September 16, 2014 | 1882 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One day, while searching for a pink Shu Umera blush that all the makeup mags said I just had to have (and like a dope I listened), a lovely Neiman Marcus sales associate appeared. "May I help, you?" She did just that and smelled good while doing it. "What perfume are you wearing?" "Alien". She then introduced me to "Angel's" sister. While the scent was lovely on the sales associate, I offend myself when I wear it. It's dusty and annoying. Not something I ever reach for. Another case of you better test drive it before you buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Welch's Grape Juice + Toxic Synthetic Jasmine = THIS. And if you want it off, you may just have to get it surgically removed. Best of luck! :)

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by msfrost

Sexy, dark, and organic. It makes me think of winter, a sultry cat eye, Louboutin heels, snow collecting on the windowsill, red wine, purple lingerie, and bass (the instrument, not the fish...lol) Scents are very subjective, but for me this is one of the best ones out there. The lasting power is insane, I need only two sprays that will last me all through the night (this is a night time scent) and I'll still catch whiffs of it in the morning. That said, it is strong and requires a strong attitude to pull it off. This is not for the wallflowers out there. The bottle is gorgeous and refillable. I can't give it enough praise, will definitely repurchase once it runs out, and definitely recommend :)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Two years ago I bought this for myself as a graduation gift. The smell is great, I love this perfume and it's definitly a smell that's soooo long lasting.

Highly recommend and I would re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Devonina

I'm in love with Alien. I remember smelling it a couple of times while worn on a doctor and on a lady down the street and I was completely obsessed... until I went to a shop and I decided I wanted a perfume. I had forgotten about Alien and the obsession I had for it.
The clerk made me smell many and when she sprayed Alien on a thick piece of paper I was about to cry... it was THAT perfume that had driven me crazy!
I love it because not many people use it - everyone asks me what is the name of the fragrance I am wearing because it is amazingly nice. I love that I use 3 sprays and it stays on all day!!! My mum says she knows when I've been home because even after a couple of days you can smell alien in the air.
It is very pricey but as I said needing very little to stay on all day it is really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love absolutely everything about this perfume! The smell to me is unique, and is such a stand out compared to others I own. I adore the bottle and how it is designed, I know it's the smell that counts but it is so nice to just look at... I love the way it is a love it or hate it perfume, it's some run of the mill fruity/floral perfume or whatever. The refill scheme is great as well. I'd say it's worth the money to buy because when you eventually get to refill the bottle, you get a discount which works out cheaper than repurchasing another bottle (in the UK).

With me, I usually buy a perfume which I adore, Marc Jacobs Lola is an example of this, and after using it for around 6-9 months I get so bored of the smell, only from using it a couple of times a week. I haven't got bored of Alien after over a year, which proves it's true love! Lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I remember when this perfume was launched and what a fuss was being made about. There was so much talk about how different it was and and that it wouldn't appeal to the masses. The bottle and campaign were also quite a divergence from the classic perfume image of glamour. After smelling it myself I was very intrigued and put it on my wish list and didn't get around to buying it for many years.

But now its hard to see what all the fuss was about. I really don't find this fragrance to be very unique or rather that different as its supposed to be. Perhaps it was at the time of it's realese?

It's staying power on me was non existant and I could barely smell it after 10 minutes. The bottle is rather beautiful though but I was surpised that the gold cap lid was made from cheap plastic. I hate to write a negative review for this fragrance as I really tried to like it but I won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

Sex in a bottle, this stuff smells very pungent of jasmine,vanilla, amber, and musk. I love the concept and the bottle is nicely designed. They also have a refill option which is nice EDIT: It's a little stinky...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was first attracted to this fragrance by the many controversal reviews. I allways want to see if I can love something many others seem to hate.
I also LOVED the bottle. It really looks like a magical gem, inscribed with runes, sitting in a golden standing in a fantasy castle in some magical kingdom. Because that's what I have to think about when I see this bottle. Not aliens, I have no interest in aliens, but fantasy and magic, that's totally me.
The bottle looks like it radiates magic. And it does! Once you spray the glorious contents.
I get very sharp, heavy jasmine in the beginning, but this note does not last long. I makes way for the fantastic scent of sunlit woods. It's quite sharp and dry and often makes me sneeze, but what do I care, it's the most cozy, gentle, warm, uplifting fragrance I've ever smelled. The jasmine is now completely gone and a lovely sensual vanillic amber accord blends perfectly with the cashmeran woody scent. I get something slightly salty as well, something that makes my mouth water without being gourmand! Really strange, but lovely.
The amber and woods create this beautiful soothing scent. Yes, it is sensual, it is mysterious, it is rich and deep and it is VERY strong. But it also lifts up my spirits, makes me feel at home, relaxed. This does not alienate me at all :)
Alien is a fragrance for a fantasyqueen. But a queen cannot allways be strong, and sometimes she needs to be comforted.

I've bought the deodorant and the bodylotion as well, to support the fragrance. I do not think they smell anything like the EDP at all, but maybe they just smell like the topnotes, which I hardly smell at all. I do not get any grape at all from the EDP, but the deodorant reminded me of a certain type of candy typical for Belgium, cuberdons. They taste like something that you could describe as candied grapes, so maybe that's what everybody is talking about.

Alien EDP, and the whole TM range is pretty expensive, but really, a little goes a very long way (one spritz is enough) and you can refill the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Soap. My first impression. Dishy soap or laundry powder. Nice scent for a cleaning product, but not for the price of this scent.
*UPDATE- Just went to bed and asked hubby what he thought of this scent: "Smells like my granny".

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No