Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

on 9/7/2011 10:58:00 PM

Like most recent reviewers, I got this as a Sephora BI bday freebie. It does smell sweet and generic in the bottle, the reviewer who said it smells just like My Little Pony was right on! Anyone who played with them knows the scent. But honestly, it's a terrible bubble bath! I dumped a bunch (like 3-4 capfuls) into my bath while the water was pouring and no bubbles were left by the time the tub filled up. This is NOT a bubble bath. Also, no discernible scent in the bathwater. I'm disappointed. It's ok as a shower gel. It goes into my gym bag as a back-up.

on 9/5/2011 10:46:00 PM

Got this free and on a whim decided to use it all over, it said You can, needless to say it was dreadful! Made my hair feel like straw even after a reaaly good conditioner and doesnt do a thing for my skin and the fragrance is gone almost immediately! It stripped my hair of a lovely coloring job, I cant imagine what made me be so impulsive as to use this on my hair, it says on the bottle you can so I thought "why not?" its philosiphy, and they are a good brand right?Nooooooo!,,

on 9/5/2011 10:33:00 PM

Ugh. The last reviewer was right - worst smelling body wash ever! When I first opened it, I thought "This smells like plastic!" I thought the bottle had contaminated the product...but the outside of the bottle smells fine - the body-wash itself smells like sweet melted plastic. I'll use it for hand-soap when I run out and see if I can stand it...but this will not go into the shower.....

on 9/3/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wow. Quite possibly the worst smelling bodywash, ever. Smells like birthday candles that have been put out and they're still smoking. Thank goodness it doesn't linger. I think Philosophy realised how bad this was and asked Sephora to give away the rest for free. I don't know how they ever concocted the scent. Horrid.

on 9/2/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I didn't actually buy this, but I got it as a birthday gift from Sephora from their beauty insider card. I usually use a different body wash, but I was really excited because all of my perfumes are dessert type smells.This was just awful for many reasons. The smell of birthday cake or vanilla was barely there, both in the bottle and when you're using it. It advertises itself as "rich". It also didn't have a strong lather, which bothers me. My skin didn't have any fragrance lingering when I got out of the shower. The really bad part came after about 30 minutes. I began itching all over, and I noticed my skin felt really dry. Had to put lotion on with hydrocortisone cream in it to stop the itching. I seriously doub that I'll try this as a bubble bath or shampoo. I think the full price of this is about $15. No thanks.

on 8/27/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off if you got this as a gift happy birthday to ya. Honestly I would say use it as a shower gel or bubble baths. Dont change up your hair stuff. Let this gift let you unwind and be something relaxing. I like the smell it is not to vanilla I dont like vanilla all that much but in the bath its alright. Honestly I think only guys can do the whole 3 in 1 kind of products cause they dont care to much about their hair (not all but lots).

on 7/26/2011 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I give it a 4 because it smells great and lathers more than I expected. Also saves space being a shampoo and shower gel in one. Would've given a 5 if it had conditioners in it as well, but I just add jojoba oil to it in my hand and that works.

Got it as a bday gift but won't purchase as it's way too expensive for a small quantity.

on 7/25/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this for my birthday gift to..
I tried it as as a shampoo last night. My hair doesn't really feel 'squeaky' clean.
The scent doesn't linger, and even in the bottle, the scent isn't really strong.. but then is birthday cake a huge punch of vanilla in real life haha.
I probably won't repurchase..
It's not a bad product though.

on 7/21/2011 11:06:00 PM

Like many others, I received this for free from Sephora. I would not buy this with my own money... $16 is a little pricey for a shower gel. It's not horrible or bad, its just nothing to get excited over. The scent is sweet and mild, lathers well... but its really just a regular shower gel.

on 7/20/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Got this for my birthday! I used it for a bubble bath. It lathers well and the scent is pleasant and light. But it isn't the type of scent I would go for if I was buying a body wash or something similar. It's nice, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.

Popular Gels/Soaps