April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kellywolfe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product. I bought both the liquid with the pump (havent tried yet) and the creme in the jar. I absolutley love the creme one. its not thick but it covers everything and makes me look flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by karamelsutra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this foundation. i dont use it often though. but when i do, like if i get a pimple, it works well. nice coverage and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how much I liked this product. It is the coverage of the CG clean makeup that I love. I got it with a coupon so I didn't have to pay the 10.99 for it which seems a bit much for a drugstore foundation. However, it did make my skin look flawless so I will prob. repurchase! I just hate that CG's colors aren't the 'same' througout all of their stuff.

UPDATE: This has become my HG foundation. Orginally, I used Lancome Teint Idole Ultra which I thought was amazing. But, I notice when I venture off to another foundation, it doesn't give me the 'radiance' this one does!! My skin looks 'dewy' and soft when I wear this. Others have a tendacy to make my skin look cakey and 'Non-luminous' (Word?) Anyways, I will continue to keep buying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by marylee_126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the liquid version coming in the pump bottle. It's really a decent foundation in terms of texture and package. It is super easy to be blended (maybe the easiest one I've ever used), and it won't set in your pores, fine lines or dry patches. The coverage is light to medium which is enough for me, and it nicely evens out your skin tone by covering all the redness and discoloration. The finish is dewy and natural, and my pores almost become invisible. Moreover, although my skin is oily and acne-prone, it lasts through the whole day without migrating, and never breaks me out. In all those aspects, I would say this foundation is unbeatable, and I almost thought I found my HG. However, I've noticed that my complexion keeps getting dirty recently several hours after I apply my makeups, and the colors of all the makeups I am wearing really become bizarre! Especially my bronzer, my blush all change into some yucky orange colors, which makes me look like a horrendous mandarin! I know the fact that this foundation got more pinkish tone rather than yellow, which does not favor my light Asian skin. But I've never expected that all my blushes can turn into some wacky orange tone if I wear them on the top of this foundation (I've tested on my other MAC, Za, Shiseido, Maybelline foundations, and that never happened)!!! I guess that might be caused by oxidization but blotting the oiliness didn't really help. Wrong color is the worst foundation nightmare for me, so bye bye CG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by waddlesworth

This is for the liquid version. I got a sample in the mail too. there was probably a teaspoon of foundation in the packet, which would be about a week long supply of this foundation. Its extremely thick and mousse like, and blends very well, so a little goes a long way. You'll probably squeeze out more foundation than you can use.

The thing you have to know about this foundation is that the end result is really like a powder foundation. The thick mousse-like texture dries to a powdery finish, and if you put on too much, it will look like if you caked on 10 layers of powder.

When I looked in the mirror a foot or two away, it looked really good. But when I got close to the mirror and looked carefully, I could tell that I was wearing foundation. It was a little cakey and dry and powdery looking. People probably wouldn't notice unless they actually looked carefully though.

Anyway, I think the liquid-to-powder foundation idea is pretty cool, but I'm not going to buy this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kak513

This is for the liquid version. I received a sample in the mail (I can almost remember making the request months ago..) and tried it out today. It came with a couple of colors, and I opted to use buff beige since it was the lightest shade and I'm rather pale. I put it on after my moisturizer soaked in for about 15 minutes and it was really easy to spread around and blend it. Since I rarely use liquid makeup (I almost always use powdered mineral makeup) it was a little awkward, so I just pumped some onto my fingertips and smeared it around like lotion until the streaks evened out. Not bad, it gave me a really nice, even finish. The color might have been a little dark but I feel like I got away with it. Overall, I was pleased! Come 2.5 hours later, however, and my face was the wettest, greasiest mess EVER. It literally looked like I was ready for a strong man contest. Several blotting tissues later, and I was back to presentable, but that was really quite a shocker. I don't have oily skin--in fact, it's been dry lately. Shudder. What allows me to give this a decent review is how the makeup itself didn't migrate AT ALL. I always have the issue of makeup creasing in the wee wrinkles around my eyes (15 years of wearing contacts and rubbing my eyes) and exactly 12 hours later, and my face looks smooth and even--no highlighted creases (although it's nearing time to blot again.) I just can't get over it! If this went on sale, I might be tempted to purchase a bottle to use sometimes--provided I kept blotting paper and translucent powder nearby. Maybe this would be better in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

This is for the cream to powder foundation in the compact. It feels very similar to L'oreal's cream to powder foundation expect it is more creamer. I got buff beige and it was a good color for me.However, I personally think it is too greasy to the oily skins. I returned it. As a summary, Cover Girl's foundations are best for normal to slightly oily skins. Definitely its foundations and powders lack oil absorbing ability.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I was a devotee of AquaSmooth for ages, and then the Advanced Radiance came out around the same time my skin was getting dryer even during the summer months. It's as if it was meant to be. Every now and then I get seduced by a pricier, high-end foundation such as Laura Mercier silk creme and there's just no comparison. I use a light hand and it still covers well while looking very natural. My skin feels smooth and soft all day, too, without becoming greasy and without the foundation breaking down. I don't use a heavy moisturizer under this, just a light application of a non-greasy gel-cream moisturizer. I also use the CG neutralizer concealer for the pinkish areas around my nose or the occasional blemish and then a light, light T-zone application of Maybelline's Dream Matte powder in the second lightest color to set. My only complaint is about the shape of the compact, which is on the large side. I'd prefer a standard sized compact with the sponge in a compartment underneath the foundation, but that's really just a minor complaint.

**UPDATE: I think this is being discontinued to make room for that pasty, pink gunk Cover Girl recently added to their arsenal of foundations. What a shame. It's a great alternative to Aquasmooth for the winter months, and the new foundation is not only awful, but the colors do not correspond to the numbers/names of other CG foundations. Time to wave goodbye to CG and start looking elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by HippieDippy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, and it is one of my staples. I use the Ivory, it blends perfectly and covers blemishes very well. Once, I bought an expensive foundation, just to see how it was, and I was at target two days later buying this again. The only one bad thing is that I think the longer I use it the less it looks like it's original color, and I usually end up buying more before I am completely out of it because the color is weird towards the end of the container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

I wouldn't have picked up this foundation if CVS didn't have their BOGOF deal on Cover Girl Radiance makeup. $10.99 is a bit much for a drugstore foundation. I like the way this foundation glides smoothly over my face and it also didn't feel greasy on me. I used my MAC stippling brush (#187) instead of the sponge to apply it. The only problem with Cover Girl is their unnatural shades. I used Buff Beige ( I'm Asian, MAC NC 30, Shiseido O40) and it still looked pink on my skin in natural light. I guess I can only wear this foundation in the evening (the only time it looks decent). If Cover Girl would make some of their shades more yellow based, I would use their products on a daily basis. I won't buy this again unless they make more yellow based shades. :-(
EDIT: I gave this compact makeup another try. Instead of using my MAC stippling brush to apply, I wet the sponge that came with the compact and apply it on my face. The results were even better and looked more natural (even in natural light). A damp sponge gives you a sheer look instead of a cakey one. The shade "Buff Beige" is still not a dead on match for me but on days when I don't want to use my MAC or Shiseido foundations, I can use this Covergirl makeup. It's not yellow enough to make it one of my HG foundations but I will give this makeup 4 lippies instead of 3! If you prefer drugstore brands, give this Covergirl Advanced Radiance compact a try.