September 18, 2014 | 1654 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by flutterbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For someone like myself, who washes their brushes daily, this product is SUCH a time saver. I don't ever feel like there's a residue left on my brushes after using this, but my brushes aren't stripped dry like some other cleansers can leave them feeling. I only use this on my eye brushes, so i don't feel like I use up the cleanser very quickly. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneGirl1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser to brushes. I hate when people say to use liquid soap because the soap can potentially damage bristles!

This cleanser works great straight from the bottle, diluted in water or diluted in water and used as a spray.

I don't think my brushes would have last as long as they have if I had used any other cleanser on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sofiaramos1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a good product to clean brushes daily and between quick uses. I put a little on either a small container or a paper tissue (depending on the brush and the product it as on it) I swirl and clean back and forth the brush on the product until I see its clean, let it dry (it dries really quick) and its ready to use again. There is no need to rinse. It cleans any product, either powder, liquid or cream. It does a good job. For deep cleaning I don't recomend this product, this is more for quick everyday spot cleaning. You should deep clean your brushes (I use shampoo and water) once a week depending on how much you use them. Also it lasts a good time according to how much and how often you use it. The bottle is nice, don't squeeze it! The product comes out evenly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is okay for daily cleaning, but if I want a thorough cleanse of my brushes I still rely on a light shampoo. I use highly pigmented colors (foundation and powder NW 45 in the summer) and when I use this there is still pigment on the brush. If I can still see pigment it is not clean. That said, this is great for using every other day or even every day between using eye makeup brushes because I want to keep bacteria down.

For deep cleaning I use Ion clarifying shampoo mixed 1:3 with water every couple of weeks. It gets every trace of waxy/greasy feeling residue off and all of the pigmentation too. The brush fibres do not feel stripped. I have had some of my mac brushes for more than 10 years and they are still densely packed, firm and fluffy. I love MAC brushes, they are truly worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush cleaner. You get a generous amount for the price and it's reasonably effective. I took off 1 lippie because it could be a little more effective. Sometimes it takes me a couple of lathers to get my brushes completely clean. Cleans my brushes well and has a nice clean smell. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by texasangel140

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser leaves my brushes soft and clean (even the brushes with white bristles!). However, it is easy to waste product if you aren't careful. Like others have said, I wish this came in a spray bottle or something easier to handle. It is expensive but it should last awhile. Will repurchase whenever I am out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by tashak23

I absolutely love this brush cleanser. I have tried many others that did not get my brushes clean enough. This removes all the make-up from my brushes that have white bristles (so you know it works). It has a light scent and makes my brushed super soft, with this cleanser I only need to clean my brushed once a week :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush cleanser often and I would recommend it to others. It's a pretty big bottle and depending on your usage it will last accordingly. Not too pricey either. Good buy overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Grachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does what it's meant to do. My brushes come out clean and super soft. Will never try anything else to clean my brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hankbuddy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works great. Expensive - but lasts awhile.