August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by trigforner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a GREAT product for removing makeup and other dirt. It takes EVERYTHING off your face and is the only product that I have found to take off the MAC liquidlast liner, which is kinda like a semi-permanent eyeliner. I don't use this every night because it's pretty expensive for me and it's a pain to order it and pay for shipping too (the price and hassle of getting is the reason for the lippie off). If this was less expensive and sold conveniently at CVS it would definitely be a 5lippie product for me. Oh, it's also a little drying so be sure to moisturize well after use.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't decide about this stuff. I like that it removes all foundation and sunscreen from my face (my cleanser alone wasn't doing that), but I detest the physical feel of the oil and the idea of putting oil on my acne-prone skin. I follow with regular cleanser to make sure all the oil is gone, but putting oil on my skin still makes me uneasy. I seem to be getting a few whiteheads around my nose, but I don't know if that is just coincidence. Surely there is another product that will thoroughly remove makeup without drying out my skin. (I have combination skin, and some cleansers are too drying for my cheeks and eye area.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, this oil seriously irritated my very sensitive eyes. Otherwise it worked great getting off my MU (including mascara). I will have to stay with Shu Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by DiAni

I am lazy. At the end of the day I don't want to spend 5 minutes scrubbing makeup junk of my face. Those makeup wipes ain't soft enough, the eye makeup remover stinks my eyes like hell and no matter what I still have mascara residues under my eyes. DHC Cleaning Oil is so simple, I pump half a pump, rub it all over my face while standing in the shower waiting for the water to warm up. Voila, clean soft skin. Then I just wash my face off with a tidbit of Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanse.
I used to have oily skin all over, but as I get older and use birth control, my skin is now dry and oily, I have dry flakes all around my nose and chin and DHC cleansing oil helps so much with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, reactive, oily skin and wanted something to take off my BB cream and mascara without irritating my skin or breaking me out.

This is a simple product that does the trick nicely without fancy bottles or strong fragrances. It also seems to be relatively safe to use (Good Guide rated it an 8 out of 10 for Health).

Although this is an oil, it easily rinses off with just water and it takes off all my makeup. You apply this to dry skin, rub it around a bit, and then pat a little water on your face and rub it around again to emulsify the oil before you can rinse it off. Used this way, it rinses very cleanly. It smells just like olive oil, but the scent is pretty light, and I don't smell it after I rinse my face. I usually follow up with a gentle cleanser, although this probably isn't necessary.

It's fairly pricey to begin with, but one bottle has lasted me more than 18 months with daily use. You also don't need to buy cotton balls or pads with this. My one gripe with this product is that the pump bottle isn't the best for travel, although DHC sometimes has sample sachets of this oil available.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by OrganizedTourist

I've tried various types of makeup removers and haven't been really happy with what I can find out there. I was reading up online about this product and found it at a local Japanese beauty supply store.

I decided to try it out and was surprised at the simple packaging and low cost. I use the Kiss Me Mascara which can be really hard to take off so I actually use their own eye makeup remover first to help loosen the mascara before applying this product. Then with dry skin, which is the trick to using this product, I rub this into my face and rub it gently over the eyes in circles.

Afterward, I rinse off before using my face wash and let me tell you this stuff really works! My face has never been this clean before after taking off makeup. I would have to use so many cotton pads and makeup remover to take it all off but with one pump from this oil, it works like magic.

I am really happy that I found this product because now I have a reliable makeup remover that actually takes off makeup!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product and tried for several weeks to use it for two purposes. One, I hoped that it would help with clogged pores. Two, I hope that it would be a good makeup remover. Unfortunately, this product did not do either of these things. I wear sunscreen and foundation almost every day and need something that will totally remove both. This product removed most of my makeup and sunscreen but even after cleansing with a foaming cleanser, I could run a damp cotton ball over my face and it would not be clean and I could see foundation on it. It clogged me near my hairline, although not badly. In my opinion, if you are looking to remove makeup, Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm is a much better product and did not break me out or clog me at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after becoming a DHC customer for their moisturizer and after reading how great it is to wash your face with oils. I was excited to try this as I'm a big proponent of face/skin health and premature aging.

I found this was great for my occasional dry skin (especially this winter) when it came time for washing. It was also great, obviously with removing makeup. However, my face felt dirty, greasy like. My pores felt clogged. I felt like I had a film of oil on my face. I did totally rinse it off, so I know they wasn't the issue. I found myself washing my face again to remove this feeling.

I used the product up best I could but as a makeup remove mostly just so it wouldn't go to waste as it wasn't cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Stacela72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

removes makeup extremely well, I will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This is a great product. I used two different methods while trying out this product. One way just as the package states and apply it to dry skin and then rinse with water. I also tried mixing it with water so it turned milky. I preferred the first wa

I think it did a better job although it feels funny to use oil on dry skin. It did cleanse my skin nicely and got all of the oil off. I will definitely purchase more in the future!