July 26, 2014 | 1848 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another fail in the matter of Estee Laufer Perfumes for me. Though Iīm a big fan of the EL eyeshadows, I have to say that all perfumes I tried didnīt work for me at all.

Though I liked thisone more than "pleasures" (and I bet the reason my nose liked this better was the cedar, vanilla, musk, sandalwood and ylang-ylang) this was way too heavy/overpowering/strong/tiring, you name it. And the worst of all: This irritated my skin, I got small red itchy bumps on the places I used it (wrists joints, neck) so itīs a big no-no for me.

So i think after these two and "beyond paradise", which didnīt impress me neither, Iīm giving up Estee Lauder in the matter of perfumes but will still stick to their make-up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smells old. Not as in "people", but as in stuck in time. It's one of those big, overwhelming scents of the 80's that will offend most people nowadays. I own and love vintage scents such L'Heure Bleue and Mitsouko, but this one is just tacky and unpleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been wearing Beautiful since I was in eighth grade. It is indeed my signature scent, and as I've gotten older (now 33) it is the perfume I most frequently use. It is a powdery, fairly heavy floral, and I can certainly appreciate why many would dislike it. However, it is as if Beautiful was made for my body chemistry--the dry down on my skin is the most lovely, comforting, clean smelling scent, and it compares to no other. I layer the perfume with the body lotion and body powder, which allows for tremendous staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Estee Lauder's Beautiful takes me back to my early childhood and evokes fond memories of watching my gorgeous, stylish Mother dressing for work each morning. Mom had the entire line, as I recall. I remember the richly-scented body lotion and the gentle body powder with the large "poofy" for application. Beautiful is one of those scents that I could recognize in an instant, nearly 25 years after my Mother wore it with such ease and elegance. Thinking back, I can clearly smell an opening of lemons and something green. Beautiful quickly moves to it's lush floral heart, where it remains for most of it's duration. Notes of Freesia, Jasmine and Lilac stand out in what is otherwise a walk through an impressive floral shop! There is a clear note of Cedar, from start to finish, with just a hint of Musk in the dry down. There is nothing warm or cozy about this fragrance. It is very bright, feminine and powdery. This scent would never wear well on me, but I do consider it a classic, pretty floral that on the right woman, (in my case, my Mother), is truly BEAUTIFUL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Powerfully sweet and floral, Beautiful is the type of scent I think is better reserved for evenings out. I think it's a bit strong and heady for everyday, but I do like it for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Certainly not a granny scent. How tiresome that comment is. One day the fragrances of 2010 will be labelled 'granny' scents. Think about it. Still, Beautiful is a very big, feminine scent. For special occasions, and should only be applied lightly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree definitely a grannie scent. Strong soapy and masculine scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The very first thing that came to my mind when smelling this was grandma scent! While I do not think any grandma wearing this scent would smell anything close to bad it is just not appealing to me and has a very mature scent to it. However there are other fragrances that I associate with older women in my family that I think are more alluring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Funny my dear melbell1, my grandma does wear this wonderful fragrance and she smells like angels! Wait, did you mean to say that our grandmas smell bad? Oh wait, I'm starting to get it, you did! You did mean to suggest that this fragrance smells undesirable and so you compare it to what our mothers, our grandmothers smell like... Oh nice! So I guess there's no love for the women in your family who raised you? Interesting...

15 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by melbell1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use to sell Beautiful left and right! It is one of my least favorite perfumes out there.I don't know why everyone loves this scent.Its so floral and smells like a grandma.