July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Pagoda Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by nicosmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

is it worth it? YES!!!!!! i have to say so- at first, i didn't understand why anyone would spend so much on a lip gloss- but now i do- the texture is fabulous- it actually keeps my lips soft- it has a really nice sheen/shimmer- not overdone- pagoda is a pinky/goldy/plummy color- very pretty- great alone or with lipstick or liner- i wish it had a little flavor to it- but otherwise i say take the plunge and splurge- we're worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This shimmery, golden kissed rose is as beautiful on the lips as it is in the tube. It's warm and lovely, not as sheer as some other Glossimers, and applies like a dream - it's not at all tacky. It's not as thick as other glosses, either, but it does have great lasting power. I usually find myself wear this over MAC Whirl lipliner, Nars' Dolce Vita l/s, and I feel like my lips look lush, sexy, and understated all at once. Yes, pricey for a gloss, but I love this so much - I paid the hefty price tag (after taxes, over $30 CDN) without a second thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by graceyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It looks very natural on me. The texture is nice. It moisturizes my lips. I put this on all of my friends, and it looks great on all of us. Gives great shine. This is definitely something I will keep buying

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by tadpoleSYR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this lip gloss deserves every single post that extols its absolute fabulousness. it has great pigmentation, a shiny metallic finish that still somehow manages to look natural, and a smooth, long lasting texture. i love that there's no smell or weird taste plus it's not sticky like other glosses (*cough* mac lipglass *cough*). the only qualm i have about it is the packaging. while i love how uber glamorous it is, i posted on the boards about the "splooging" effect (yes, i just used the word 'splooge'). for a gloss this pricey and beloved, i don't want to waste even the smallest amount by having it overflow everytime i try to place the wand back into the tube. i've found that if you put in the wand slowly, it reduces the splooginess, so keep that in mind. we want this to go a long way. so go out and get yourself a tube immediately! pagoda is the PERFECT quintessential ylbb shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by maddiesmom4

This is my favorite Glossimer! Gorgeous color. It reminds me of Blizzard, but Blizzard is more mauve where Pagoda is more berry. Both have gold shimmer that is beautiful and refined and not glittery or chunky. I wear this with Chanel Nude l/l, MAC Hug Me and Pagoda on top. I get compliments all the time! I love the classic Chanel black & gold but don't love the fact that a lot of product gets wasted along where the wand screws into the tube. It tends to goop right there and can be quite messy. Expensive but worth it! For reference, I am a LLL w/ brown eyes and brown/red (Chocolate cherry) hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by trixiefaux

I'm not generally a lip gloss girl, I lean more toward good old-fashioned lipstick. But, I like variety and do enjoy the quick and easy application of a gloss. Usually glosses just feel too slick or too sticky and that bugs me. Not the case with this Glossimer. The pink sparkly color of Pagoda is not too-pink nor too-sparkly but rather more neutral on, very pretty. The consistancy is really nice and gel like, not slippery or sticky, something in between. It feels nice and moisturizing on. The most amazing thing was that the first day I used it, I put it on and an hour or two later I had a bowl of miso soup with noodles for lunch (kinda messy). After eating the soup, the gloss was still on. I did touch it up a little out of habit, but the color was still there. I thought that was pretty special for a gloss. I have since bought Unity Glossimer as well. Love them both. They're changing my mind about glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by tickedoffchick

Love it love it love it! The texture is awesome and this is such a versatile color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 11:32:00 AM More reviews by juleslaw

Wow.. this is my favorite Glossimer. It is a beautiful color. It shows up as a sheer mauve/rose color with hints of berry on my pigmented lips. It looks extremely natural but makes my lips look so full and glossy. The formula has silver and berry sparkles in it, but not too much. Pagoda, however, is not frosty like Blizzard is. The texture of the formula is so satiny - it just glides on. I highly recommend this Glossimer for use with bold eye-makeup or when you just want to look natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by MichErin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pagoda is part of the Fall collection. It is an absolutely gorgeous bronzey rose on my pigmented lips. Like other Glossimers, it feels nice and lasts for quite awhile. My only complaint is the packaging--sometimes a bit of gloss oozes out when I screw the cap back on.

For reference I am a MAC NC30-35 with blue eyes and brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2005 6:58:00 AM More reviews by mdenbraber

Lovely nudish pink sparkly color. It was a bit too light for my complexion, but when I fill my lips with a darker (plum, Mac) liner and than put on the glossimer, it looks so beautiful.

I guess this is what giggle glossimer would look like when it had more sparkle. Quality and texture as great as you can expect from Chanel. Love their glossimers!