October 1, 2014 | 1766 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Hannahx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite perrfume, even though I own others. It's quite hard to describe what it smells like, but it's certainly heady and quite musky, which I like. It lasts ages, and you only need a few spritzes so the bottle does last you a long time. You can usually get them refilled at certain department stores too, although I haven't tried that myself, but I imagine that saves sone money off of buying a new bottle. I would recommend this, although perfume is a very individual thing so I'd say make sure you smell it in person first.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I was hoping I would like this better than Angel, which I do. BUT it's another Thierry Mugler perfume that's strong and not the most wearable for every day. I can see people finding this sexy, because it does smell very unique and you want to keep smelling it. It's great for going out. Beautiful bottle, but I'm not sure if I would purchase this. I tried both the EDP & EDT versions. I prefer the EDT. It's more wearable on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One day, while searching for a pink Shu Umera blush that all the makeup mags said I just had to have (and like a dope I listened), a lovely Neiman Marcus sales associate appeared. "May I help, you?" She did just that and smelled good while doing it. "What perfume are you wearing?" "Alien". She then introduced me to "Angel's" sister. While the scent was lovely on the sales associate, I offend myself when I wear it. It's dusty and annoying. Not something I ever reach for. Another case of you better test drive it before you buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Welch's Grape Juice + Toxic Synthetic Jasmine = THIS. And if you want it off, you may just have to get it surgically removed. Best of luck! :)

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by msfrost

Sexy, dark, and organic. It makes me think of winter, a sultry cat eye, Louboutin heels, snow collecting on the windowsill, red wine, purple lingerie, and bass (the instrument, not the fish...lol) Scents are very subjective, but for me this is one of the best ones out there. The lasting power is insane, I need only two sprays that will last me all through the night (this is a night time scent) and I'll still catch whiffs of it in the morning. That said, it is strong and requires a strong attitude to pull it off. This is not for the wallflowers out there. The bottle is gorgeous and refillable. I can't give it enough praise, will definitely repurchase once it runs out, and definitely recommend :)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Two years ago I bought this for myself as a graduation gift. The smell is great, I love this perfume and it's definitly a smell that's soooo long lasting.

Highly recommend and I would re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Devonina

I'm in love with Alien. I remember smelling it a couple of times while worn on a doctor and on a lady down the street and I was completely obsessed... until I went to a shop and I decided I wanted a perfume. I had forgotten about Alien and the obsession I had for it.
The clerk made me smell many and when she sprayed Alien on a thick piece of paper I was about to cry... it was THAT perfume that had driven me crazy!
I love it because not many people use it - everyone asks me what is the name of the fragrance I am wearing because it is amazingly nice. I love that I use 3 sprays and it stays on all day!!! My mum says she knows when I've been home because even after a couple of days you can smell alien in the air.
It is very pricey but as I said needing very little to stay on all day it is really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love absolutely everything about this perfume! The smell to me is unique, and is such a stand out compared to others I own. I adore the bottle and how it is designed, I know it's the smell that counts but it is so nice to just look at... I love the way it is a love it or hate it perfume, it's some run of the mill fruity/floral perfume or whatever. The refill scheme is great as well. I'd say it's worth the money to buy because when you eventually get to refill the bottle, you get a discount which works out cheaper than repurchasing another bottle (in the UK).

With me, I usually buy a perfume which I adore, Marc Jacobs Lola is an example of this, and after using it for around 6-9 months I get so bored of the smell, only from using it a couple of times a week. I haven't got bored of Alien after over a year, which proves it's true love! Lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I remember when this perfume was launched and what a fuss was being made about. There was so much talk about how different it was and and that it wouldn't appeal to the masses. The bottle and campaign were also quite a divergence from the classic perfume image of glamour. After smelling it myself I was very intrigued and put it on my wish list and didn't get around to buying it for many years.

But now its hard to see what all the fuss was about. I really don't find this fragrance to be very unique or rather that different as its supposed to be. Perhaps it was at the time of it's realese?

It's staying power on me was non existant and I could barely smell it after 10 minutes. The bottle is rather beautiful though but I was surpised that the gold cap lid was made from cheap plastic. I hate to write a negative review for this fragrance as I really tried to like it but I won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

Sex in a bottle, this stuff smells very pungent of jasmine,vanilla, amber, and musk. I love the concept and the bottle is nicely designed. They also have a refill option which is nice EDIT: It's a little stinky...