April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the cream version of this when I got my first tattoo to keep it moisturized and from scabs forming while it healed. It did a wonderful job, scabbed just a teeny bit and not much itching.

LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ca806

I use this lotion on my body and face, it's so good! My skin is actually combination, so I have extremely flaky areas and some oily. This is the only lotion that can moisturize the really dry areas on my face, and a little goes a long way too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this for me... i use my hands alot at work and requires frequent washing. I use this for while... and i don't really like how thick it is. and I don't think it does what it claims "restore moisture, smoother and softer"...

but then again... i've tried many other products and nothing really works...><

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ksuey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the cheaper but most effective creams for dry skin EVER. FIVE STARS :)
A lot of people I know actually own it and use it as hand cream. I remember the first time I used it, not only was I was blown away by how supple my hands were, but the staying power (which btw, lasted forever no joke)!

All you have to do is make sure you don't squeeze out too much on your hands. I mean I personally don't mind that residue feeling (not sticky/greasy though... it's hard to describe) but that's just me.

BUT HERE'S THE CATCH:
Rather than using it on my hands, I find that this works best on my LIPS :) [haha, am I the only one?] I constantly have chapped lips (sigh.. Canada..) and this works absolute WONDERS. It's AMAAAZING. I don't see why there's so much hype about Vaseline as a lip balm when THIS actually sinks in and moisturizes. Because I put a lot on my lips, I feel like the residue is an even better moisture retaining barrier than Vaseline.

Honestly, all the dry flakes and chapped lips just... disappear. It's incredible. The cream sinks in so fast (as it does anywhere else) and it leaves my lips with this plush (not shiny) and completely, kissabley soft. It's beautiful and great and I LOVE IT :)

PS. I have the green one but if you don't like the scent of the original, there's always the unscented version (it's in white).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I bought the unscented hand cream in the white tube. This stuff is amazing! It is great for the cold winter months and keeps my hands moisturized without feeling greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by B_Lush

This product is a must to medical workers everywhere. A bit greasy at first but is sinks in pretty fast. I wash my hands more than 20x a day (and that's just at work) and I love that I'm able to carry this little tube in my pocket and re-apply as needed. I like the scented one, smells clean and fresh, but not too strong that it would be offensive to people around me. Our local Target stopped carrying Glysomed products awhile back and I had to experiment with different hand creams. I was happy to find it at a Safeway last month... I stocked up! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by jenikat

I found this on clearance at the grocery store for $1.75 and decided to give it a whirl. I'm always on the lookout for new hand creams that might actually make a difference. I tell you what, I was impressed by this little tube! Without any exfoliation beforehand, my hands were instantly bathed in moisture and softness and now I can't wait to try them with gloves on overnight. It feels like an instant hand makeover, and absorbs quickly. I can't stop feeling the back of my hands. I've tried my hand (pun intended) at La Mer, and for me, this beats it hands down for price and results. My hands don't feel greasy and have this nice satiny feel to them. What a cheap and wonderful find! Highly recommended if you can find it! I should have bought all of the clearance tubes up! I'm giving this 5 lippies for now as I can't imagine I'll find a more cost effective way to obtain softer hands.

Update - I just exfoliated my hands with a homemade concoction of mine (contains baking soda, tea tree oil, sea salt, and a bunch of other natural ingredients) and then used this after I dried my hands...OMG! What a difference! I am just dying to shake hands with other people at this point... love this Glysomed! Dare I say this combo has completely outdone my Mary Kay Satin Hands!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sixdemonbag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is incredible. You can definitely feel the silicone when first applied (which is kinda tacky), but it absorbs pretty quickly and then supplies fantastic moisture and velvety softness. You need very little product and don't need to reapply often at all, so the relatively high price is tolerable. I also like that it is truly unscented, without the chemical smell of many unscented products. I love this stuff and won't touch anything else for my hands. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by LilMsJksn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lotion is the BOMB! I wear gloves all day and I'm constantly washing my hands. This is one of the few lotions that really restores the moisture for me. I can't believe how well this stuff works. Only problem is it's really difficult to find, I've only seen it in Shop Rite.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

I got this as a free sample from somewhere (can't remember where) and it hasn't been until yesterday that I even remembered about it. I work on a farm and handle horses for 8 hours per day so my hands have been incredibly dry. I have been trying out different moisturizers but many I need to constantly re-apply. I tried this yesterday and today and so far quite like it. Although it doesn't moisturize as much as my hands need it to, I really like it. I don't know if I have a different batch or what, but I didn't find this product to be overly greasy. It takes a few minutes for it to sink into your hands but it's a very nice and thick cream.