November 1, 2014 | 1074 users online

Self Tanners - Johnson & Johnson - Holiday Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A great daily moisturiser with a subtle self tanner included that has a lovely natural colour. Easy to apply as you don't have to worry about streaks as you do with some self tanners. Exfoliate your skin regularly, otherwise you can end up with an unnatural buildup of colour on odd spots which then scrapes off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ktvowles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this (the normal to fair skin bottle) after much thought because it looked like a great product but the reviews wern't that great. Also i think its very expensive at 4.99/5.99 i was shocked, but it was on half price offer so i decided to give it a ago, and at 2.36 it didn't exactly break my bank. I tried it straight away, it had no visible effects until that night. I was horrified!! I had applied it very carefully, knowing the consequences of fake tans! I had streaks up my legs and a big patch where the lotion hadn't sunk in at all! My arms were perfect but my legs were a disaster. You also have to wait a long while for the lotion to sink in. If you are a first time user, i would recommend that you get someone who has used tanner before to show you how to apply it. However if you are an expert at applying then it builds a light gradual natural looking tan, and will stay there for a long time. Also it can turn your nails a yellowish colour, so wash your hands thoroughly after use. I knocked one lippie off because you have to wait a long time to see the consequences and a long time for it to sink in. But otherwise it does exactly what is says on the bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2007 5:40:00 AM More reviews by kerry_josephine2006

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this stuff SUCKS!!!! It leaves me streaky all the time. I applied it last night and woke up this morning to "orange-zebra gate". It smells yuk, stained my sheets and is a big pile of poo coloured poo. Not impressed in the least :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product had a lovely smell at first but when you apply it you still stink of it 24 hours later ! This product left me blotchy and pasty in parts, not a good look. I used the light version and it didn't look nice at all, ther are better ones on the market, and to think people cued up for this !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel a bit apathetic aout this. I was so excited when it came out and bought the one for the body as well as the one for the face. I seem to prefer the facial one even though I find that it tends to break me out when I use it. The body one, no matter how well I rub it in, tends to go a bit patchy on me, especially on my arms. There is a bit of that typical unpleasant fake tan smell so I wouldn't use this before going out at any time. The colour is not bad and not obvious, just healthy. I said I would not repurchase but in a sense I have as I've had 2 of each, but I don't think I will be purchasing after I finish these. I am tempted to try Vaseline's version though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2006 4:57:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

This is a good gradual self tan, the first one i tried. i would have considered this a wonderprod, but now i have found a true HG - Garnier Summer Body. Johnsons Holiday Skin does build a nice tan, but i would advise only using it every other day, as it can go a bit orange and streaky if you use it al the time. Also the 'night time' one is a crock of s**t, as the normal one will work just as well over night and wont stain your sheets as long as you let it dry before going to bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by carnaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pale skin and I'm very bad at applying fake tans (they usually end up too orangey) but this product leaves me with a nice creamy-golden glow. Downsides? Initially smells nice, then really starts to smell strongly of fake tan, streaks visable after only a couple of applications if not perfectly blended in, and it doesn't seem to sink in very well - leaves me feeling 'coated' if you get what I mean....Think I will try out some of the other similar products on the market before buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2006 5:40:00 AM More reviews by ami_exchange

I bought the Holiday Skin Night lotion, thinking that this would help to give me a good tan especially since I never seem to tan (I only burn!). It did give me a pretty nice tan, it wasn't orange at all; I got nice comments from my classmates. At the beginning there wasn't really any self tanner smell but in the morning when I woke up, the self tanner smell is there which really didn't bother me that much; the smell is quite faint. It's a pretty good moisturizer as well. No, what really bothers me is the way the tan came off. The tan came off in blotches! So basically some parts of your skin is tanned and some parts are your original shade. So I looked spotty when I stopped using the self tanner. And that sucks. If the fading of the color is more even, I'd have given this a 4 or even 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2006 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Sarz13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While it didn't smell as horrendous as the many other fake tanning products out there and didn't break the bank and in theory sounds great...BUT I can't stand this product. It says it slowly builds up a light golden "holiday" glow but its also a moisturiser. As a moisturiser, you need lots of it otherwise it doesn't do much for my skin. As a fake tan you need very VERY little of it. So I looked like a human zebra the streaks were just that bad. Make up your mind J&J. So I walked around wearing pants for the next 3 days as I tried to scrub this monsterous stuff off my legs. I exfoliated until I hurt but still had to wait. Never again. This summer, my legs are going a'natural unless I get it professionally done.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2006 4:55:00 AM More reviews by farmermax

This streaks! I originally purchased 'Boots' Holiday Glow while I was in England and loved it, used it every night, a nice gentle tan built up, not too much smell, not expensive, overall a dream product. Since leaving England I have no 'Boots' nearby so purchsed Johnsons Holiday Skin thinking it would be pretty much the same thing. I hate it, it doesn't matter how carefully I apply it, it still streaks. Would not repurchase.