October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dolce Vita

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by NIFI

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my favourite for a long time now. I am 31, and the upbeatness of the perfume has kept me going through some tough times. I am allergic to some perfumes and always patch test however my dermatologist recommended spraying my clothes not my skin with perfume (not sure what this does to the fabrics long term though)

It is a sweet smell and many people have asked me what perfume I am wearing and I tell them! Although not like the time a man stalked me round WHSmiths (stationery store in UK) when I was wearing "Samsara" but thats another story.

I hope Dior continue with this classic for a long time to come.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 2:20:00 AM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I hate when people typecast a perfume, I have to put out the following caveats after the previous reviews: I'm 26 and I bought my first bottle when I was 17. I don't wear shoulder pads, I have never watched Dynasty, and while I do love the 80's, I dislike 80's perfume (I think of Tabu and Spellbound, for some reason). I don't like "Granny" perfume, I dislike florals, especially heavy, complex, cloying florals. I have a good deal of body modification, wear a lot of black, and dislike poer lunches and power naps. I do not get crazy with the stock market. And like this because I like it, and not many people wear this (yay!).

That said, I love this perfume. I don't smell the notes that everyone else talks about (peach, florals, etc.), but it's more of a woody, semi-spicy fragrance on me, and it's a touch heavy but can be remedied without a direct spray to the wrist. This is more of an early fall scent for me. I like the bottle, which is squat and thus hard to knock over, but doesn't look cheap, like some perfume bottles, or boring (aka "classy"). It's one of those scents that's good to wear with a sweater when it's cold enough to use the fireplace, but not straight freezing.

It's not for those that like a light sparkly floral, or a single note perfume, or those that don't like to stand out, because it will make you stand out.

For reference, my signature scent is DK Chaos, but I also often wear DK Black Cashmere and Hane Mori, in addition to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this fragrance and use it regularly, I also like the bottle very much. I think it's softer and more fruity than Coco Mademoiselle, which is my number one favorite. I would repurchase this fragrance because it smells lovely and isn't as expensive as Coco Mademoiselle or Coco, another favorite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MarilynMalibu

Ahh ... a Dior fragrance that doesn't turn on me! I love this scent. It starts off quite powerful and floral. As the fragrance wears on the skin, it gets a lot softer and almost like a peachy scent. I adore this fragrance. Unfortunately, I think Dior discontinued this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by sammy80

A great perfume for a while, and I do like Dior however slightly too original ( although that probably doesn't make sense, wear it for a while then you'll know!) . I went through a stage of wearing loads and did get positive comments, but as pointed out by previous reviews - a bit out of date now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 7:41:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Interesting and pretty, but it could be really overwhelming. It is sort of 'passe' now, I think. I wouldn't wear it, as I feel like it is 'over the top', too pushy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

The peach, rose, and vanilla combination knocks me out fairly quickly, and as much as I love the idea of this, I can't wear it. When I think of Dolce Vita, I think of cool autumn evenings and body hugging cashmere sweaters, making me yearn for a whiff of it, but then I spritz it and think cedar chest and mothballs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by eppia

If you can get past the initial whiff that knocks you back a few feet and wait for the drydown, you might be surprised at how much it mellows out. When I first smelled this stuff I was a teenager and I was not impressed. I'm 30 now and after reading about how it's Stephanie Plum's favorite perfume (I can't be a tough-talking, butt-kicking bounty hunter but I can smell like one. I know, lame reason, I know) I decided to give it another try. The cinnamon and flowers are what I smell first, but they ease up into a gorgeous sandalwood and vanilla. To me it's not so much sophisticated as it is cozy and sexy; less Crystal Carrington and more Stephanie Plum (with Morelli--not Ranger).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance used to make me ill to the stomach, about 6 years ago... I just find it so unreal how tastes change so much, don't get me wrong I am still partial to the fresh, citrusy and floral fragrances, but have never really been super keen on the orientals and especially the sandalwood smelling ones. To me sandalwood should be burnt in an oil burner, having said all of that - I now really like Dolce Vita, it has notes of magnolia, rose, cinnamon peach, apricot vanilla and sandalwood, not quite sure why, I guess it's the fresh fruity notes that go together with the woody ones. It is a really sophisticated, classy fragrance, one you'd either love or hate.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2006 12:23:00 AM More reviews by snarkylyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For some reason, this scent just gets me where I live. Yes, it is as cedary as a closet, plus, I ordinarily don't care for fruit notes. But Dolce Vita is just so warm, so nice for fall afternoons and evenings. DV surprised me by growing on me, I'd catch myself wandering back to the bedroom to sniff the bottle. This is another one that makes me long for autumn.