August 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to be that girl with severely overplucked brows that were essentially non existant. Thank goodness that girl is long gone and after 2 years my eyebrows have finally came back! My eyebrows for the most part are now full and untamely. Even though I trim my eyebrows they still like to move around everywhere throughout the day and I was desperate for a remedy. I picked this up at Walgreens and was super stoked to try it out. I don't usually fill in my brows unless I'm in the mood but I decided to use my Milani's Fix Brow Kit before trying this bad boy out. Upon first application of the clear mascara/brow gel, I realized how overly wet it is. When I put some on my eyebrows it definitely looked way too wet and shiny. I kind of wiped it off with a Q-Tip and when I tried a second time, I actually took the wand and wiped off the excess on the back of my hand. Well, that did the trick! It tamed my brows beautifully without weighing them down and it kind of toned down my done up brows which I love. SO happy I found this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this product to me as a lash primer and I decided to buy it since it's so cheap ($5) and I was looking for something to really help my mascara look even better. I also read after that you can use this as a brow gel, awesome! I finally opened my package and used it this morning before I put on my mascara and I don't know if it was just me but the brush applies way too much product and the brush is way too small for my lashes. It kind of glooped up on the lashes and didn't look good at all. Once I put mascara on they looked only okay. But I won't completely write this off, I'm going to work on my application first and see it it is still okay.

Even thought my experience with my lashes wasn't that great, my experience with my brows was a better one. I have long, coarse eyebrows and they usuallly get out of place and I have never used a brow gel before because I didn't think it was a big deal since my eyebrows aren't too out of control. I put this gel on after filled in my brows with a powder and wow it makes such a difference! It makes them look nice and sharpand I don't get the long hairs that go out of place either. It lasts all day, doesn't get hard and doesn't look shiny or wet on the brows. That is why I gave this a 4, for brows and I'd probably give it a 2.5 for eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this stuff for my brows. I mix it a little it of a black mascara that I don't like but don't want to waste, gives my lashes a tiny bit of a tint but it's enough to leave colour if I accidentally touch my skin.

The only con is that the wand doesn't touch the bottom of the tube, even after you screw it closed all the way. And the neck is way narrower than the container so there's all this product going to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best eyebrow gel ever! I've never tried it was a mascara so I can't comment on that part. I've been using this for 8 years and will continue to do so. HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i use this product as a brow gel, it's an excellent brow gel. i gave it a 4 because it sucks as a mascara. first off, the packaging is okay. my problem with it is when i put the wand back in the product it tends to go to the side, which isn't a huge problem, it can get on my nerves at times. the pricing is good, around $4 - $6. i like this product because it's cheaper than a brow gel. when i put my brow powder on (only where my eyebrow is uneven) it stays on the entire day using this. it can fade, but not really. it keeps it put, which i like. overall, this is a good brow gel and i'd recommend it for anyone to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Holds my brow hair and doesn't flake or feel stiff I dont get breakouts from this and my skin is sensitive. Cheap price and super easy to find

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm going to go ahead and give this two stars as opposed to the one star that I have the regular black Great Lash because it makes a decent brow gel.

I have not used this on my lashes, but it's nice as a brow gel. It provides light hold, which may not be optimal for someone who has thicker, coarser brows (since my brows are fine, it works perfectly for me).

It's an all right brow gel, but there's better. Since the formula is the same as the original Great Lash (wet, goopy, and every other negative word that you can think of), I'm sure this will suck as mascara as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product for as a gift from someone. I never use it because it is really only good for keeping your brows in place. Not much for your eyes, unless you have full thick lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I primarily use this on my eyelashes. I tried it on my brows a few times, but I greatly prefer Tweezerman's brow mousse for that use. It provides a nice natural mascara look, but as others have said it is a little wet on application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I use this product on my eyebrows. I bought it while my local CVS was having a sale on Maybelline products, plus I had a coupon :) this item replaced my Cover Girl Professional clear mascara. unfortunately, I don't care much for this product. the reason why is because of the packaging. I'm not talking about the green and pink colors on the tube, I mean the way the stopper and brush coordinate with each other. the brush is pretty small, and I feel like the stopper should be made so that it has a tighter grip on the brush as it is slid through the tube. I frequently have the problem of getting too much product on the brush, which initially makes my eyebrows "over-gelled", and then later in the day, I actually get a little bit of dandruff-like crust when the gel dries up. I don't think I ever had this problem with the Cover Girl mascara. however, I gave this mascara a 3 because I can make it work if I wipe off the excess gel from the wand onto the sides of the tube without making a huge mess, which is a little inconvenient.

I'm supposing that the regular Great Lash mascara uses the same kind of packaging as the clear one, and if so, now I understand why a lot of people don't like it.