Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

This was my first "grown up" perfume-a gift from my grandma when I was 16. I don't know why this generates so many negative old lady comments-I'm 38 and love it. Stop the hating on older ladies in reviews-they teach us plenty, and besides what's wrong with smelling like a sophisticated woman?

I've used this over the years as my signature fragrance and always get lots of complements-and men love it too. My husband always buys this for me as one of our anniversary gifts, he loves it and says it reminds him of when we were dating. (I know, gag, lol)

Ok,i know i have to respect the oldies,hahahaha,but this one smells like someone threw flowers and alcohol on you.Sorry,i am greek,my English are poor to describe how bad smells this one.Too sweet and old fashioned for my tastes...

I like this. I suppose I'm younger (16) than what the targeted age group is. I mean, it's a very classic smell and I make sure not to spray on too much at once. My mother gave it to me after I told her that I liked it.

I love this scent i sampled it at elder beerman and i fell in love with it . I would buy it. It's sweet. and i love sweet.

Twenty five years ago was when I began wearing this scent. It was my signature scent, even people who entered my home said it smelled like my perfume! It was faithfully worn for at the very least ten years until the clean scents took over my heart and pocketbook. I had to repurchase both this scent and beautiful sheer because they truly are beautiful and one spray will last all day or longer. I am tired of reapplying scents that are gone after three hours at most. I am back to being a beautiful girl! ;)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is really suited for 80+ ladies and I'm not sure they'd like it. Though not as bad as Spellbound it is also very heavy, very obtrusive. Smells like granny's clothes you find in your attic.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wore the heck of this scent when I was in high school...when I was young and uninformed. ;) The scent is heavily floral and really does last all day long. However this is more suited for a woman of a certain age.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Another fail in the matter of Estee Laufer Perfumes for me. Though Iīm a big fan of the EL eyeshadows, I have to say that all perfumes I tried didnīt work for me at all.

Though I liked thisone more than "pleasures" (and I bet the reason my nose liked this better was the cedar, vanilla, musk, sandalwood and ylang-ylang) this was way too heavy/overpowering/strong/tiring, you name it. And the worst of all: This irritated my skin, I got small red itchy bumps on the places I used it (wrists joints, neck) so itīs a big no-no for me.

So i think after these two and "beyond paradise", which didnīt impress me neither, Iīm giving up Estee Lauder in the matter of perfumes but will still stick to their make-up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It smells old. Not as in "people", but as in stuck in time. It's one of those big, overwhelming scents of the 80's that will offend most people nowadays. I own and love vintage scents such L'Heure Bleue and Mitsouko, but this one is just tacky and unpleasant.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing Beautiful since I was in eighth grade. It is indeed my signature scent, and as I've gotten older (now 33) it is the perfume I most frequently use. It is a powdery, fairly heavy floral, and I can certainly appreciate why many would dislike it. However, it is as if Beautiful was made for my body chemistry--the dry down on my skin is the most lovely, comforting, clean smelling scent, and it compares to no other. I layer the perfume with the body lotion and body powder, which allows for tremendous staying power.

Popular Fragrances