August 28, 2014 | 1751 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by yungbadgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this product. I have dry skin and I like that it has a hydrating component, and it feels like silk when you apply it. I don't know that it does ALL the things the package claims to, but it's better than nothing. When I run out this time I think I'll give another primer a try just to experiment, but previously I have repurchased multiple times.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and used it today, and it looked nice....until I touched my face. Then I remembered why I had a full-size of this primer years ago that I ended up swapping away. Because the second my hand brushes across my face, the product balls up and looks like skin flakes (maybe this is what they put in those scam peel gels?). I can't see how I could apply foundation over this when it does this. And it balled up into flakes on both dry areas of my skin and my forehead, which is more oily. I've never used a primer that has had this effect.

That said, it feels nice cosmetically. Soft, silky, silicone-y. It didn't irritate my skin or break me out either time I used it, so it gets an extra star for that. I can see how it would be a nice product without the flaking, but for me, it's unusable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by veelui

im starting to see why smashbox is famous for their primers, it made my foundation last longer and also mixed in, it helps to sheer out into a tinted moisturizer. i bought the travel size, and its going to last a long time as rhere are many primers in my rotation. i like that it is oil free, i tried maybelline's age rewind, the feeling is pretty similar but that one made my skin feel as if jm wearing a mask. this one is really light weight, which i like. i would never but their jumbo 1.7 oz bc even though it says good deal, 49 is super expensive when you can buy 4 of the small ones (~1.6oz) and still spend $9 less. so the smaller sized bottles are actually more worth it ($10 each) and you get to try different formulas

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of primers because i have a problem----i am a primer-aholic.....i love the feel of the primer on my face...i sometimes don't even put any makeup over it. anyway....the original smash box was my very very first primer. I fell in love with it but i have found similar products that i would repurchase also. The smell was never an issue, the texture is silicone-y feels like velvet--the foundation went on so very very smooth...doesnt sink into fine lines and it doesn't clog my pores. Did not break me out and it made my (Estee Lauder & Lancome) foundation last so much longer. the price is alright, but it is on the higher end, the packaging is in a squeeze tube but it is easy to control the amount being dispensed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Pippi10

I think it is a great primer; minimize pores and make my skin feel smooth, and it prevents my skin from getting oily, but it also makes my skin break out a little the day after... So I use it only on important events.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by angesala18

I'm almost out of my first tube of this so I think I can give an honest review of the product. This primer is mediocre at best. Honestly, I think it is making me break out. It does go on smoothly and leaves my face feeling like velvet, but my makeup only lasts about four hours before starting to become an oily mess. I am using the green version, which really does not cancel out any of my redness (to be fair my hyper pigmentation is really dark and plentiful). I will not be repurchasing, and should have returned it but I had high hopes that it would somehow magically work one day. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Youryus

I got given a sample of this. At the time of month i tried it on and it completely broke me out, i didnt know if it was that or my time of the month( i dont usually get alot of spots at my time of month) then i did last week. My skins cleared up, i tried it again i dont know if i like it.. You can get other primers that are cheaper, than this which is £20

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Pnut30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the dupe for this...same ingredients n all...monistat chaffing gel. cheap n same ingredients n works just as good

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by cookiesandcream231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this product after listening to several of my friends rave about it.
I have combination, acne prone skin which breaks out very easily, however this didn't seem to irritate my skin at all.
I use this before putting on my foundation, to be honest I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes to the longevity of my makeup but it feels lovely on my skin and makes applying foundation easier as it simply glides on on top of the primer. The only thing is, my nose can still get a bit oily towards the evening but I just powder my nose and I'm good
Overall, it is a fairly good primer, and I'll buy it again when it runs oul

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I don't normally use primer, but one day, my skin realized that it was nearly 30 and started to flake whenever I put on foundation, so I decided to try a sample tube of Smashbox. Where has this stuff been all my life? It glides on like a dream and you really only need a little bit, less than a dime-sized amount. My makeup lasted much longer than if I hadn't used primer.

The only drawback is that this product is very expensive and not carried in many stores. Which is too bad, because I just finished up my sample tube and my skin is begging for more.