October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE super sharp liner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disclaimers first! I am by no means an expert in eye makeup, and I am a total spaz when it comes to applying eyeliner. I usually do not wear eyeliner because I have a mild case of blepharitis, which makes things extremely difficult. Most eyeliners irritate my eyes, but not this one! It is very easy to apply. I hold it like a pen, and I am able to draw a clean line. Some of the reviewers below have stated that the eyeliner is hard to take off, which is partially true. However, it is only difficult to take off with water and soap. When I use an oil-based makeup remover, I can remove the eyeliner with a q-tip. I just dip my q-tip in my makeup remover and delicately swipe the cotton bud across my eyelids and lash line. Anyway, I have this color in black, which is more of a gray color, but it looks very natural for dark haired people. If you are looking for a more true black, though, then purchase High Black. Overall, this product is affordable and effective. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ciuwawa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can't live without this. I discovered it on a trip to Japan, where it is avalable in most pharmacies for a bargain Y1000 = 4.50 = $9.
It has an ultra thin brush (not sponge) and is so easy to apply...I have brought these back for lots of friends now who are also now addicted to it.
It comes in 3 colours:
brown - perfect if you want a 'softer' line
black - more like a dark grey
jet black - a stronger, darker black, which is my favourite.
The other hting is, it's hard to get off - which suits me fine, as it doesn't 'sit' on your skin. it's absorbed, like ink.
I use Shu Uemura oil to cleanse off - it comes of easily with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by xhanabi

Great eyeliner. I have a shaky hand so I make mistakes easily, but this liner draws such a precise line it's hard to make a mistake with this one. Like other reviewers have said, it's not the blackest black, but I can just draw over the line to intensify it. No biggie. Waterproof and doesn't smudge after a long day or after going clubbing. love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by linni1011

This product only has 2 colours. I have this in black.

Pros: It has a very fine tip which allows easy application, especially for eyeliner newbies. Its like a short pen, very easy to bring around for touch ups. Best of all, i doesn't smudge at all, its super waterproof and great for oily lids especially in Singapore's hot weather.

Cons: Its a lil too waterproof for me, i find it kinda hard to remove it. The colour isn't a true black, more of a charcoal grey so i have to go over it a few times to darken it, even than, it still isn't as dark as other black liners.

Overall: Its quite easy to use and for the price, its quite affordable for the quality =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by asabo

I'm on my third one of these and I can't live without it!!! I use gel eyeliner most of the time for my lashline but this is great for doin the perfect little flick on the ends if you want the cat eye look. The tip is so fine you can draw the thinnest line, and it gives you total control. No mess, no fuss. The colour is a true black and it's like waterproof long-wearing. I'd buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Let me start by saying I'm a complete klutz when it comes to eyeliner. I like Mac's fluidlines and BB's gel eyeliner for thin lines, but even after years of usage, I find it hard to get a good line. Either they go on shaky or I can't get enough pigment on the brush, or too much and it smudges. Then i came across this cheap in Hong Kong and thought, why not? It's truly a miracle pen!! Gives me a sharp, thin line everytime and it ABSOLUTELY doesn't smudge. I'm convinced this is the perfect idiot-proof eyeliner. My only gripe is that it only comes in 2 colours. If it had the range of colours like mac and BB, I'll grab them all!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by athenegoddess

my sis bought this in Taiwan. this sucks! first off, its not even black. its grey, and the product does NOT come out of the applicator! its also extremely hard to take off. it doesn't budge, but it doesn't come off either. don't buy this liner... its not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for SGD$15.50 in Singapore (about US$9). My main gripe about this product is that the colour is not a true black, but more like soft black / charcoal. It does look darker is you go over the line a few times, but that sometimes ruins the preciseness of the line for me. The super-skinny brush makes it easy to draw a really fine line very quickly. Lasts very well all day without smudging. Since the line is so thin and the colour is subtle, this gives me a barely-there eyeliner look. However, if I'm going to bother with eyeliner at all, I prefer it to be a tad more obvious. I don't see myself reaching for this very often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found the Super Sharp liner to be a great product for simplifying my morning routine. The pen allows even e/l challenged people like me to do their eyes quickly and easily. I find myself reaching for this constantly, as I have to be at work at 7am, and this is so easy to use. One coat isn't very black, more of a charcoal gray, but it can be layered to make it darker. It comes out of the pen wet but not too wet, and it dries very quickly so no fear of it transferring to your eyelid as with other viscous liners. My only complaint is that it only comes in 2 colors: black and brown. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ririan

For someone who is starting to use an eyeliner, this is a good one to start with, very easy to control. The reason why I only give it a three is becos the black looks more like greyish black to me, and one tube only lasts me less than two months. For someone going for the natural look, this is a good choice, but for a more dramatic look, you may have to look for some other brand. I will not repurchase as I am keen to try out other brand, this is a good find but definitely not HG.