Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 7/6/2013 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

This works just fine for setting my brows, however I prefer the E.L.F clear brown gel and mascara. I'm not a fan of the brush because it is so thin that it takes multiple strokes to cover my brows (which aren't very full). I understand that this is a mascara so maybe that is why the brush is smaller, but I am reviewing this as a brow gel, not a mascara. I found that this was a very wet product and took more time than I would like to dry. I will not repurchase, but I will use up.

on 7/5/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this clear mascara for my brows! I bought this for the purpose of using it as a brow gel and it works very well to keep my brow hairs in place and to hold their shape. The key to using this is to apply it very sparingly and lightly comb through your brow hairs to your desired brow shape. If you apply too much, it will take a very long time to dry and make your brows look "wet and shiny". It does not feel sticky or clumpy on the brow hairs, it feels smooth and lightly "gelled in place". Overall a great and inexpensive product. I use this everyday, and I don't see anyone running out of this for at least a year.

on 6/27/2013 2:05:00 PM

Works great for eye brows they should call it great brow :) awesome though!

on 6/22/2013 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this for keeping my unruly long haired brows in place! I fill my brows on, lightly apply this, and after dry I fill them in again. It feels wet like water when first applied, not sticky at all. I brush them in place and it dries quickly and feels like my normal brows. Really keeps them in place without being sticky or crusty.

on 6/20/2013 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product does everything I need it to. I use it basically every day. I have long lashes to begin with, so this does a good job of separating them and keeping them in place. It also works well to hold my brows in place after filling them in.
I'm pretty sure it's really just a mild-formula hair gel in a tube.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I finally remembered to pick this up after hearing such good things about it for your brows and it did NOTHING for me-- at first I was worried it might flake or show up since my eyebrows are really dark brown & I've had that issue with other clear brow gels, but this just did nothing-- I wish there was more I could say about it but it was pointless! I have very long eyebrow hairs, so maybe that's why it didn't really help with keeping them in place...but I just expected more from such a hyped up product. Thankfully it's such a good price I don't feel bad about wasting the money on something that just didn't work for me.

on 6/12/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased this product multiple times over the years, and have absolutely no complaints - there's nothing better for taming my thick eyebrows or for highlighting my lower lashes a bit (regular mascara always seems to slide off of those). It is pretty easy to find on sale, but I would happily pay full price for this item, as it performs far better than the more expensive brow groomers on the market. No flaking, and it sets my brows with a very natural look. Even though I replace it every three months for hygiene, it all adds up to a win-win situation. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/27/2013 9:04:00 PM

While I've never used this as a clear mascara, I've repurchased this several times as a brow gel. My brows, which can get a little wild, stay put when I set them with this gel. I particularly like that this clear mascara does not dry down wet and crunchy looking like some others I have tried, and it never flakes on me. I've never tried higher end brow gels, and I've never felt the need to spend 5 times as much when this does the job just fine. It is an under-appreciated and often forgotten about staple in my routine since it isn't the most exciting or glamorous product, but it is effective and affordable.

on 5/26/2013 2:24:00 PM

This is an excellent brow gel. It does a great job setting my brows, which are extremely unruly.

My go to brow gel. I would not use this as a mascara, but as a brow gel, it's fantastic for setting my unruly brows in place. You can often get this for under $5, which is a steal.

Video Reviews & Tutorials