October 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty nice. I have normal-dry skin, that can feel incredibly dry if I dont use the right cleanser. This take off all my make-up very well without making my skin dry, tight, or oily. I feel comfortable not double cleansing while using this, and never broke out while I use the entire bottle. It is nice, but a tiny bit expensive for my budget, especially where I can get cheaper alternative. However, comparing with more high-end cleansing oil, this is affordable and effective in its own right.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by humbledaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I always purchase several when DHC puts it on sale. Additionally, I like to have the smaller size around for travel, because you don't want to be taking that big pump bottle on a trip, especially if it's already open. I use foundation every day and I love how it just takes all of it off at the end of the day. When I've been without it, I felt like my face was not clean. (Sometimes at my boyfriend's house I use those cloths -- when I do, i just think, is my face clean? I don't think so.) I can also remove eye makeup with it, though I usually use Almay makeup remover pads. After I use this oil, I follow it up with whatever other cleanser I'm using, and that's my nighttime face-washing routine. The oil is gentle, but powerful. Can't imagine not using this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by alt629

I love the smell of the oil (rosemary-ish) and the packaging is great (mine came in a smaller container with a cap over the pump which makes it good for travel). It removed makeup well. I followed up with my normal washing routine (Cetaphil & Clarisonic), but my skin still felt pretty oily afterward. That is okay with me if the results are good. But unfortunately, after the very first application and each thereafter, I had a new pimple when I woke up. In fairness to the product, oils have never worked well with my skin. I think this would be great for someone whose skin has a better track record with cleansing oils, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used an entire full size of this. I have also used Lumene's Lift Touch cleansing oil and Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm, which is a solid that melts into an oil.

I really, really like that the DHC rinses easily and doesn't leave a film. In that, it is far superior to the Lumene.

Also, as with most DHC products, the pump dispenser is good quality, works smoothly, etc.

What I don't like is that with constant use, my skin feels very tight and dry. (The Lumene and Clinique do not produce this result.) On the one hand, this cleanser is very good at its job of getting everything off my face, but in doing so, it's taking the moisture with it. I really noticed mostly around my eyes. My other problem with oil cleansers in general is they need to be used on a dry face and I like to wash my face in the shower. So I need to do my face first, which while not a terrible imposition, does require a minor change to my normal routine.

As a user of other DHC products, and knowing how popular this stuff is, I wanted to love it. Unfortunately, its tendency to dry me out overshadows its ability to rinse clean. Maybe it's impossible to have an oil cleanser that cleans effectively, rinses clean, and doesn't dry things out. At any rate, I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by t0asty

I don't think I could live without this stuff anymore! I'm a few months post-Accutane (used for serious acne) and my skin is VERY sensitive and thin to the point I flush red when I'm hot. I have lots of scarring and wear a pretty thick layer of liquid foundation for oily/combo skin everyday (as well as MAC liquilast - waterproof eyeliner which DOES NOT COME OFF), and this is the only stuff I feel 100% takes everything off. (I follow up with a neutrogena makeup remover wipe and exfoliant just in case.)

I've tried using the cheaper dupes of this - namely Shiseido - but I just love the smell and how this is "natural" and only contains the following:

olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil

TIP: Don't apply to already damp/wet face. Oil and water does not mix-- I would directly gently rub in circular motions over face to work into pores/waterproof eyeliner/mascara until it takes it all off and then apply water afterwards to wash the oil off. I'd also follow up with another cleanser or wipe to make sure no oil residue remains on your face.

Best place I've found to buy it is on amazon - $21-25 with FS.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I bought the small 70ml size to test out because my skin is very reactive to basically everything.

Firstly, I really love the packaging, the styling is up my alley. I squirt about 1.5 pumps, the scent is of olive oil with a hint of freshness from the rosemary, so I believe this is as close to natural as you can get with a commercial cleansing oil.

It cleans makeup well and leaves my skin squeaky clean. Probably too drying for winter.

My skin is going a bit crazy at the moment and I started using 3 new products so I am not sure what is causing me problems, but I don't think it is this., I will update if it is!

I want to try out Fancl Mild cleansing oil since that one I believe is slightly cheaper.

Update: I believe this is the product causing my breakouts, I've got no new giants pimples since I stopped using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by trigforner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a GREAT product for removing makeup and other dirt. It takes EVERYTHING off your face and is the only product that I have found to take off the MAC liquidlast liner, which is kinda like a semi-permanent eyeliner. I don't use this every night because it's pretty expensive for me and it's a pain to order it and pay for shipping too (the price and hassle of getting is the reason for the lippie off). If this was less expensive and sold conveniently at CVS it would definitely be a 5lippie product for me. Oh, it's also a little drying so be sure to moisturize well after use.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't decide about this stuff. I like that it removes all foundation and sunscreen from my face (my cleanser alone wasn't doing that), but I detest the physical feel of the oil and the idea of putting oil on my acne-prone skin. I follow with regular cleanser to make sure all the oil is gone, but putting oil on my skin still makes me uneasy. I seem to be getting a few whiteheads around my nose, but I don't know if that is just coincidence. Surely there is another product that will thoroughly remove makeup without drying out my skin. (I have combination skin, and some cleansers are too drying for my cheeks and eye area.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, this oil seriously irritated my very sensitive eyes. Otherwise it worked great getting off my MU (including mascara). I will have to stay with Shu Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by DiAni

I am lazy. At the end of the day I don't want to spend 5 minutes scrubbing makeup junk of my face. Those makeup wipes ain't soft enough, the eye makeup remover stinks my eyes like hell and no matter what I still have mascara residues under my eyes. DHC Cleaning Oil is so simple, I pump half a pump, rub it all over my face while standing in the shower waiting for the water to warm up. Voila, clean soft skin. Then I just wash my face off with a tidbit of Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanse.
I used to have oily skin all over, but as I get older and use birth control, my skin is now dry and oily, I have dry flakes all around my nose and chin and DHC cleansing oil helps so much with that.