September 22, 2014 | 519 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by onceuponatime1

I read these comments months ago and bought the product, thinking that it worked just as great as everyone said. I figured maybe I was using the wrong styling products or washing in harder water or something, but eventually I realized it was this bottle making my hair SO DRY. At first it was great. I've been using it for months, though, and I've also noticed that it leaves this... residue... on my scalp that would stay under my fingernails whenever I scratched my head. Gross! Since then, I switched shampoos and noticed a great difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow. I may be in love with Suave's Sleek Look shampoo and conditioner combo. The shampoo cleans your hair really well, unlike most smoothing shampoos. It smells great too (there are so many bad reviews pertaining to the scent of this line. I think it smells like average shampoo.). So this manages to smooth your hair, clean it, and not sacrifice any volume. In fact, I feel like it added volume to my hair. The bottle cost less than $2 at Target and they sell a jumbo size bottle too.

Update: After a few disappointing hair days, I believe that the secret to this stuff is using cold water to rinse your hair. The first time I used this, our hot water was completely out, so I had an icy shower, and coincidentally my hair was awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Compared to Suave's other shampoos, I like how this one is slightly more moisturizing and still cleans well. I liked the smell at first and thought it smelled a bit fruity, but after another try, I found that it smells like Febreze's mint spray (yuck.) Besides the smell, I like the texture, how it performs, etc, but I think I'm going to try other shampoos before I repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Green4ngel

This shampoo (combined with the conditioner) made my hair feel silky. However, the scent is very powerful, and even washing every other day it remains too strong for me. Since pregnancy I have become very sensitive to perfumes so it may just be my hypersensitivity, but I will not be able to keep using it. Good quality shampoo, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by leh22686

Wow....I did not have high hopes for this product despite the high reviews because I have been a shampoo snob for years. Boy was I wrong. This is great! The smell does not bother me, I can't remember what it reminds me of but it's pretty fresh smelling. This combined with the conditioner make my hair feel like silk which is something I have never gotten from ANY shampoo. Maybe it won't always make my hair feel that way (you know how it feels like some shampoos stop working after a month or so?) but I hope it continues. I bought it on sale at Target for $1.77 and it made me laugh because the shampoo and conditioner combined cost less than a typical drugstore shampoo and it's about 1/10 of the price of salon shampoo.

I have already recommended this to several people.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff I had this in my bathroom, and forgot about it I'm so tired
of using shampoo's and Condtioner's, that do nothing and you pay so much for them this stuff work's my hair, looks so smooth and easy to work with I will not buy name brand, anymore save your money and buy Suave.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by hrshykss

I loved the way this shampoo made my hair feel & look, but I could not stand the smell -- and I'm not usually very sensitive to that. Even with my hair pulled back in a pony tail, I could smell it on me all day. I actually ended up throwing away the rest of the bottle!

I'm having much better luck with Suave professionals shine enhancing shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this after reading such good reviews. I have really embraced suave lately after thinking that my hair required "better" products. This shampoo is amazing, left my hair SO soft and helped with frizz (and Im talking 100% humidity conditions). the price is another of its great qualities, think it was under $2!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jleighada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this and thought it was great. Very cheap and effective. Have been using it for a few months now. Would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by pudadough

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I've been using this after a brief stint of indulgence with Redken's All Soft line and I can honestly say I like this better. I've been using this with the Sleek Look conditioner for about 5 weeks and the results are unbelievable for the roughly $2.50 I spent on each at Wal-Mart. I have thick, slightly wavy hair that is past my shoulders. I have terrible frizzies in humid weather and this tames them. A word of caution: If you have a hard time with scents, this one has a very distinct "mediciney" one. It fades significantly after drying, but it's still a factor to consider. I still give it 5 lippies as this doesn't bother me. YAY!