVERYONE!

on 1/19/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really amazing night time/going out perfume, It's musky and super strong so one spray is definitely enough, it lasts a really really long time and you can smell it on your clothes for days, it is quite expensive but I'll probably repurchase when it's empty.

on 1/16/2013 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This may be exspensive but I will never stop buying it. I smelled it one time at macys and sprayed it on myself. It lingered for days and I washed the outfit I had on that day and could still smell it on the clean clothes. I LOVE this perfume. I wear it everyday.Im one of those woman who hates flowery perfumes. Everyone that smells it on me wants to know what it is. Alot of people have never heard of it. Alot of the girls at work are now going to purchase it. BUTTT a girl at work did have this and she said she hated the way it smelled on her but loved how it smelled on me. I actually had a patient today wake up when I was near the bed and say Oh you smell nice! haha So it must be one of those that it depends on the person. It seems to be oil based which I love they last longer. I work 12hrs a day at a hosptial and the gross stuff we come in contact with I would think I stink by the end of the day but people can still smell it on my at the end of the day!

on 1/8/2013 3:38:00 PM

As others said, this is either love or hate it kind of scent. When this scent first came out, I was given a sample of it and I HATED it. I thought it was too loud and floral, and just too much. Since then I learned to appreciate number of fragrances and so when I passed by Alien in department store I decided to give it a shot. I am not a floral lover and mostly prefer gourmand and fruity scents but this is one of the florals I really like. As most TM scents, its very unique and I haven’t smelled anything even remotely similar before or since. Its woodsy, ambery yet full of floral jasmine note. Very full bodied and rich.
I took the opportunity the buy mini sizes of TM scents and out of all Angel and Alien are my favorites hands down.
My hubby hated the Alien though-said it smelled like “old lady” lol. But he likes mostly light clean scents so I am not surprised. And if that's you and you prefer very light scents and body sprays, I would suggest staying far far aways from this.
This is rich floral that lasts a quite a long time on my skin. I layed it with Sparkling Blackberry Woods from BBW and its quite lovely.
Btw, I LOVE the bottle-its so gorgeous and different!

on 1/4/2013 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I really like this fragrance, I receive more compliments on this scent than any of my others. Lasts all day.......or night!

Popular Fragrances