December 22, 2014 | 939 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ddou6780

I've been buying this product for a few months now after reading reviews on MUA. The first time I tried this I absolutely fell in love with it. It went on really easy, covered really well and didn't make my skin break-out. Now, after using it for a while, I'm finding that it isn't what it used to be. I think it might just be my skin needing a change, but this foundation (in pump bottle) doesn't seem to be covering as well. I notice dry skin patched more than I used to, and the colour isn't just the same. I decided a while ago to try a new foundation, but didn't get around to it...I found out the other day that Covergirl actually test on animals, and that is a big thing for me, so i will be making the effort to find a new foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by suzannecastello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation. It has good coverage and feels good on the skin. I used 105 and the color was perfect. It is not for oily skin, though. I liked it when I first put it on, but my skin was too oily for it and it would start to slip a few hours later. I bought my mother-in-law some and she loved it. She has dry skin and is in her '60's. It is really more liquidy than I would have thought, given the jar that it is packaged in, so be careful when you open it because it will slosh out. If you have slightly dry to dry skin and are battling wrinkles, try this out. I found that for the price, it is worth it. If my skin changes as I get older and gets dryer, I would definately buy this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by laurenwf07

I'm 18 and I have pretty good skin and i can rarely find anything that i love enough to buy more than once .. I use this with MAC studio fix and it looks flawless.. I just went and bought it for the third time today i love it so much! i have tried everything! I would compare this stuff to any high dollar foundation.. it's a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by emeyer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 60 years young and have reddish blotches on my cheeks from sun damage in my foolish youth! The compact creme to powder version of this is amazing! It covers the blotches with a very light application and stays covered all day. (I do set it with loose powder after application.) It took several versions to find the perfect shade...120 for winter, 130 for summer...much darker than my usual purchases in "ivory". My skin is oily in the T-zone and this does not melt...even in humidity.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This will teach me a lesson about not buying something just because it's on sale and comes with free "extras."

First, the sunny side:
I found the color (Ivory/105) to be nice and neutral for my fair skin with golden/olive undertones. It evens out my skin tone and provides medium coverage. The foundation has just enough shimmer enough to look dewy, but not so much that it's shiny.

The downfall:
This stuff is sticky. Like, sticky to the point that it feels tacky when I touch my face and there's even a barely audible "sticky" sound when I pull my hand away. Eww. I typically wear mineral makeup, so I expected there to be a mild annoyance factor when going back to liquid, but this is very different from other liquid foundations I've used. I applied the foundation with a damp sponge and used very little, so using too much isn't the problem.
Also, this foundation actually highlights wrinkles I didn't realize I had. This may go back to the stickiness of it, because I noticed that when I smile, the expression lines stick around for a few minutes after I've stopped. The fine lines on my forehead are slightly more noticeable, as well. I certainly didn't expect to see more lines when using an "Age Defying" product.

The bottom line is, if you can deal with the foundation's texture and you don't have fine lines that could be exaggerated by this, it's a winner. LIke I said, the coverage and color are good. I'll keep this around to use as a spot concealer and eyeshadow base, but not as a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, let me say that this is the first time I've gone back to drugstore foundation since the days of being a poor college student. This foundation ris almost identical to a Chanel creme foundation I tried once(I can't remember the exact name of it.) This It comes in a pump bottle, which I love, and it is very reasonably priced. It has Olay Regenerist ingredients in it also. It is easily blendable, silky smooth (probably due to some silicones in it), and very shade-forgiving. It does have that strong Olay fragrance to it, but I happen to like it, and it fades quickly. It feels refreshing going on, lasts a 12 hour night shift, and covers well. Sometimes I feel a little oily after about 8 hours, but good God, I can't really complain about that. I also think it works well with the pressed powder in the same line. PS - I apply it with a foundation brush and it works well for coverage this way. It does not break out my acne prone skin despite the probable silicone ingredients. LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kellywolfe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product. I bought both the liquid with the pump (havent tried yet) and the creme in the jar. I absolutley love the creme one. its not thick but it covers everything and makes me look flawless!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by karamelsutra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this foundation. i dont use it often though. but when i do, like if i get a pimple, it works well. nice coverage and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how much I liked this product. It is the coverage of the CG clean makeup that I love. I got it with a coupon so I didn't have to pay the 10.99 for it which seems a bit much for a drugstore foundation. However, it did make my skin look flawless so I will prob. repurchase! I just hate that CG's colors aren't the 'same' througout all of their stuff.

UPDATE: This has become my HG foundation. Orginally, I used Lancome Teint Idole Ultra which I thought was amazing. But, I notice when I venture off to another foundation, it doesn't give me the 'radiance' this one does!! My skin looks 'dewy' and soft when I wear this. Others have a tendacy to make my skin look cakey and 'Non-luminous' (Word?) Anyways, I will continue to keep buying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by marylee_126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the liquid version coming in the pump bottle. It's really a decent foundation in terms of texture and package. It is super easy to be blended (maybe the easiest one I've ever used), and it won't set in your pores, fine lines or dry patches. The coverage is light to medium which is enough for me, and it nicely evens out your skin tone by covering all the redness and discoloration. The finish is dewy and natural, and my pores almost become invisible. Moreover, although my skin is oily and acne-prone, it lasts through the whole day without migrating, and never breaks me out. In all those aspects, I would say this foundation is unbeatable, and I almost thought I found my HG. However, I've noticed that my complexion keeps getting dirty recently several hours after I apply my makeups, and the colors of all the makeups I am wearing really become bizarre! Especially my bronzer, my blush all change into some yucky orange colors, which makes me look like a horrendous mandarin! I know the fact that this foundation got more pinkish tone rather than yellow, which does not favor my light Asian skin. But I've never expected that all my blushes can turn into some wacky orange tone if I wear them on the top of this foundation (I've tested on my other MAC, Za, Shiseido, Maybelline foundations, and that never happened)!!! I guess that might be caused by oxidization but blotting the oiliness didn't really help. Wrong color is the worst foundation nightmare for me, so bye bye CG!