July 29, 2014 | 1731 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - infallible never fail makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by suzyq120200

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that i have kind of dry skin and I'm 32. I've used revlon colorstay in the color buff for about 3 years now. I swear by it and I think its pretty comparable to some of the foundations made by MAC. I went to Walgreens to buy some more and the cosmetics lady suggested I try some of this foundation on my arm. When I first tried it was put off by the watery consistency and I thought it would never do the job. So I kept shopping in the store for about 10 min and I happened to look at the swatch I made earlier. Wow! It was like porcelain and kinda satin-like. I bought it right away and i am LOVING it. It doesn't leave you feeling sticky or tacky like colorstay can. I didn't have to "set" it with powder either. Its super easy to apply and blend.. its also buildable if you want to better cover trouble spots. I also really love the fact that it doesnt settle, dry or crust up my under eye area. I highly recomend it especially if you have normal to dry skin. Not sure how it does with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation offers a good coverage, but seems a little unblendable at times, and also feel quite dry after it's settled onto your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ElleBerry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bridesmaid at a wedding and had to do my own makeup... and I was freaking out a little bit as I couldn't find a foundation that came in pale shades, I could layer quite heavily (for photos), would last a whole day and night, and wouldn't cake on my dry, sensitive skin. I was about to spend $80+ on Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation when I had a change of heart as the colours weren't right and I don't REALLY have that much $ to spend, and decided to grab this instead (based on the recent MUA reviews). It was a HUGE gamble as it was only 2 days before the wedding. Thankfully I have been so pleased with this little gem! I exfoliate and moisturise well, then stipple this on with my moist beautyblender sponge (I think that is the key). It goes on almost flawlessly (something quite rare for my dry skin) and you can build it up for really great coverage. It is quite wet and runny at first, which makes it easy to work with, but be warned - after about 5 minutes it all of a sudden dries/sets and is no longer malleable. This is totally fine though, as long as you have finished blending it by then (working on half your face at a time makes it easier). Set with a light powder, it lasted well all day and into the night. I am hoping this doesn't break me out in the next few days (I have sensitive skin) because if it doesn't, it will definitely be a popular feature in my makeup routine in future! One last comment - it reminds me a lot of the Revlon Colorstay in terms of how it sets and how it lasts, except I find it more runny and much more easy to blend, and less like a mask on your face. So if you like that but aren't 100% happy, try this.

ETA: This has SPF in it and I have heard that SPF can look too ghostly in flash photos, but I didn't notice this happen to me at all. It may have helped that I used a little bit of pigmented setting powder (MAC mineralize powder) and powder blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by maneatertm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. The finish isnt as dew-ey as the Photoready foundation from Revlon but this has better oil control than it. I don't get as greasy as fast with this and it looks spectacular over primer. It lasts a long time but i wouldnt say 16hrs. Maybe 12.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by HoneyT

Having been using this for a week and love it. My skin is scarred, red and blotchy, oily in places, dry in others. Definitely lots of flaws to cover up. This make up has great coverage and I no longer even have to use my cover stick on the scars. It stays on a very long time, too. When I wash it off at night, I'm amazed at the makeup coming off. It drys to a flat matte finish and now I don't even have to use powder. Less product for me is best with all my skin issues and irritaions. Love this stuff and will keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bridget88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for about three years now, and I have tried a few other foundations since but none of them have compared at all. I have very fair skin and this foundation is perfect for me (in "Classic Ivory")! It's not too thick, it doesn't make my skin oily and wearing it doesn't cause pimples or blemishes. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jen0farc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation when you need all-over coverage that stays all day long. I've tried other foundations that just don't stick, and my oily skin drinks it up within a few hours. This one went the distance and the coverage gives your skin that perfect base. Cons are the texture can be a little hard to blend and the variety of colors isn't as extensive as I would like, unlike the truematch line. I use this for special occasions and picture times/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I have been on a foundation kick the last couple weeks here and been trying tons! I tried this one yesterday in the nude color. At first when I pumped it I was very worried. The only thing coming out of this bottle was some sort of weird oily substance and barely any foundation. I was all prepared to return this to the store. But I decided to give it a good shake and try again. Guess that did the trick. Now this nice foundation comes out, not too runny and not too thick in my opinion. I love the pump top, makes it so much easier to control the amount you use. I also applied with a brush and did sections at a time. I had a very nice "airbrushed" look to my face. I don't find it dries fast at all. My Revlon CS and EL Double Wear Light dry little bit faster. I let my foundation set for about 5 min then I lightly dusted my face with the infaillable pressed powder using my big fluffy brush and my face looked fantastic! Like another reviewer stated, it gives your face a "doll face" look. I can totally see what she is saying. It gives my skin almost a semi-matte appearance and a little more natural looking then Revlon. Even though my face looked matte, I still had this slight dewey but not shiney look coming through. I will say by end of night my nose did get little shiney, so I feel with this foundation you need to bring your pressed powder and have on hand for touch ups. I don't get shiney with Revlon CS. I didn't find offensive odor to the foundation either. I was like wow this stuff is nice for DS brand! I had no problems washing the makeup off later that night. The makeup was on my face all day, and didn't seem to fade at all either. I would definatley buy this one again, but if will be awhile before I need to!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by goldandrubies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation. I have SUPER sensitive skin that is combination. Since it's winter time, my skin is normal/lightly dry. This make-up did not break me out or irritate my skin. I actually think it makes my skin smoother, but that might be my imagination. When I would use Maybelline liquid mousse, my face would be shiny in 3 hours and the make-up would disappear by lunch time. With this foundation, there is no disappearing act. It lasts ALL day, and it has a VERY natural look. It is not shiny all day, but it's also not too matte. Make-up that is matte tends to look like I'm wearing make-up. The color (Sun Beige) matches my skintone really well, but it doesn't look good in pictures. That is the only bad thing I can say about this foundaiton. DO NOT take pictures in this foundation. I think because it is SPF that it absorbs the light, and I look like a ghost. But, other than that it's wonderful. It comes off easily with soap and water (unlike Revlon colorstay). Have fun :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by katcee

hard to blend - i use foundation or stippling brushes, looks good after applying but doesnt last long - cakey, oily and mask like after a couple of hours. i wanna finish the bottle so i "cut it" w/ moisturizer and another foundation for a more dewey, natural look.