September 1, 2014 | 1068 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow. Quite possibly the worst smelling bodywash, ever. Smells like birthday candles that have been put out and they're still smoking. Thank goodness it doesn't linger. I think Philosophy realised how bad this was and asked Sephora to give away the rest for free. I don't know how they ever concocted the scent. Horrid.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by girlbotxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't actually buy this, but I got it as a birthday gift from Sephora from their beauty insider card. I usually use a different body wash, but I was really excited because all of my perfumes are dessert type smells.This was just awful for many reasons. The smell of birthday cake or vanilla was barely there, both in the bottle and when you're using it. It advertises itself as "rich". It also didn't have a strong lather, which bothers me. My skin didn't have any fragrance lingering when I got out of the shower. The really bad part came after about 30 minutes. I began itching all over, and I noticed my skin felt really dry. Had to put lotion on with hydrocortisone cream in it to stop the itching. I seriously doub that I'll try this as a bubble bath or shampoo. I think the full price of this is about $15. No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by drpepper234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off if you got this as a gift happy birthday to ya. Honestly I would say use it as a shower gel or bubble baths. Dont change up your hair stuff. Let this gift let you unwind and be something relaxing. I like the smell it is not to vanilla I dont like vanilla all that much but in the bath its alright. Honestly I think only guys can do the whole 3 in 1 kind of products cause they dont care to much about their hair (not all but lots).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give it a 4 because it smells great and lathers more than I expected. Also saves space being a shampoo and shower gel in one. Would've given a 5 if it had conditioners in it as well, but I just add jojoba oil to it in my hand and that works.

Got it as a bday gift but won't purchase as it's way too expensive for a small quantity.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this for my birthday gift to..
I tried it as as a shampoo last night. My hair doesn't really feel 'squeaky' clean.
The scent doesn't linger, and even in the bottle, the scent isn't really strong.. but then is birthday cake a huge punch of vanilla in real life haha.
I probably won't repurchase..
It's not a bad product though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I received this for free from Sephora. I would not buy this with my own money... $16 is a little pricey for a shower gel. It's not horrible or bad, its just nothing to get excited over. The scent is sweet and mild, lathers well... but its really just a regular shower gel.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by chibayo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this for my birthday! I used it for a bubble bath. It lathers well and the scent is pleasant and light. But it isn't the type of scent I would go for if I was buying a body wash or something similar. It's nice, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of it and it's somewhat moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I now understand why sephora gives this away for free as a birthdat gift for sephora beauty insiders. Its crap. It smells artificial and fake. I would only use this on my body as a wash or to shave legs. It has a nice consistancy and lathers well. I would never buy this or recommend. Other scents in this 3in1 line from philosophy are much better smelling but the price just doesnt add up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. This was the first product I have used from Philosophy so I didn't have any expectations. As a shampoo, I had to use a generous amount of product in my hair. As a shower gel, it lathered nicely. I didn't even bother using it as a bubble bath. Smells just like a birthday cake when in the bottle in my opinion, but when I stepped out and dried myself, I think my skin had a faint scent of bread. My skin wasn't irritated and I felt clean. I'm going to use it as a shampoo and a shower gel when I go out of town soon. A decent product, considering that it was free but I wouldn't spend money for this.