L'Oreal infallible never fail makeup

3.0

NEW 18h FORMULA *runny* : (Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 1.75%) /// Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PTFE, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Isostearyl Diglyceryl Succinate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Magnesium Gluconate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 7499/Iron Oxides) ----------------------------------------- OLD 16h FORMULA *thick* : (Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.9%, Octinoxate 1.0%) /// Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Magnesium Gluconate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Tristearin, Butylparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate +/- (CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

This foundation is amazing. I have been using it for years and it hasn't failed me. Because I have very dry skin, it keeps it well moisturised and because I have many scars from my acne, it covers these SO well as it is a heavy coverage. I hardly need much concealer on. The coverage of this on my skin is perfect and I hardly use much at all!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I like this foundation. It has good coverage, is easy to blend and lasts throughout a long workday. I do have to mix two shades to get a good color match, though. A damp sponge is the best way to apply. Also the finish is a little matte for my taste. But overall, I consider it a good buy and would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I saw this on sale at my local Walgreen's and decided to give it a shot; the color 604 Natural Ivory. I was surprised because it actually looked blushy in the container, compared to so many other drugstore foundations where they all skew really yellow/orange. However, I think the bottle is a little blue-tinted, because this stuff came out bright salmon. Not flattering at all. It's kind of thick and it dries quickly, but I mixed it with my moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer. The coverage that way is great -- opaque but not heavy feeling. Not the best color, but it's tiding me over until I get something better. If you can find a matching color, this would make a great heavy-coverage tinted moisturizer.

EDIT: While not its intended use, I have found that this color and formulation are absolutely wonderful for covering dark circles for those of us with cooler skin tones. It's light/medium coverage and blends out to look natural. If you can find it on sale, you might consider trying it out.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It does an ok job overall. When I walked in the pharmacy, I was after N1 Ivory in the True Match range, I had purchased N2 Vanilla in the first place and thought it was slightly too dark for me, my face looked slightly orangey compared to my neck. The beautician told me they were out of the N1 Ivory shade, but pointed this one out - Porcelain in the Infaillible range, and said the shade was pretty much the same as N1 Ivory and the only difference is that Infaillible is long-lasting, so I gave it a try. It does an alright job, but it's not amazing. First of all, my eyes go all red and irritated and start to water when I apply it. Secondly, you HAVE to moisturize your face before applying this one otherwise it will get flakey in places. It's alright for me at the minute, but I won't purchase again when I'll run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted a new foundation as I normally find it hard to find ones that are pale enough. Tried this out and the shade match is perfect, Porcelain was the exact match for my skin. That's pretty much the only good thing I can say about this. It felt very chemically and heavy on my face after application. Which in turn after about a week and a half of using it made me break out worse than I have done in a long time. I broke out in cystic acne on my cheeks where I normally don't get spots. Really don't recommend.

This is the ONLY drugstore brand foundation that I've come across that matches my fair skin with utter perfection... with this foundation, I don't need to reapply through out the day, or conceal any of my dark under eye circles! I moisturize before using this products so my skin is smoother and it goes on perfect, then I set it with a mineral powder so it lasts ALL DAY LONG! I can go at least 8-10 hours with sweating here and there and this product staying on! It's not tacky and it looks so natural and has a great coverage. A little goes a LONGGG way with this product. I could use one pump and cover my face with a full coverage! Lasted me 5 months already <3
It is worth the 13 dollars, and I recommend this product highly for fair skin

So far this foundation is the best I have tried for my skin. It has just enough coverage without being too heavy. Perfect for every day use. However, the bottle it comes in could be improved. There has been several times that I have pressed the pump to pour some onto my hand but it has shot across the room! Lucky it easily comes off!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a very average foundation. It gives medium coverage, works best on already prepped faces (exfoliated and moisturized), doesn't turn skin orange, has a slightly thick consistency, dries quickly, gives a dewy finish and is safe for dry skin...

...Yet on the other hand, it comes with an annoyingly clear cap that is destined to get stained. The pump gets clogged rather easily. The staying power isn't strong and will most likely come off in the middle of the day. Beware rain and sweat or this will melt right off your face.

It's good for short-term use, but not for long days at school or work. I just wasn't overly impressed after it melted away on my graduation day. I'd give this a 3.5 lippy if possible, but I believe 4 lippies would be too complimenting.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that i have kind of dry skin and I'm 32. I've used revlon colorstay in the color buff for about 3 years now. I swear by it and I think its pretty comparable to some of the foundations made by MAC. I went to Walgreens to buy some more and the cosmetics lady suggested I try some of this foundation on my arm. When I first tried it was put off by the watery consistency and I thought it would never do the job. So I kept shopping in the store for about 10 min and I happened to look at the swatch I made earlier. Wow! It was like porcelain and kinda satin-like. I bought it right away and i am LOVING it. It doesn't leave you feeling sticky or tacky like colorstay can. I didn't have to "set" it with powder either. Its super easy to apply and blend.. its also buildable if you want to better cover trouble spots. I also really love the fact that it doesnt settle, dry or crust up my under eye area. I highly recomend it especially if you have normal to dry skin. Not sure how it does with oily skin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation offers a good coverage, but seems a little unblendable at times, and also feel quite dry after it's settled onto your skin.