Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 8/22/2014 10:27:00 AM

Update: the one in the purple container is horrible. Not sure if it doesn't mesh with my moisturizer or what but it's going back.

on 8/17/2014 10:45:00 AM

I bought that off Sephora at a 12ml for 10€ and I had read so many things about this primer and I never used any primer before. I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and I didn't get a rash or dry patches and it didn't seem to make me breakout. I'd have to say that when I first poured the product, a very oily liquid (???) came out and I had to squeeze more to get the actual primer. Also, it can feel oily when you first apply it so let it set a few minutes I think. I also noticed that my skin looked better and smoother with the primer than without. I wouldn't buy the full bottle because it is very pricey for just a plain primer but since you barely need anything, I think the 12ml bottle I have will last a while.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Product Works, but at the Cost of Complexion!

My mom has gotten a ton of samples of this over the years, and she has also bought it a couple of times.

Every single time I have ever used this, because I am stubborn and want to look great for extra-special occasions, I break out. Not just one pimple, but several deep, painful ones usually on the chin area. If I stop using the product, these clear up in a couple of days just from being able to breathe. However, if you've been reading so far, then you know I am stubborn. Do not make that mistake. It was bad. I looked terrible, I felt terrible and they are painful.

Pros:
- Product DOES work. Minimizes pores, ease of further makeup application, etc.
- Makes finished makeup look more polished, helps with wear.
- Helps smooth imperfections- dry patches, large pores, etc.
- Not an overwhelming fragrance.

Cons:
- Always breaks me out, even after just one day of use. Painful, deep pimples. Doesn't allow skin to breathe at all.
- It did feel a bit heavy I found, especially when I first tried it as a little goes a long way! So keep that in mind- it's very easy to over apply.
- Does have a bit of an oily feel too it. Not overwhelming but it's there. Might add to the breaking out point above.
- I would not recommend for every day use and I would only suggest for evening/night looks. Unless you wear a lot of heavy makeup during the day, save this for your fuller looks.

This is all based on my personal experience with the product, over many years and different stages in my life. I do consider my skin sensitive, but mostly with cleansers and moisturizers.

on 8/6/2014 6:32:00 PM

I have done extensive research and tried many primers, and this one is by far the best and non-oily. It helps with the look of my pores and the texture of my skin. I very much recommend this product.

on 8/5/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! best primer ever!

on 8/1/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Having an oilier skin type, I am always looking for way to keep my foundation from wearing off. I have been using photo finish for a while now and I do think it really helps to preserve my foundation and face makeup.

on 7/28/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do love this primer! The SA put this on me for my prom day and my foundation looked PERFECT all day on a warm june afternoon. I then decided to buy the smashbox try me kit, where I got to use the primer for an extended period of time. I think it's great for anyone-especially since they have expanded their primers for other skin issues. It feels like a dream and it makes my skin feel like silk. It is one of the best that I have used thus far for controlling oil and for lasting power. I am about to try a primer from Laura Mercier and if that doesn't work out I think I am going to buy this one!

on 7/28/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I received a sample of this as part of a purchase of the smashbox halo hydrating powder. It's a great primer that makes your make-up last all day. Make sure that it's dried before applying the rest of your makeup, because otherwise you may run into problems with streakiness. You can check whether it's dry just by patting your skin and checking how smooth or dry it feels.

You should DEFINITELY make sure to wash your face at night when you wear this primer, because I forgot one night and ended up with a pimple or two. Apparently it's because it doesn't let your pores breathe. I have oily cheeks and an oily nose area, and I liked that this controlled a little bit of the shine in those areas, while still letting it show through (giving a dewy look), without creating flaky skin around the nose and mouth, where I have dry skin.

on 7/20/2014 12:40:00 PM

Got a sample of this stuff, tried it out (was skeptical)... I did not have to touch up my makeup ALL DAY. I was completely shocked! I would definitely recommend this, except for the price. Doing a little bit of research has turned up that Monistat Soothing Care Powder Gel seems to have the same ingredients (!?!?). I will try the super-cheap version, but will most definitely come back to this if the Monistat hype is just that.

on 7/17/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was fine with the feel of this on my dry cheeks, but halfway through the day my foundation (Max Factor Weightless) looked cakey and I had tidemarks. I had to take the foundation off my cheeks and re-moisturise and re-apply. Disappointed after reading so much hype.